Ashdod beach or shopping

joern

Will be in Ashdod for 2 days in beginning of november. Have a tour on the first day (Jerusalem and Dead Sea), so trying to figure out what to do on the second day. Is the beach close to the harbour? If so, is worth visiting and will it be warm enough for swimming/sunbathing? If not, I read that there is a big mall, but how are the prices in Israel?

Sorry, I can't answer your questions about the beach or shopping, but I would like to encourage you to take a second tour. Israel is an amazing country with so much to see! Perhaps you could visit Tel Aviv, Jaffa, and Caesarea the second day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be in Ashdod for 2 days in beginning of november. Have a tour on the first day (Jerusalem and Dead Sea), so trying to figure out what to do on the second day. Is the beach close to the harbour? If so, is worth visiting and will it be warm enough for swimming/sunbathing? If not, I read that there is a big mall, but how are the prices in Israel?

We visited the beach as it is about a 15-30 minute or so downhill walk from the mall. We enjoyed our walk along the beach, but the beach itself was not that pretty. The sand was not pristine and the beachside cafes and shops were run down.

Sorry, I can't answer your questions about the beach or shopping, but I would like to encourage you to take a second tour. Israel is an amazing country with so much to see! Perhaps you could visit Tel Aviv, Jaffa, and Caesarea the second day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I second the vote not to go to the beach or shopping. You should definitely go to Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa. They are only 30 minutes from Ashdod without rush hour traffic. I am not so sure that you could add on Caesarea in the same day.

Start in Tel Aviv and if you have the strength walk along the promenade towards Jaffa. If not hop on a bus or taxi. Try to get there a little before sunset and watch the area including the old walls transform for the night. Near the clock tower in one of the passages is the Dr. Shakshuka restaurant. Go there for a dining experience, They serve many variations along with the original shakshuka which is a fried dish of eggs, tomatoes , sauce and other vegetables. Its popular priced and a great experience. Also don't miss the adjacent indoor and outdoor flea market

You will be glad you didn't go to the beach