Excursion Help!

tlf200

Hi everyone,

We are going on the Pride of America in May for our Honeymoon and are having the most difficult time trying to figure out what we should while on the islands. Our main problem is we would also like to relax a bit and not just be running around the entire time. Does anyone have any recommendations or have an itinerary that they did that they really loved?

Thanks!

My best recommendations are:

Rent a car! - that way you are on your own schedule

Do research - plan some relaxing beach time but do try to determine one special thing that appeals to you on each island - for us - on Maui - it was driving up Haleakala (no need to do it at dawn or sunset - it's spectacular at any time)

Get a guidebook! That way, you can find out what really interests you on each island! You can find out about beaches, shopping, restaurants, car rentals....everything you need to know! There is SO much to see and do...so pick out 1 or 2 things in each place...or none, if that suits you!

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

We are going on the Pride of America in May for our Honeymoon and are having the most difficult time trying to figure out what we should while on the islands. Our main problem is we would also like to relax a bit and not just be running around the entire time. Does anyone have any recommendations or have an itinerary that they did that they really loved?

Thanks!

I definitely recommend getting some guidebooks. My favorite were the Hawaii Revealed series (one for each island.) I got lots of good ideas from them. I also highly recommend renting a car at each port. Hawaii is very easy to drive and do it yourself. Some of my favorites were:

Maui: Sunrise Bike Tour through Adventure Maui--yes you have to get up really early and meet the shuttle at 3:15 am, but it was great. I chose Adventure Maui because they were the only ones that take you on a bike ride all the way to ocean (stopping in Paia Park)--the rest stopped at the bottom of the crater.

Hilo: Punalu'u Beach to see the black sand beach and turtles and Volcanoes National Park.

Kona: Beach day at Manini'owali Beach at Kua Bay.....loved it there. See my pic below...it was really nice there.

Kauai: Airplane ride with Wings Over Kauai--I highly recommend you do either the plane ride or helicopter ride here--it is absolutely gorgeous and I feel is a must do.

33352765483_c238d095f9.jpg

So far, everyone says rent a car. I just want you to consider something else. I am going next year and we will rent a car on Oahu because we have a couple of specific destinations in mind. On the rest of the islands, we will take a tour because we do not know exactly what we want to see, and because we do not want to do whatever needs to be done to get to the rental location and return the vehicle later, and because we always learn a lot from listening to the tour guides, most of whom are very entertaining, and because it is relaxing to leave the driving to someone else. We have one private tour booked and are looking at another. We will not be doing a big bus tour......all small car or van, booked privately....not from the ship. Just want you to think about that. Have a great trip!! :cool: