Sensation - Chef's Table - Worth It?

Sillyna511

We leave in 14 days on the Sensation, and I am considering doing the Chef's Table. It seems a bit expensive, but it will also seems that it will be a nice evening-long event.

Also, my husband doesn't eat seafood. Does anyone know the current menu? How much of the courses involves seafood that he wouldn't be partaking in?

Anybody done it on the Sensation recently and can weigh in how it was?

I can tell you that if you partake in every single bite and fill up with water or wine..... liquid too.....need to be rolled out the door! I believe we even had a few bites at the galley tour preceding chefs table .

It is worth doing once in a life time. :cool:

OP: Please update us after you go. We are scheduled for a November sailing and reserved the Chefs Table as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well I think we've decided not to do it this time. We do want to take another cruise sometime, so we will keep it in mind to do next time! Maybe on a longer cruise where a break from the MDR will be more wanted, lol :)

• 2 weeks later...
We leave in 14 days on the Sensation, and I am considering doing the Chef's Table. It seems a bit expensive, but it will also seems that it will be a nice evening-long event.

Also, my husband doesn't eat seafood. Does anyone know the current menu? How much of the courses involves seafood that he wouldn't be partaking in?

Anybody done it on the Sensation recently and can weigh in how it was?

How do I find out about the chef's table dinner? I am going on a sensation Cruise in 2018 and would like some info.

Which sensation Cruise are you taking? I am going on the 5 day Western Caribbean.

Well I think we've decided not to do it this time. We do want to take another cruise sometime, so we will keep it in mind to do next time! Maybe on a longer cruise where a break from the MDR will be more wanted, lol :)

Well, I will let you know how it was because we are definitely going and are looking forward to it [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do I find out about the chef's table dinner? I am going on a sensation Cruise in 2018 and would like some info.

Which sensation Cruise are you taking? I am going on the 5 day Western Caribbean.

We are doing the 6 day Western Caribbean. I will report back after Nov 16. In the meantime, search the forum (from a desktop or iPad) for Chefs Table in the title and there are 2 or 3 reviews with pictures.

From what I gathered, it’s 3 hours long, comes with a tour of the galley kitchen, wine, wine and more wine, your name will be on the souvenir menu, they take a group photo and give you a cookbook. I’m with a group of 4 couples and we are doing formal dress, so this will be the cherry on top !

• 2 weeks later...

Ok we ended up splurging and doing the Chef's Table... DO IT!! It was SOOO WORTH IT!! Everybody DO IT! :D They were even so accommodating to people with dietary restrictions. My husband doesn't eat any seafood, and he is allergic to tomatoes and we let them know and they made alternate versions of everything for him that didn't include any seafood or tomato.

Ok we ended up splurging and doing the Chef's Table... DO IT!! It was SOOO WORTH IT!! Everybody DO IT! :D They were even so accommodating to people with dietary restrictions. My husband doesn't eat any seafood, and he is allergic to tomatoes and we let them know and they made alternate versions of everything for him that didn't include any seafood or tomato.

I am glad that you did and that you enjoyed it! I can’t wait, we have 16 days ! [emoji5][emoji7][emoji5]

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds so amazing, me and my mom keep thinking about it but timing is not right or money..lol. Leaving for sensation 11/11

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoy your sailing. Of course the great news is, for most mere mortals the dining room dinner is fabulous enough without the expense of the Chef's table. People who "need" that level of experience for every meal can obviously afford it or else they would never get accustomed to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Qianabb we were there to the chefs table was amazing tried some things I hadn’t tried loved everything. we had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi [emoji1423]. It was really nice. I’m glad that you all enjoyed it too ! [emoji5]