Anywhere to snorkle from the beach in Freeport besides Paradise Cove?

Whimsy88

We are researching for our upcoming October anniversary cruise. DH wants to snorkle. I'm not sure yet if I want to go with him or just relax on the beach. :cool: Either way, preference is to NOT snorkle from a boat out in the open water. We do have our own equipment, so no need for rental. It's hard to tell from all the comments on the boards if there is anywhere you can do this from Freeport other than Paradise Cove. We most definitely would prefer to be somewhere we we're not looking at industrial stuff! Lots of positives for Gold Rock Beach, but no one says whether they snorkeled there. I'm starting to wonder if it's just an issue that it's so shallow for so far out that it's a problem to do that most places? Any input/suggestions would be most appreciated!:confused:

• 1 month later...
We are researching for our upcoming October anniversary cruise. DH wants to snorkle. I'm not sure yet if I want to go with him or just relax on the beach. :cool: Either way, preference is to NOT snorkle from a boat out in the open water. We do have our own equipment, so no need for rental. It's hard to tell from all the comments on the boards if there is anywhere you can do this from Freeport other than Paradise Cove. We most definitely would prefer to be somewhere we we're not looking at industrial stuff! Lots of positives for Gold Rock Beach, but no one says whether they snorkeled there. I'm starting to wonder if it's just an issue that it's so shallow for so far out that it's a problem to do that most places? Any input/suggestions would be most appreciated!:confused:

Just a reply to bump this up... I am also interested in the same stuff... I was zeroing in on Paradise Cove, but I didn't see the "looking at industrial stuff" ? where do you see that? Also, can Paradise Cove be enjoyed on a walk in basis, or do you have to pay their $40 access fee? (with 10% discount if you bring your own gear, how kind! lol)

Royce

• 1 month later...

Also curious about this. I will be there in November

I go to Paradise Cove every time I stop at Freeport. Have had some of my best beach snorkeling in the the Caribbean here. Lots of fish, rays, and loads of turtles. The $40 is not just an access fee--it includes pick up from and return to the ship. You can take a cab from the ship ($10 per person each way) and then pay $20 to snorkel there ($12 if you have your own equipment). So basically the price is the same either way but I prefer to have the dedicated transportation I know I can count on, rather than waiting in line for the next cab that is willing to go there as tons of people are getting off the ship at the same time.