Concierge class stateroom

dx052

On M Class ships Concierge rooms are about 10% larger than standard verandas. On S Class ships they are the same size.

Concierge Class often have desirable locations.

They include a few extra amenities which are all spelled out on the website.

Thanks, as we don't go on any M class ships it probably wont be much of an upgrade to us personally but I can see why a better location could be beneficial to others.

Other than points if that's important to you, my favorite Concierge amenity on the S-class was footstools. I love to relax on the balcony and most definitely enjoyed having the two footstools that came with that category. On the Celebrity website however footstools are no longer listed as a Concierge amenity.

Does anyone know if that's an oversight or a real change?

Other than points if that's important to you, my favorite Concierge amenity on the S-class was footstools. I love to relax on the balcony and most definitely enjoyed having the two footstools that came with that category. On the Celebrity website however footstools are no longer listed as a Concierge amenity.

Does anyone know if that's an oversight or a real change?

We had footstools in Concierge on Equinox on our May 5th Caribbean cruise. Honestly, if Celebrity takes away Concierge footstools, I won't book that class anymore. The other modest amenities aren't worth it.

There is also a better showerhead, pillow menu, embarkation luncheon in MDR, expanded room service menu, bottle of wine, daily fruit, afternoon canapes, use of umbrella and binoculars, better toiletries, thicker robes, two more captains club points per night, upgraded linens/mattress. Some like these, other don't. The extra points got us to Elite much quicker than we would have otherwise. Evaluate the cost differential and decide. The differential between standard verandah and concierge class can vary greatly by cruise and itinerary. Personally, I would not pay hundreds more, but would (and have often) pay a smaller differential for the points if I were near a bump in captains club level. (We did have footstools on Eclipse in December FWIW)

Can somebody please explain the difference between concierge class and standard balcony as there seem to be a jump in prices. Thanks

I'm confused. Posters here say that on S Class ships concierge are the same size as the veranda. Celebrity website says (Equinox) veranda are 170 sf (38 sf balcony), aqua class 194 sf (42 sf balcony) and concierge 204 sf (42 sf balcony). This sure makes the concierge sound larger. What gives???

Sorry but day of departure you're off the ship at lunchtime. The Perk is day of arrival.

I think the confusion stems from OP saying "departure " meaning the day the ship departs. The luncheon under discussion is on embarkation day. That is the day the passenger departs from the original port onto the start of their vacation

I think the price difference is adjustable to the cruise. I'm booked on the Equinox for Dec, 2019 and upgraded from a 1C balcony to a C3, then got my Select upgrade to a C2 for $40.00 for the two of us.

You are correct, the price differential definitely varies by cruise. I think in your cruise the small differential is definitely worth it. Just a question though, isn't your cruise December., 2018? (I didn't think rates are out yet for Dec., 2019)!

Does anyone know if in Concierge class you could eat a few meals at Blu ?

I've never heard of this being possible. Blu is the big selling point for Aqua class. Don't know if it would be possible for an Aqua passenger to have a 'guest"?

I'm confused. Posters here say that on S Class ships concierge are the same size as the veranda. Celebrity website says (Equinox) veranda are 170 sf (38 sf balcony), aqua class 194 sf (42 sf balcony) and concierge 204 sf (42 sf balcony). This sure makes the concierge sound larger. What gives???

I would say that the Celebrity website has the wrong info. I have seen several mistakes on the new website (for example, on the Captain's Club page, the website says Elite Plus get 200 free minutes of internet and, just below that, it says 240 minutes in the detailed list of perks). We've been in Aqua and Concierge on the Equinox, and the rooms were exactly the same size. Celebrity IT customer interface has many problems, including, evidently, lack of adequate proofreading on the final product.