Review Oct 1 Liberty of the Seas

This was our second time on Liberty of the Seas and we love it and this time it felt like we were going to visit an old friend.

Getting on the ship went so smoothly. We got to the port about 11 am. We sat in traffic for about 15 minutes in order to drop off our luggage. After the porter had our luggage we drove across the street to ParkNCruise. We quickly parked our car and walked across the street.

It took us less than 10 minutes to get through security, get our seapass, and we were able to walk right onto the boat.

Our rooms opened up right at 1 pm. As we were finding our room I saw our luggage down the hall with a bunch of other luggage. It took some convincing but I finally got hubby to bring the luggage with us to our room. He wanted to wait until it was delivered but I wanted to unpack.

We had room 7334. It was a little larger than our ocean view room we had last year and I loved the balcony.

Our room steward was Gale, I think. She never introduced herself to us so I could be wrong. The room next to us seemed very needy of her time so perhaps that is why we were less than impressed. She did show up on the last day and hinted about a extra tip and suggested we give her an excellent review on the survey.

We did not eat in the MDR at all. We had the ultimate dining package so we ate at Sabor and Chops a lot. We had Giovannis one night. We had the cheese ravioli and it was excellent. I would have liked to have a full meal of the cheese ravioli but the waiter kept insisting I get the filet. The filet was good but Chops filet seemed better but the cheese ravioli was so good next time I will try to just get an entree of it.

We had Chops several times during the week. The manager Alex was always attentive and came by several times each visit to make sure we had everything we needed. The star of Chops was Melvin who was our server the first night and we requested him for every other visit. The food was exactly as we remembered. The steaks were excellent and hubby was very glad to see a 16 Oz ribeye on the menu this year.

The only thing on the menu I did not care for was the shrimp cocktail. I love shrimp but the shrimp had a very fishy taste. One thing that hubby was looking forward to in Chops was the Mud Pie. Unfortunately it is no longer on the menu but when he told Melvin it was his favorite, a piece magically showed up and he was brought a piece every visit to Chops.

We had Sabor several times as well. The entire staff at Sabor were excellent and every one of them would come by and say hello to us and check to see if we needed anything. Melvin from Chops wife Honey Lynn works in Chops. She makes the BEST jalapeño margaritas!!! We also went to the guacamole making and tequila tasting in Sabor since it was covered in our dining package. This was a very neat event and loved learning how to make guacamole. I forgot my recipes but Honey Lynn made sure later in the week that I got another copy.

We were on our six month anniversary/honeymoon on the first night of the cruise and my birthday was the last night of the cruise. Hubby had put both events on our cruise planner. I did not expect anything to be done for either event. The first night we were sang to buy the staff of Chops. The next night in Chops our waiter at Sabor brought a couple different shots as a congratulations on our honeymoon and Melvin and Honey Lynn bought us margaritas. On my birthday Melvin bought us a very nice bottle of wine and Honey Lynn had went to Chops just to decorate my birthday desert plate. It is so nice when you get to meet great staff that make you feel like family.

The only down side was we maxed out hubby's credit card. Hubby is not great at saying no to high pressure sale pushes. We had an awesome couples massage and somehow came home with $500 worth of spa items which was the final item to make hubby's credit card maxed. Hubby went to settle our account. I gave him my debit card and told him to goto the ATM and get what was needed to settle. He misunderstood and gave the debit card to guest services. Somehow they ran the card for the entire amount 1007.00. No problem I knew the hold would clear and the charge that we owed that was not covered by hubby's card 215.00 would clear in a couple days. Then after we got off the ship another hold went into my debit card for the entire amount again. So now they had $2014.00 on hold on my debit and $857.00 on hold on hubby's credit card. No problem I knew this could happen and it was a good way to show hubby why I said to goto ATM. Then about a hour later another hold was put on my debit card for the entire amount, so at that point RCI had over 3000 on hold on my debit card. I immediately called my bank because I wasn't sure why they kept charging my card. My bank told me basically what I knew that I couldn't do anything until the holds dropped or paid. They did advise to transfer all money out of the account and offered to set up a temporary account. I just transferred the remaining money to hubby's. I called RCI on Monday to see why they kept recharging my card. The report told me it was an error on their part but my bank had control of how long the holds would stay. I already knew from my bank that RC could send a letter to ask the holds be removed. The rep from RC reminded me it was Columbus day so even if he sent the fax to my bank it wouldn't be processed that day. I have a very large credit union that I can get a rep 24/7 so I requested the fax be sent anyhow that day. After about 20 minutes he came back on the line and tells me the fax has been sent and he emailed a copy to me. I checked my checking account right after I hung up the phone and a temp adjustment was processed onto my account with the 3000 out back onto my account. The holds finally fell off of my account and the 215.00 paid on Friday.

We had a great vacation and hubby understands how NOT to use a debit card. The servers in Chops and Sabor really made our vacation so special. We will definitely do the ultimate dining package on our next cruise