What is the weirdest thing you ever seen happening on an NCL ship! Just Curious.

tgloersen

On the last day of the 7 night cruise a man was complaining to Guest Services about his several thousand dollar room charge bill. They explained it was mainly charges from the Spa, for his wife. He said that is where they were wrong, he had hidden the charge cards from his wife, she only had the services that were included with her room card.

• Haha 1

On the last day of the 7 night cruise a man was complaining to Guest Services about his several thousand dollar room charge bill. They explained it was mainly charges from the Spa, for his wife. He said that is where they were wrong, he had hidden the charge cards from his wife, she only had the services that were included with her room card.
That's funny right there

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

On the Jade Transatlantic this September were two elderly "gentlemen" who paraded around the ship

dressed in "Baby Doll" outfits. New outfit every night. Turned a few heads especially when they

joined in the Men versus Women quiz in the Spinnaker helping out the woman team much to

the consternation of the host.

Now that is funny!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

This happened slightly off the ship, but after a long, relaxing cruise, my wife and I were disembarking in Miami.

We found our luggage, grabbed a porter, and as we went through Customs and Immigration, I handed over my passport and she handed over her keycard.

The look the immigration officer gave her was priceless. I think she was surprised her keycard didn't work any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Overheard when leaving the Garden Cafe on Day 7, a sea day, a passenger asking a crew member “Which way is forward?”. I laughed all day. Day 7 aside, we were at sea...ie MOVING (!)...and this conversation took place right next to a full wall of windows. Hope I never run into that passenger on the highway [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Haha 1

On the Norwegian Dawn (a few years back) a male passenger walked around deck several times a day wearing a giant cardboard sign on his back that read: "I'm an abusive husband" or something similar and on sea days he would wear a women's red wig as well.

Some of our fellow passengers thought it may have been a condition imposed on him by a judge. (if it was a domestic abuse issue)

We don't know, and none of us ever asked but it was one of the strangest things we've seen on a cruise.

We never saw his wife/companion.....

• Like 1

On the Breakaway, there was some crazy old lady who wore the same crazy outfit EVERY SINGLE DAY, we saw her after customs getting into a cab with just her pocketbook,,,nothing else.

Maybe it's becasue it's late and I am tired/sensitive, but this one made me feel so sad. Just wondering what her story is....

• Like 1

On the Breakaway, there was some crazy old lady who wore the same crazy outfit EVERY SINGLE DAY, we saw her after customs getting into a cab with just her pocketbook,,,nothing else.

Sounds like she is the Jack Reacher of cruising.

What makes you think she was a "crazy old lady". Pretty insulting if you did not speak to her. Maybe her luggage was lost. She might have been washing her clothes in her cabin. I think the crazy people are the ones who judge her, WOW, not very nice.

• Like 1

What makes you think she was a "crazy old lady". Pretty insulting if you did not speak to her. Maybe her luggage was lost. She might have been washing her clothes in her cabin. I think the crazy people are the ones who judge her, WOW, not very nice.

Hey Kev, by any chance was the crazy old lady taking the cab to Homestead?

• Haha 1

I also wondering how they knew she was a "crazy old lady". Did they see something she did that would make them believe she was crazy. Other than the fact she wore the same thing every day. A lot of people travel light. If you spend your whole cruise watching other people and then follow them out to the taxi to see if they have luggage or not makes you kind of weird.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
THIS!!!! My husband and I have made a joke out of the complaints we have heard. Alain (hotel manager on the Dawn) told us he received hate mail after the refurb about the artwork in the dining room... people told him they would never sail NCL again..over the ART IN THE DINING ROOM!

We also have heard people throwing fits over the stupidest stuff, so now whenever ANYTHING goes wrong... we get silly. I stubbed my toe, "I am NEVER sailing NCL again!" It rained for 10 minutes "I am NEVER sailing NCL again!"

Shoot, even at home... I dropped my dinner plate and my husband said, "That's it, I am NEVER sailing NCL again!"

We crack ourselves up, I guess we are just weird :) We live our lives trying to always appreciate the good, and not let bumps in the road ruin our day. Kindness is SO much better than being mad all the time.

Have a blessed day everyone!

I can understand the complaints about the Dawn. We have cruised on the Dawn three times, twice before the refurb and once after, all with Alain Magnier as Hotel Director. The artwork and decor in the MDR are hideous, and Alain just shakes his head about them. They won't keep me from sailing NCL again, and they may not even keep me from sailing on the Dawn, but they surely will keep me from visiting the Dawn MDR ever again. YUCK.

• Haha 1

Not THE weirdest thing ... but it was funny. Think it was 07/29/12 to 08/04/12 we were on NCL to Alaska. We left Seattle & it was GORGEOUS. Sunny & warm. Woke next morning to cold 60 degree weather & rain. Was like that until we got to Victoria, Canada. Friday afternoon, sunny & warm, the band was playing by the pool. DH and I were walking across the pool deck. Band started playing Sweet Home Alabama. Was just the intro and I yelled "woohoo ... turn it up!" .... Nothing. Dead silence. SO many eyes staring at me! Band kept playing but apparently no one 'got it'. So we laughed and just kept walking.

Great place for a like button! Turn it up...

• Haha 1

I can understand the complaints about the Dawn. We have cruised on the Dawn three times, twice before the refurb and once after, all with Alain Magnier as Hotel Director. The artwork and decor in the MDR are hideous, and Alain just shakes his head about them. They won't keep me from sailing NCL again, and they may not even keep me from sailing on the Dawn, but they surely will keep me from visiting the Dawn MDR ever again. YUCK.

We noticed the Art Decor as being a bit strange but we love the Dawn before and after the refurb and will just have to accept it!;)

I haven’t seen the artwork on the Dawn myself, but I think that’s kind of a moot point. I don’t think it’s completely crazy to say that you might not vacation on a certain **** again because you didn’t like the decor. Going on vacation is supposed to be about relaxing and enjoying your surroundings. Even if the reasons might seem trivial to self, if you aren’t happy with where you are, and that impacts your enjoyment of the vacation, and what is the point of the vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums