Concierge class stateroom

dx052

I think the confusion stems from OP saying "departure " meaning the day the ship departs. The luncheon under discussion is on embarkation day. That is the day the passenger departs from the original port onto the start of their vacation

YUP....that's what I meant...embarkation, the day we depart for a cruise! I'm still learning the language. :p

Just found this page, indicated a 575 square foot Veranda Stateroom

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/veranda-stateroom/veranda

Saw that also. I think the link for the veranda refers to the accessible veranda and vice versa. Click on the accessible veranda and it says 170 sf. I guess I'll believe the cruisers, not the website.

I've never heard of this being possible. Blu is the big selling point for Aqua class. Don't know if it would be possible for an Aqua passenger to have a 'guest"?

I asked a Celebrity rep, she said no guests. They check, everyone eating in Blu must be an Aqua passenger.

I asked a Celebrity rep, she said no guests. They check, everyone eating in Blu must be an Aqua passenger.
........or suite passenger.

Suite passengers may dine in Blu on a space available basis.

In addition to the other mentioned perks, the priority check-in is a plus. The big thing for me is the pre-disembarkation lounge reserved for Concierge passengers. They offer coffee, juice and pastry (if memory serves) for you while you wait for your group number to be called. I loved this perk the last time we sailed the Silhouette...it lessens the pain of disembarkation.

........or suite passenger.

Suite passengers may dine in Blu on a space available basis.

Thank you.

I booked C1 through Celebrity and was offered an upgrade to Aqua for $50. We discussed the pros and cons...since I wasn't thinking of a suite, maybe that's why it never came up. (I booked a specific aft. cabin, so I declined.)

In addition to the other mentioned perks, the priority check-in is a plus. The big thing for me is the pre-disembarkation lounge reserved for Concierge passengers. They offer coffee, juice and pastry (if memory serves) for you while you wait for your group number to be called. I loved this perk the last time we sailed the Silhouette...it lessens the pain of disembarkation.

The priority check in is just a separate line, very often regular lines are shorter

I've been on 4 X cruises in concierge class and never had a private disembarkation lounge. We were always assigned one of the lounges, but no coffee, juice or pastry was served.....at least not that I noticed....but we always order cold b-fast from room service the night before so we get to eat before we leave.

We have been on Constellation since June 5, concierge rear facing aft. Our balcony is bigger than our cabin, but no foot stools. Four chairs and a table. It doesn't matter to us, probably wouldn't use the foot stools anyway. :)

The aft cabins are my absolute favorite!!! I can sit and watch the wake for hours. Only problem is which class we're on. In M class there are aft elevators, in S class the elevators are only mid-ship and forward....a very long walk from the stern to the elevator.

I've been on 4 X cruises in concierge class and never had a private disembarkation lounge. We were always assigned one of the lounges, but no coffee, juice or pastry was served.....at least not that I noticed....but we always order cold b-fast from room service the night before so we get to eat before we leave.

The aft cabins are my absolute favorite!!! I can sit and watch the wake for hours. Only problem is which class we're on. In M class there are aft elevators, in S class the elevators are only mid-ship and forward....a very long walk from the stern to the elevator.

On the S Class ships you might get soot on your balcony and exposed to people wathcing you from above. I also like the aft cabins, especially on TAs.

On the S Class ships you might get soot on your balcony and exposed to people wathcing you from above. I also like the aft cabins, especially on TAs.

True, but our cabin steward swept the balcony every day. I just loved the peace and quiet and that I was sheltered from the wind. I never really felt like anyone was watching me because of the way the stern is angled...plus a lot of our balcony was covered. I have a TA coming up and the aft cabins were already gone so I'm on the "bump".

And, often they are $300 PP higher than C2 for 7 days.

I don't know as I would pay $600 for couple for 7 days....we usually go for 14 days or more and I usually pay about $150 pp more....on a longer cruise I think it's worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I originally booked us in a 2B Veranda room, right in the middle of the ship for our Rio Carnivale cruise in Feb 2018. One day, I was checking around and found a C3 in the very back of the ship for $600 LESS than our 2B room. The agent suggested I jump on this right away (which I did!). BTW, this will be our first time on Celebrity. Does this happen often, that an upgrade actually costs lower??

I originally booked us in a 2B Veranda room, right in the middle of the ship for our Rio Carnivale cruise in Feb 2018. One day, I was checking around and found a C3 in the very back of the ship for $600 LESS than our 2B room. The agent suggested I jump on this right away (which I did!). BTW, this will be our first time on Celebrity. Does this happen often, that an upgrade actually costs lower??
I don't know how "often" it happens, but it is not unusual.

Aqua cabins start out at higher prices than Concierge cabins, but sometimes Concierge cabins are priced higher than Aqua, and occasionally some of the regular balcony cabins may be priced higher than both Concierge and Aqua classes.

Prices fluctuate depending on how the various categories are selling.

Also occasionally there is a pricing error.

They sometimes lower the price of a category to unload remaining unsold cabins that are in an undesirable location.

Then sometimes you just get lucky.

Enjoy your concierge cabin, and spending that extra $600.

If you don't have mobility issues, embrace the longer walk from an aft stateroom to mid-ship stairs and elevators. I did, plus avoided elevators unless a time issue, and had lost six lbs. at end of cruise. I ate three meals a day, afternoon snack of kiwi, wine with dinner and sometimes lunch, an occasional mixed drink, double shot espresso latte 2-3 x a day (often with a shot of Kahlua and a soft serve ice cream dumped in, too!)...and cheesecake for dessert Oh, the African Solstice tea every evening, with a macaroon, was heavenly on the balcony watching the wake. I loved Celebrity, it was my third cruise and leagues better above HAL and Royal in terms of cabin, food and staff; worth every penny in comparison of same itinerary, as was C-1 Concierge...the only way to cruise (well, unless you are in a suite).