Parking in KAUAI - Nawiliwili (POA)

Flukster

Sorry if this has been asked. I have seen lots of posts about the lack of parking at the port in Maui but I have not seen anything about KAUAI - Nawiliwili...

So the the question is

If we rent a car in KAUAI from the POA can we park at or near the port?

If not then where?

Sorry if this has been asked. I have seen lots of posts about the lack of parking at the port in Maui but I have not seen anything about KAUAI - Nawiliwili...

So the the question is

If we rent a car in KAUAI from the POA can we park at or near the port?

If not then where?

Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds like you think you can rent a car from the POA. They do not rent cars. You will have to contact a car rental agency to do that. Hopefully other contributors will answer where to park the car when you get it.

Sorry, to clarify, we are going to be cruising the POA. I already reserved a car from DHCR. I believe Thrifty and others all run shuttles to the airport for pickup. So I was just trying to figure out where to park it overnight.

You can purchase a parking pass for $20 from Anchor Cove Shopping Center. If you want to park there, purchase your pass early before they sell out.

Hi, Do you happen to know where at the Anchor Cove Shopping Center you purchase the pass? Is there an office somewhere at the mall? thanks

Hi, Do you happen to know where at the Anchor Cove Shopping Center you purchase the pass? Is there an office somewhere at the mall? thanks

The shopping center is at 3416 Rice St and there is no longer just a limited supply of parking tickets. If you get there in the AM, go to the mall office. If after 4pm there will be a person there collecting money. They have a free shuttle from 8:30am-9pm going from the mall to the cruise terminal. Call them at 808-246-4422

The shopping center is at 3416 Rice St and there is no longer just a limited supply of parking tickets. If you get there in the AM, go to the mall office. If after 4pm there will be a person there collecting money. They have a free shuttle from 8:30am-9pm going from the mall to the cruise terminal. Call them at 808-246-4422

Thank you, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this last week. We arrived around 6PM and pulled into the Anchor Cove Shopping. There was a sign at the entrance closest to the ship, indicating rental car parking. There was a lady with a "security" t shirt on that we paid our $20 to. She provided a dated parking pass that was placed on the car dash. It was very easy and convenient, compared to the Maui parking situation. Took shuttle back to the ship. The next morning (around 8AM), we walked 5-7 mins to retrieve our car.

• 5 months later...

It's well lit but check with your car rental company. We returned our car at 10pm and they drove us back to the ship free of charge. There shuttle service was done for the day as well. That way if all you plan to do is park it overnight and return it the next morning, you are not stuck with a second day charge and a parking fee.