Has anyone ever changed their choice of perks after booking?

RosieRoo

I was just wondering if you booked with 2 perks, say the UBP and the Dining Pkg, but decided after final payment that you wanted to change one of them to something different, can you do that? You’d still just have two perks so I don’t see why it would be an issue. Just curious if anyone has ever done it.

Thanks for all your replies.

I was just thinking if you won an upgrade bid to the Haven maybe you wouldn’t want the Dining Pkg since you could eat in the Haven restaurant. I wasn’t sure if they’d let you swap that out for something different.

I signed my husband and I both up for the Unlimited Drink package, he can no longer drink because of health issue. Do both people in the room have to have the package or can I switch his?

If choose UBP, both have to get it. I have the same issue. I would be the only one to use it, which is annoying.

I signed my husband and I both up for the Unlimited Drink package, he can no longer drink because of health issue. Do both people in the room have to have the package or can I switch his?

We were in the same situation - my other half can't have alcohol. However, we still felt we got a good value just paying the gratuity charge on the UBP. Plus we were able to order virgin versions of the mixed drinks as well as unlimited soda.

We were in the same situation - my other half can't have alcohol. However, we still felt we got a good value just paying the gratuity charge on the UBP. Plus we were able to order virgin versions of the mixed drinks as well as unlimited soda.
Hmm. my hubby does not drink either. Maybe a beer once in a blue moon but rarely. I didn't know he could opt for unlimited soda.

Hmm. my hubby does not drink either. Maybe a beer once in a blue moon but rarely. I didn't know he could opt for unlimited soda.
He can't really opt for it, it's just that soda is included in the UBP, so he can choose to use the package only to order soda. If the two of you chose this perk for your booking, he would still have to pay the service charge for the full UBP (which amounts to more than the soda package would cost if he were to purchase it outright).

This may already have been your understanding, but many people have asked about downgrading the UBP to the soda package in order to pay a lower service charge. The promotion does not allow that: if you're over 21, you get the UBP, period.

I just got off the Jade and did not choose the UDP. I usually just have one drink a day and felt the $238 surcharge for my ten days worth of tips was more than I was going to spend in drinks once I got there. I was SHOCKED to see that one chocolate martini was $17 and $21 after the auto added tip of 18%! $21 for one drink??? I never had a single drink after that. What a rip off. But even if you times it by 10, I still paid less out of pocket for a $21 drink everyday. Really disappointed in their drinking policy. I hated tipping 18% for one drink. Usually customary tip is $1 per drink in a regular bar. Ok rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had originally picked the shore excursion perk, but decided that I would go ahead and book those privately. I called and they had me switched the beverage perk in 10 minutes. I did have to pay the gratuities when I switched, but all in all it was easy peasy.