Would you take this "upgrade"?

BubbaLuvin

I am in a C3 which is towards the front of the ship. It's after final payments and the price is cheaper now, of course. I asked my TA what are my options, and she said no extra on board credits or refunds are given, but we can look into upgrades. She said She can move us to a higher concierge category which basically would be moving towards the middle of the ship, but we'd lose $100 OBC. Would you take this?

I don't understand why you would lose the OBC.

Is the OBC from the TA? Why would you lose it? This is a typical upgrade to an available Concierge Cabin. I'd ask questions and maybe talk to supervisor.

Because the deals offered for the upgraded cabin offer less perks.

We have three in the cabin. The "upgraded" cabin offers no perks for the third person. So we can keep the perks we already have but will lose the $100 perk that was awarded to the third person.

Edited by BubbaLuvin
adding more details

I would go with whichever cabin is larger since there's 3 of you. There are advantages to being mid-ship and that is primarily that there's less movement when the ship is under way. You're pretty close to the main elevator bank IF walking is an issue, but depending where your cabin in located forward, you might also be very close to the elevators that are used primarily when boarding and leaving for shore excursions. There is a downside to forward cabins depending again on how forward you are and that is that you have very little protection from the wind when you're under way, sometimes rendering the balcony almost unusable. If you're in a bow suite (facing ahead when the ship is underway) you may have to keep your drapes drawn as soon as it gets dark because on some ships these cabins are directly below the Bridge and the lights from your cabin can affect visibility.

I would go with whichever cabin is larger since there's 3 of you. There are advantages to being mid-ship and that is primarily that there's less movement when the ship is under way. You're pretty close to the main elevator bank IF walking is an issue, but depending where your cabin in located forward, you might also be very close to the elevators that are used primarily when boarding and leaving for shore excursions. There is a downside to forward cabins depending again on how forward you are and that is that you have very little protection from the wind when you're under way, sometimes rendering the balcony almost unusable. If you're in a bow suite (facing ahead when the ship is underway) you may have to keep your drapes drawn as soon as it gets dark because on some ships these cabins are directly below the Bridge and the lights from your cabin can affect visibility.

Never thought about how the wind my affect the balcony.

The cabin upgrade would not be any bigger or smaller. It would just move from the front to the mid.