Tampa St Pete(Pie)Airport transports

Ialakegirl

Taking Royal Caribbean Cruise out of Tampa Port in Jan. We are flying in and out of St Pete/Clearwater airport-PIE..(After cruise) —What’s the best/ cheapest mode of transportation to get from port to PIE airport? Thx!

I'd price out a one-way rental car. There are a couple of rental agencies near the port. We use Avis in the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and they have a free shuttle to the port.

I'd price out a one-way rental car. There are a couple of rental agencies near the port. We use Avis in the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and they have a free shuttle to the port.

time

Each t ime we sailed from and to Tampa, we used taxi for the ease and convenience.

We may in the same "boat"? We are on the Jan 21-28 RC Rhapsody of the Seas cruise and will need ground transport from/to the St. Petersburg airport on both these dates. If you are on the same cruise, perhaps we can share a cab/Uber/Lyft? Or at least we can post whatever solutions we find.

I'm not sure the majority of the responses pick up on the fact that OP is not using TAMPA Airport but rather, PIE over in St Pete. This is a MUCH SMALLER airport with just a few flights a day and accordingly the ground transportation offerings are WAY less than TAMPA International.

OP, have you looked at the airport web page and specifically the ground transportation page? http://www.fly2pie.com/ground-transportation/taxis-shuttles. In particular the rental car offerings are slim. Getting from the pier to PIE is not a problem tho, a taxi or UBER will have no problem. UBER fare estimator says X $23, XL $35

I'm not sure the majority of the responses pick up on the fact that OP is not using TAMPA Airport but rather, PIE over in St Pete. This is a MUCH SMALLER airport with just a few flights a day and accordingly the ground transportation offerings are WAY less than TAMPA International.

OP, have you looked at the airport web page and specifically the ground transportation page? http://www.fly2pie.com/ground-transportation/taxis-shuttles. In particular the rental car offerings are slim. Getting from the pier to PIE is not a problem tho, a taxi or UBER will have no problem. UBER fare estimator says X $23, XL $35

Thanks Capt. I have checked the PIE page and Uber and Lyft, although these estimates probably vary considerably with demand. I was hoping for a local transit connection or something perhaps from RC?