Explore 4 beverage package question

crazytomatoes

TAD2005, that is exactly how we feel as well. We are going to Alaska in May and those specialty coffees might come in handy on chilly glacier days!! We like to have wine with dinner but it's the other things like bottled water, specialty coffees and soda that make the package worthwhile. While we have not sailed on Hal yet we have had a beverage package on Celebrity 3 times and we feel as if we have gotten our money's worth each time. We are looking forward to having a beverage package thanks to explore 4 on our upcoming trip on the Amsterdam in May. It is most certainly not about drinking 15 alcoholic beverages each day, but the convenience of being able to try different beverages that enhance your experience without worrying about your bill at the end. There is defiantly value in the package. We easily get our money's worth each day even on busy port days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, seems worth it to us as well.

Could someone confirm that if you have the Explore 4 pkg, that it includes drinks up to $9.00??

Yes. It does.

Explore 4 includes the Signature Beverage Package, which gives you up to 15 drinks per day, at a price up to $9 per drink. Service charge is included in the package, but not added to the price of the drink.

• 9 months later...
I called HAL and if the siganture drink package is included as a perk the service charges are included alsp. Call and check like i did!

Yes, if you have Explore4 (which is the Signature drink Package) the service charges are included. That's an established fact and has been stated here.

RuthC's post right before yours even states it ;)

The information is correct. Also back in the threads it said you need to present your drink card and your crew scarred or key card. That is totally incorrect everything is on one key card now as it has been for several years. If a person is traveling for free as part of the package in your room they are not required to buy a drink package if two people in the room have the signature package. Again I just confirm this by phone.

Just a heads up that this is a resurrected thread and that some of the information may no longer be accurate. There are newer threads with more current information.

Yes, thank you for mentioning that. The original post threw me for a sec until I saw this thread's post date. ;) There have probably been a dozen Explore4 threads started this month alone. :D

Thanks fat cat for being so sweet. We are going on the October 26th sailing of the Equinox to the Southern Caribbean for 10 nights and then on the January 12th Holland America oosterdam cruise to Eastern Caribbean for 7 nights with our son who's an actor in New York but will be performing down here in Florida. Thanks again to everybody for your conscientious and caring replies

If a person is traveling for free as part of the package in your room they are not required to buy a drink package if two people in the room have the signature package. Again I just confirm this by phone.

This is good to know as I know differing cruise lines have different policies for all occupents of cabins and buying beverage packages, some requiring everyone to have the same package or 3rd and 4th to at least have a non-alcoholic package. If in doubt, always call.

That said, my PCC didn't know that the policy concerning upgrading the Explore4 SBP to the Elite package had been changed. She told me NO, no upgrade period but when I told her others on CC had reported doing just this on ships recently she transferred me to Ship Services who gave me a definite YES and even explained how to do it. She was thankful to know herself. I kinda wonder if at times the left and right hands of HAL don't always know what each other are doing. ;p;)

do not call on the weekend! They have a bunch of Millennials the number one don't want to answer the phone and then cannot answer a question unless it is on the screen in front of them. When in doubt ask for a supervisor during the week they won't do it during the weekend. They will tell you they are not available or put you on hold and never come back