St. Thomas

alb456

I am on the Summit out of San Juan on October 28th, our itinerary still shows that we are going to St. Thomas but according to reports the port is not opening until November 10th. Does anyone know what the cruise line will substitute this with or will it just be a sea day?

I am on the Summit out of San Juan on October 28th, our itinerary still shows that we are going to St. Thomas but according to reports the port is not opening until November 10th. Does anyone know what the cruise line will substitute this with or will it just be a sea day?

Hi. I'm on the same cruise & one of the people on our roll call (not sure if you're on there) received a call last night from Celebrity that St. Thomas is being replaced with Martinique. Another person called to confirm. I haven't gotten any notification yet from X.

If you go the the Celebrity website... at the very top in about a size 4 font... it says "Caribbean Itinerary Modification Alert". If you click there the next page lists each sailing... just click on the ship and appropriate sailing and they will show an original and revised itinerary. Nicely lays out the changes.

Hmm, on same sailing and haven't heard about the Martinique substitution. Happy either way as it is already a port-intensive cruise!

And for those saying to check the website, there is a discrepancy between what Celebrity has published on their page about the status of each port ("We plan to return to St. Thomas on November 17 aboard Celebrity Summit") and on our updated itinerary which still says we will stop in St. Thomas November 3.

FYI word on the roll call is:

Monday: Barbados

Tuesday: St. Lucia

Wednesday: Martinique

Thursday: Antigua

Friday: St. Kitts

Apparently multiple people have confirmed this with Celebrity but again, I have not received a call or email like with the previous changes.

Hmm, on same sailing and haven't heard about the Martinique substitution. Happy either way as it is already a port-intensive cruise!

And for those saying to check the website, there is a discrepancy between what Celebrity has published on their page about the status of each port ("We plan to return to St. Thomas on November 17 aboard Celebrity Summit") and on our updated itinerary which still says we will stop in St. Thomas November 3.

I've been checking my email about every ten minutes (obsessive much?!!?) to see if X has sent anything about itinerary change. Still nothing. From what the two people who spoke with Celebrity say they're also tweaking which days are what ports. This is what they were told: Wednesday the 1st = Martinique, Thurs the 2nd = Antigua, Friday the 3rd = St Kitts. (Not sure if you're on the roll call. You may have already seen that posted today)

I received a call from Celebrity a few hours ago that the itinerary changed- it’s as previously posted

Mon -Barbados

Tues- st Lucia

Wed-Martinique

Thurs-Antigua

Fri- St. Kitts

They said I should get an email as well , but haven’t received it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our roll call for the Nov. 11th sailing many people have been informed (ONLY by their TA) that St. Thomas has been removed and Martinique has been added and the days have switched with St. Kitts. Nowhere does it say anything about this change on the celebrity website (including the itinerary modification page) OR on our reservation. Kind of confusing.

On our roll call for the Nov. 11th sailing many people have been informed (ONLY by their TA) that St. Thomas has been removed and Martinique has been added and the days have switched with St. Kitts. Nowhere does it say anything about this change on the celebrity website (including the itinerary modification page) OR on our reservation. Kind of confusing.

COMPLETELY CONFUSING!! I received the call late Monday night (930ish) and was first to post it on our roll call. I've been checking the X website and my email and haven't seen a thing about this change. I called X Tuesday and they confirmed the port changes and that any booked excursions will be cancelled and refunded within 5 days of cancellation. Ugh! I hate having to rebook and re-plan 10 days out - especially without written confirmation of the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a friend who has a home on St Thomas. They just returned on Oct 23rd. I will note some of his observations: His comments are that he has never seen the island so busy... people work all daylight hours now that curfew has been reduced. He has seen lots of out of town utility crews, military and FEMA on the island and most gas stations are open and the port is open with significant container traffic. Interestingly he comments that their normally dysfunctional government has been very pro-active and informative they have been working to speed up permitting. He notes that the islands updated building codes worked since more than half of the homes still had roofs. However apparently most of the traffic lights are still out and many of the roads are in bad shape. There is lots of debris (not surprising... we have another friend in Orlando and his debris from Irma was just picked up on Oct 25). Most large trees are down or have lost large branches... and he notes "Irma had basically blown every leaf off of every tree and then provided a salt bath turning the hillsides brown". Although he notes that the islands native plants are beginning to make a comeback. All of the major hotels are closed... with repair work and rebuilding underway.... he indicated that some have provided reopening dates from Feb '18 to fifteen months later. I thought I would pass this on. Not sure when they will reopen the port for cruisers... but for those who have been to St Thomas before.... it might be a bit of a shock. But with its climate... the islands greenery will recover... it just might take a while.

COMPLETELY CONFUSING!! I received the call late Monday night (930ish) and was first to post it on our roll call. I've been checking the X website and my email and haven't seen a thing about this change. I called X Tuesday and they confirmed the port changes and that any booked excursions will be cancelled and refunded within 5 days of cancellation. Ugh! I hate having to rebook and re-plan 10 days out - especially without written confirmation of the changes.

As of right now the website clearly shows the change. They show the old itinerary and then the new one with the changes in red.

Just click on the link on the top left of the web site and scroll down.

Here's the link

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

WOW, thanks for the update, very informative!

We have a friend who has a home on St Thomas. They just returned on Oct 23rd. I will note some of his observations: His comments are that he has never seen the island so busy... people work all daylight hours now that curfew has been reduced. He has seen lots of out of town utility crews, military and FEMA on the island and most gas stations are open and the port is open with significant container traffic. Interestingly he comments that their normally dysfunctional government has been very pro-active and informative they have been working to speed up permitting. He notes that the islands updated building codes worked since more than half of the homes still had roofs. However apparently most of the traffic lights are still out and many of the roads are in bad shape. There is lots of debris (not surprising... we have another friend in Orlando and his debris from Irma was just picked up on Oct 25). Most large trees are down or have lost large branches... and he notes "Irma had basically blown every leaf off of every tree and then provided a salt bath turning the hillsides brown". Although he notes that the islands native plants are beginning to make a comeback. All of the major hotels are closed... with repair work and rebuilding underway.... he indicated that some have provided reopening dates from Feb '18 to fifteen months later. I thought I would pass this on. Not sure when they will reopen the port for cruisers... but for those who have been to St Thomas before.... it might be a bit of a shock. But with its climate... the islands greenery will recover... it just might take a while.