Unable to pre-purchase Melia day passes?

MplsFamily

I'm seriously considering spending the day at the Melia when we are in Nassau next month on the Allure. I contacted them and they told me that they do not sell day passes in advance. I'm nervous that we'll show up and not be able to purchase passes - not sure what my backup plan would be yet.

However, I see that this site is selling them! What has everyone here done??

https://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/experiences/day-passes/experience-magic-melia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm seriously considering spending the day at the Melia when we are in Nassau next month on the Allure. I contacted them and they told me that they do not sell day passes in advance. I'm nervous that we'll show up and not be able to purchase passes - not sure what my backup plan would be yet.

However, I see that this site is selling them! What has everyone here done??

https://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/experiences/day-passes/experience-magic-melia

I looked at the link, and at the bottom was a link that redirected me to this:

http://www.bookatourcaribbean.com/MeliaNassauDayPass

I ended up hearing from the hotel that bookatourcaribbean was an authorized site and so I went ahead and purchased through them. I had to put down a small down payment, hopefully when I show up in a couple weeks it is accepted! Figured it was worth the risk since I've read of several others doing the same on CC.

I ended up hearing from the hotel that bookatourcaribbean was an authorized site and so I went ahead and purchased through them. I had to put down a small down payment, hopefully when I show up in a couple weeks it is accepted! Figured it was worth the risk since I've read of several others doing the same on CC.

There is no risk. That's the beauty of using a credit card.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back that we visited the Melia today and had no issue with the passes we bought through bookatourcaribbean. There was hardly anybody there today, so we easily could have purchased passes the day of. I didn't see any other cruise ship guests there today, we were the only ones in the pool most of the time and the beach was gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Just reporting back that we visited the Melia today and had no issue with the passes we bought through bookatourcaribbean. There was hardly anybody there today, so we easily could have purchased passes the day of. I didn't see any other cruise ship guests there today, we were the only ones in the pool most of the time and the beach was gorgeous. Highly recommend

What did you use for transportation, it will be me and 2 kids and I'm trying to decide which is the best/safest way to get there? Any idea of food and drink costs there?

Thanks much!

You can take the bus and the hotel provided directions on how to do so. We had 7 people ranging in age from 7-64 and so we just decided to hop in a taxi/van. It cost $40 each way for our whole group. Plenty of taxis right outside the gates to the port.

There is an outdoor restaurant with some lunch options. A burger was $14, pizza $13, kids chicken nuggets $7, kids sliders $6-7. We told them we were day Pass guests and paid with a credit card no problem.

You can take the bus and the hotel provided directions on how to do so. We had 7 people ranging in age from 7-64 and so we just decided to hop in a taxi/van. It cost $40 each way for our whole group. Plenty of taxis right outside the gates to the port.

There is an outdoor restaurant with some lunch options. A burger was $14, pizza $13, kids chicken nuggets $7, kids sliders $6-7. We told them we were day Pass guests and paid with a credit card no problem.

Did you get a voucher for some kind of credit at Starbucks? My email from the hotel said they were offering something. Not sure if it is just for a cup of coffee or something more.