Ideas for Celebrity website - They seem to need help from people who use the site

kearney

I am so frustrated with the Celebrity website that I thought I would post a thread that people could provide input. Perhaps someone will consider the ideas.

1) Font size for some info is too small. Reduce copy if necessary to allow larger font. For example the Itinerary changes noted at the top of the page are easy to miss

2) I received the new itinerary for Edge... if you wanted to see sailings and perhaps yes perhaps book... they had a place to click that dumped you on a page with no idea where to go next

3) Finally found the page with Edge sailings but you had to click on each one to get an idea of where the ship was sailing. Suggestion... instead of the pretty pictures... many of which are duplicates... how about a map showing all the stops.... I know very predictable... everyone does it.... but everyone does it for a reason... it works.

4) often I receive an email noting a deal then a click here button.... but I never see the deal again.

5) If you like to sail a particular ship, you should be able to quickly sort for cruises on that ship

6) Do you offer senior or other discounts.... how about doing what RCCL does and allow people to enter that info to get an updated price that reflects any discounts.... I have had to go to an agent to book inorder to make sure I get the best price possible... with RCCL I found that their best pricing generally matched what I could get with an agent.... I often went with RCCL because I could make various reservations online for the trip.

Here are a few ideas.... anyone have any others?

I am so frustrated with the Celebrity website that I thought I would post a thread that people could provide input. Perhaps someone will consider the ideas.

There have already been many website threads on CC documenting the many deficiencies that frustrate us all. It's not that they need help from those of us trying to use the website - it's that they seem to be ignoring the help!

1) Font size for some info is too small. Reduce copy if necessary to allow larger font. For example the Itinerary changes noted at the top of the page are easy to miss

2) I received the new itinerary for Edge... if you wanted to see sailings and perhaps yes perhaps book... they had a place to click that dumped you on a page with no idea where to go next

Navigation through the website is difficult - and sometimes contradictory. I documented a case where two different pathways through the website took you to two different definitions of the Classic Beverage Package.

3) Finally found the page with Edge sailings but you had to click on each one to get an idea of where the ship was sailing. Suggestion... instead of the pretty pictures... many of which are duplicates... how about a map showing all the stops.... I know very predictable... everyone does it.... but everyone does it for a reason... it works.

4) often I receive an email noting a deal then a click here button.... but I never see the deal again.

5) If you like to sail a particular ship, you should be able to quickly sort for cruises on that ship

There is no quick way, but you can do it by:

- click FIND A CRUISE at the top left of the home page

- use the Departure Date pull down menu to select your months of interest

- ignore the two other pull down menus for Destinations and Departure Ports and click on FIND CRUISE in the blue box

- ignore the list of cruises and click on REFINE at the upper right

- click on SHIPS

- click on your ship of choice

- use the SORT BY pull down menu to select DATE

You will now have a chronological list of your ship's itineraries - initially a partial list - but if you click on LOAD MORE at the bottom of the partial list a few times, you will eventually have the entire list.

Whew!

6) Do you offer senior or other discounts....

Senior discounts (with zero perks) have been eliminated for most cruises from 2018 on.

how about doing what RCCL does and allow people to enter that info to get an updated price that reflects any discounts.... I have had to go to an agent to book inorder to make sure I get the best price possible... with RCCL I found that their best pricing generally matched what I could get with an agent.... I often went with RCCL because I could make various reservations online for the trip.

Here are a few ideas.... anyone have any others?

Luckily the cruise product still has quality service even though the website does not!

Hi, I have found using Mozilla works well with the website. I would think Chrome may work well also.

Chrome does seem to work well. I have three upcoming cruises with Celebrity and don't seem to have any of the troubles being continually mentioned. Of course, now I probably will run into trouble! :)

Chrome does seem to work well. I have three upcoming cruises with Celebrity and don't seem to have any of the troubles being continually mentioned. Of course, now I probably will run into trouble! :)

I have 2 cruises coming up booked with a TA. When I log in and click manage reservation, then Travel Arrangements, I get a message that says "Please complete booking prior to making travel arrangements. One cruise is in 6 weeks out and everything is complete including printed Xpress pass, E-docs, and I've received my luggage tags. The other cruise is a year out. I've deleted cookies and cache on 4 browsers with 2 different computers and 2 different tablets and tried incognito Windows all with the same result for over 5 months now. I guess X isn't interested in the flight, hotel or transfer dollars from guests who nook through travel agents. We could always do it previous to the new site launch nut not any more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have 2 cruises coming up booked with a TA. When I log in and click manage reservation, then Travel Arrangements, I get a message that says Please complete booking prior to making travel arrangements. One cruise is in 6 weeks out and everything is complete including printed Xpress pass, E-docs, and I've received my luggage tags.]

I hope they can find your booking when you get to the port[emoji12]