Atutaki Vaka cruise vs PG Lagoon cruise

birthdaysurprise

Can anyone offer any input as to which is a better activity/tour? I am looking at the Vaka cruise ....have email twice and still no response vs the PG Lagoon cruise that I have reserved as of now. The Vaka looks wonderful and rates very high on tripadvisor but the lack of correspondence makes me a little concerned. Their price point is significantly better the PG also. The tours look very similar. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Way different in some ways ... Vaka is a larger / slower craft that heads primarily to one foot island with a few stops on the southern side of the lagoon. PG is a quicker craft with better snorkeling stops. Comes down to the snorkeling issue for most though the Vaka is a lazy drip for those that love to enjoy the views without getting in the water.

Can anyone offer any input as to which is a better activity/tour? I am looking at the Vaka cruise ....have email twice and still no response vs the PG Lagoon cruise that I have reserved as of now. The Vaka looks wonderful and rates very high on tripadvisor but the lack of correspondence makes me a little concerned. Their price point is significantly better the PG also. The tours look very similar. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Have you considered Teking? We did his snorkeling trip last month and had a good day. It was booked privately through someone else on our cruise, so not sure how easily he can be reached.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've got Vaka booked or October, so I'm curious about Kahuna's comments. It is cheaper than the ship's tour, for sure. If you're not cruising too soon, I can comment when I come back, in late October.

Pretty sure we are on the same cruise : ) The other 2 couples we are travelling with both booked Vaka because PG was full. We still may switch to Vaka if there is room still, or stay with PG and compare stories at dinner that night :D

I've taken all three of the major lagoon excursions. TeKing, Bishops and Vaka. I believe the ship uses one of the three, I think I know which one but will refrain as I could be wrong. Bottom line: all three are good but for different reasons. Do a bit of study of reviews and find the one that you think will float your boat the best. As I said, not a bad tour among the three ;)

Pretty sure we are on the same cruise : ) The other 2 couples we are travelling with both booked Vaka because PG was full. We still may switch to Vaka if there is room still, or stay with PG and compare stories at dinner that night :D

Okay! Are you on the roll-call? I haven't checked it for a while. Should be getting our documents any day now!

We leave October 2nd for L.A. and are spending 3 nights pre-cruise on Moorea.

• 1 year later...