Beach ideas for Cozumel, Belize, Roatan on Breeze in Jan 2018

mpollock8007

Hello All -- First time cruiser taking my 78 yo mom and 29 yo daughter for a "girls" cruise while youngest "girl" is on winter break from grad school. Looking for anyone's recommendations for getting a nice relaxing time on the beach in one of the ports. My Mom just likes to walk on the beach, wade in the water and maybe do very shallow snorkeling but it's been years since she has been in the ocean. I am hesitant to book an excursion that would keep us from going back to the boat early if my Mom gets tired. I have read that El Cid is an easy walk from the terminal in Cozumel. And, that there is no "beach" per se in Belize unless we took a boat. Other ideas would be very welcome.

Hello All -- First time cruiser taking my 78 yo mom and 29 yo daughter for a "girls" cruise while youngest "girl" is on winter break from grad school. Looking for anyone's recommendations for getting a nice relaxing time on the beach in one of the ports. My Mom just likes to walk on the beach, wade in the water and maybe do very shallow snorkeling but it's been years since she has been in the ocean. I am hesitant to book an excursion that would keep us from going back to the boat early if my Mom gets tired. I have read that El Cid is an easy walk from the terminal in Cozumel. And, that there is no "beach" per se in Belize unless we took a boat. Other ideas would be very welcome.

There is a free beach by the port in Roatan and in Cozumel you can take a taxi to Paradise Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Roatan just walk or pay for the "flying porch swing" to the free beach. Little shade, limited food options.

In Cozumel I highly recommend a taxi to Playa Uvas. $45.00 per person includes a 4 hour pass, plenty of chairs with umbrellas, open bar, lunch, and snorkling equipment. Some can just sit in the shade and relax, some can enjoy the lovely water.

Look up Chakanaab in Cozumel. You can do a carnival excursion or you just take a cab for about $10-12 for everyone plus about 20pp entry fee. You can rent snorkel equipment for about $15pp.

We did that last year and doing it again in December.

The beach in Roatan is nice inMahogany bay but we did not snorkel there. We are looking at Little French Key this time. It is about $88 pp. booked directly through them. It has an animal sanctuary and all basic equipment is included.

Mr. Sanchos is where we are going in January in Cozumel.

In Roatan we are going to Club Natale. We have been to Roatan many times and have done Tabyana, Bananarama and Little French Key. They are all far superior to the beach by the pier. We thought we would try something different this time.

Unless you do one of the excursions in Belize there really isn't a beach that you can just go to in Belize City. The snorkeling excursions go to a small island with a decent beach. Much better to do cave tubing or Mayan Ruins in Belize than the beach.

That is great to know!!

Paradise beach would NOT be a great place for your mom to relax...walk on the beach etc. I am a beach bum (so Cal childhood) , just got back last week from paradise beach. My 12, 7, and 4 yr old had a blast...I had a headache and went to bed with a headache missing dinner with the family. Granted there were FIVE ships in port. But it was packed, had to wait for a lounger. The water was murky, abt knee level it become slick/rocky in areas. People pull up chairs right to the water. So no strolling in the water- more like dodge and weave. There was an extremely strong rip current also. Food and drinks took 30+ minutes.

While that sounds like a complaint....it's is not, just facts. I would take my children back tomorrow. Service was great, guys patrolling water to make sure peope didnt get too wild. (Not to be confused with lifeguards) But if it was just me and hubby or girls trip....nope.

c7d7ad5160b7d77ff3ebc6f3fb5fbe62.jpg

fe04c201c3f6e82adc7aec9dded03337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

There is a beach in Cozumel you can take a taxi to Paradise Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going to Playa Uvas Beach next week in Cozumel. What do you do with your "stuff" (phone, wallet, etc) when you go in the water or snorkel?

31Cent

We are going to Playa Uvas Beach next week in Cozumel. What do you do with your "stuff" (phone, wallet, etc) when you go in the water or snorkel?

31Cent

I usually leave my phone in the safe and we have a drypak that our money, id & ship card fit in that hubby or I wear. When I had a smaller phone, it went in there as well.