Mariner Dinner Reservation Process and timing question

zhuskers1

Welcome to the Regent board. When you make dining (and excursion) reservations depends upon the suite category that you are you.

The first thing you should do is go to the Regent website and go to "My Account". When you set up your account and input your cruise information, the dates that you can book both excursions and dining reservations will show up.

The soonest date will be for excursion reservations which will be either 240 or 180 days prior to your cruise. If possible, try to make excursion reservations as soon as they open to insure that you will get the ones that want.

I don't have the Regent website in front of me but think that dining reservations can be made 60 or 75 days prior to the cruise. This is also done through the Regent website.

Hope that this helps.

We are also on our first cruise next Nov. We are in a Penthouse Suite so we have early booking. Our account shows 240 days prior for excursions, and 90 days prior for dinner reservations.

You're right -- I didn't have access to the website but just checked it. For people not in concierge or above suites, it is 180 for excursions and 75 days for dinner reservations.

Thanks for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

As previously noted, my hubby & I are taking our first Regent cruise in May, 2018, Seward to Vancouver. Your prior suggestions have been extremely helpful! I have excursion questions; hope it is ok to post on this thread. I selected all excursions when the process was open 9/25. Two questions:

1. In Sitka, I chose the bus tour, however are the Russian Orthodox Church & Raptor center within walking distance or is it best to take the bus tour? I can walk about 1/4 to 1/2 mile at a time.

2. In Skagway I reserved the White Pass railway trip. Is it possible through Regent to reserve the Luxury Car (assuming I'd pay extra $). Due to a disability, I need access to electrical outlets on long per trips, such as the train. How might I determine if these are available? Thank you!!:)

As previously noted, my hubby & I are taking our first Regent cruise in May, 2018, Seward to Vancouver. Your prior suggestions have been extremely helpful! I have excursion questions; hope it is ok to post on this thread. I selected all excursions when the process was open 9/25. Two questions:

1. In Sitka, I chose the bus tour, however are the Russian Orthodox Church & Raptor center within walking distance or is it best to take the bus tour? I can walk about 1/4 to 1/2 mile at a time.

2. In Skagway I reserved the White Pass railway trip. Is it possible through Regent to reserve the Luxury Car (assuming I'd pay extra $). Due to a disability, I need access to electrical outlets on long per trips, such as the train. How might I determine if these are available? Thank you!!:)

Can't answer all of your questions, but I'd recommend doing the bus tour. The Orthodox Church might be walking distance for you (maybe 1/2 mile or a bit more, depending on where you dock and assuming you don't get lost) but the Raptor Center is probably another mile and a quarter or so from the Church.

I liked the Church, but the Raptor Center was really worth a visit, IMO. Fascinating.

Last year we docked at a new area in Sitka than we had previously been to when there.It was a good bit out of town so they run shuttle buses to and fro and if it mind correctly it was about a 15 mins trip?

Wher the shuttle bus dropped us off was certainly within walking distance of th church.

If you are taking the included excursion that would be much easier for getting to the church and Raptor centre which is a great visit. Jean.

While it is doubtful that Regent can reserve the Luxury Car, it is certainly worth asking. I would suggest calling Regent Customer Service but they likely would not know. And, unfortunately, Regent ships won't be back in Alaska until next May so there is no one currently onboard that you can ask.

Wish that you asked the question earlier this month as I could have found a definitive answer while we were onboard. Interestingly, Sitka was the port that was raining as hard as I've ever seen. It caused a landslide which blocked the road to the ship. Passengers had to wait up to 3 hours to be transferred by boat by to the ship.

One question about electrical outlets. Can you use a USB data bank? This is how I charge all of my devices when an electrical plug is not available. Since there are so many months before your cruise, perhaps you could look into that. It may require some electrical changes to whatever you need to plug in. Just a thought. USB data banks are wonderful when you need them.

As previously noted, my hubby & I are taking our first Regent cruise in May, 2018, Seward to Vancouver.

Another option if Regent can't, when you get to the train ask if you can get a paid upgrade. If they have space and time it may work. We did this on another cruise line once--if you don't ask the question it won't happen so give it a try.

I use a portable oxygen concentrator and need to recharge my batteries. So I carry enough batteries for the tour and flight lengths. You did not explain why you need an electrical outlet. What do you use when you fly?

The luxury car option is not available in Alaska due to the lack of vehicles and guides. However, it may be possible to request a private tour through our tour operator in select Alaska ports on an individual basis. Please contact your travel agent to make this request or through our Reservations team.

Thanks to all of you for your great answers, insight and tips! You are truly a wonderful community! Because of a neurological issue, to control the pain I need to keep my lower legs warm with a an electrical heated lap blanket (works on business class flights with an outlet) or battery powered leg wraps. The USB port would not apply, unfortunately. I will continue to search new products to help me & eventually call Regent in early May.

Thanks to all of you for your great answers, insight and tips! You are truly a wonderful community! Because of a neurological issue, to control the pain I need to keep my lower legs warm with a an electrical heated lap blanket (works on business class flights with an outlet) or battery powered leg wraps. The USB port would not apply, unfortunately. I will continue to search new products to help me & eventually call Regent in early May.

Can you purchase extra batteries as I do for air travel with my portable oxygen concentrator? They do not allow me to the power ports.

Bellagio Cruisers, yes it does seem obvious that I should just buy additional batteries. I have foolishly resisted as the battery and charger is 3/4 the price of a new leg wrap. You have helped motivate me to just go ahead and buy additional batteries and chargers and be done with it and be prepared! Time to get out there and have a great cruise. Thank you!

Bellagio Cruisers, yes it does seem obvious that I should just buy additional batteries��. I have foolishly resisted as the battery and charger is 3/4 the price of a new leg wrap. You have helped motivate me to just go ahead and buy additional batteries and chargers and be done with it and be prepared! Time to get out there and have a great cruise. Thank you!

I completely understand! Each of my batteries cost about $350. Each battery gives me 2-3 hours. So for an international flight, airlines require I carry 1 1/2 times for the flight. I carry about 6 batteries. That's in addition to my charger. I also use an electric powered scooter. That's another battery and charger. But, it's a small amount compared to what a Regent cruise costs. We travel all over the world this way. Both by land, sea and air. If that's what it takes, I spend it and enjoy life.

Enjoy your cruise!

I completely understand! Each of my batteries cost about $350. Each battery gives me 2-3 hours. So for an international flight, airlines require I carry 1 1/2 times for the flight. I carry about 6 batteries. That's in addition to my charger. I also use an electric powered scooter. That's another battery and charger. But, it's a small amount compared to what a Regent cruise costs. We travel all over the world this way. Both by land, sea and air. If that's what it takes, I spend it and enjoy life.

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree! Life is to short. Go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums