Soft Drinks

chloe kitty

First time on Cunard. Does Cunard have any restrictions about bringing soft drinks on board?

Thank you

No, Cunard treat their customers/guests as responsible adults. Unlike my experience on HAL ( Koningsdam April 2016) who removed a 50cl bottle of mineral water from my carry on . :mad:

First time on Cunard. Does Cunard have any restrictions about bringing soft drinks on board?

Thank you

I suppose Cunard might object if you turned up at the dock with several shipping crates of soft drink. Otherwise, a case or two probably won't be an issue.

If in the Queens Grill, you get soft drink replenished for free every day so no need to bring any onboard.

I suppose Cunard might object if you turned up at the dock with several shipping crates of soft drink. Otherwise, a case or two probably won't be an issue.

If in the Queens Grill, you get soft drink replenished for free every day so no need to bring any onboard.

Because I drink cordial at home, I always bring concentrated cordial with me despite the soft drinks provided.

I carried six 1.5 liter bottles of still water on QM2 last month. The other passengers thought I was nuts, but I saved a fortune vs. buying it on board.
The other passengers were probably like us and just drink the ship's tap water, saving themselves even more money. :D

Of course, water "taste" is a personal thing. We find the water on the QM2 to be much better than the municipal water in many US cities. We do buy water when we visit Los Angeles and several other coastal cities, but never found the need here in the MIdWest.

The bottled water was mostly for my trips to the gym - I didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home. $15 for 6 1.5-liter bottles of water was a worthwhile purchase for me.

The bottled water was mostly for my trips to the gym - I didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home. $15 for 6 1.5-liter bottles of water was a worthwhile purchase for me.
So I assume that means you didn't actually try the ship's tap water.

Apart from the Trans Atlantic crossing, you will be stopping at various ports and can stock up on water.;p

Nonsense, I drank the ship’s tap water at meals.

And clearly it wasn’t salty, which means CruiseCritic is infested with dirty liars.

I guess I don't understand why you would state earlier in this thread that you "didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home" after you had been drinking that very same water with your meals." Seems a bit contradictory regardless of what someone else may have posted on CC.

No, Cunard treat their customers/guests as responsible adults. Unlike my experience on HAL ( Koningsdam April 2016) who removed a 50cl bottle of mineral water from my carry on . :mad:

(bolding by me): That's strange. We have cruised HAL numerous times in the last two years and never had a problem with bringing water or sodas on board. We sometimes bring sparkling water of a special brand but we saw many people bringing even cases of water etc. with no trouble. Sometimes they check for more than the two bottles of wine per cabin you are allowed to bring which doesn't interest us as the wines on board are quite decent. We also bought water in ports we visited during our journeys and that again was never a problem.

I guess I don't understand why you would state earlier in this thread that you "didn't want to fill my bottle from the tap in the stateroom's bathroom and had read that the tap water on board was saltier than tap water at home" after you had been drinking that very same water with your meals." Seems a bit contradictory regardless of what someone else may have posted on CC.

1) When planning our trip, I read on this forum that the tap water on board was saltier than the tap water on land, due to the fact that the tap water on board is actually boiled sea water (as detailed in the excellent documentary, Inside Queen Mary 2).

2) I have hypertension, which causes my legs and feet to swell when I consume too much salt, which is not fun

3) Not wanting to have swollen legs and feet from consuming too much tap water on board, I brought 9 liters of bottled water on board with me

4) As it turns out, the tap water was not too salty, and I didn’t want to carry the bottled water off the ship, and dumping it down the shower drain seemed wasteful, so I drank it on board, mainly while working out.