Sushi on Five for $20 Listed in Dining Reservations Options

teltrainer

Just logged into view our December cruise on the Equinox and looked at the dining package and restaurant options. Celebrity has added Sushi on Five to it's pre-cruise booking options in our reservation.

It says $20 per person but also has listed as "a la carte" dining (yes I know...the bad website issues continue!!). I also saw on our 2018 Eclipse dining reservation options list too.

I haven't called Celebrity to clarify. Anyone else seen this or booked it yet?

Thanks! Melissa

Happy to share! may call them tomorrow to ask but they may be just as confused it this is new.

If it is $20 I'm concerned they will be changing and limiting the choices. The menu posted in that $20 option besides saying "a la carte" also appeared to have a menu with just appetizers, sushi and dessert items. Did not have the Udon pork, Lobster Ramen and other noodle dishes.

Arno,

If they are changing to $20 all inclusive it may be because of the low number of diners. I enjoyed Bistro and thought I would not enjoy Sushi on Five but we went twice on our Equinox cruise earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed.

Many simply do not like sushi and the a la carte pricing is a turn off as well. We booked a 4 night dining package and Sushi on Five was included as a choice with "unlimited" dining versus per roll, sushi, etc

While on Summit 14 night Canada New England cruise we were amazed at how few passengers were in Sushi on 5.

We never saw more than two couples as we walked from Blu to the theatre nor at other times of the day.

It could be because it's not that good. The noodles and some appies are very good, but the sushi is weak by good sushi standards. On a 1-10 scale I would rate the sushi about a 6 (or less).

On our 4/24 Equinox Cruise boarding day we were approached by a manager of Sushi on 5 asking us to make a reservation. After back and forth discussion, he offered us anything we wanted on the menu for $30 per person. It was one of the best dinners we had on-board. The Sushi was delicious .. I don't eat raw fish, but my dining companions did, and they loved it. There were sushi options as well as dinner options where all ingredients were fully cooked and everything was excellent. We had a great dinner, and returned for lunch later in the cruise. We sail again next March on the Eclipse and we are looking forward to trying Sushi on 5 again .. even better, if they are now part of the dining packages!

the first day you board .. talk to the people selling dining packages and asking for reservations .. we have always walked away with a discount, if you find sushi on 5 isn't part of the dining packages, talk with the manager .. I bet he/she will strike a deal with you! Enjoy!

All these answers...and no one responded to the original posters question. Is the charge $20 to get in and then everything is a la carte?

There is no way that there is a $20 charge to get in with the food a la carte.

Count me as one of the people who misses Bistro on 5. We used to enjoy a nice, quiet lunch there after embarking.

There is no way that there is a $20 charge to get in with the food a la carte.

Count me as one of the people who misses Bistro on 5. We used to enjoy a nice, quiet lunch there after embarking.

Thanks for the response. I am still confused however, because I look at the Sushi on 5 menu and there are prices by every item...therefore it is a la carte. BUT...to make a reservation pre-cruise, Celebrity charges $20. So, I must assume that amount will be credited to your bill?

We were just on the 9/15 Equinox and on the last day (was a sea day) Sushi on Five was offering a flat fee of $20 for lunch or dinner. We shared the lobster and shrimp wontons, chicken ginger gyoza, and the pork ramen bowl. I had sushi and my DH had the scallop and shrimp dynamite. Our bill was $40.

Don't know if the offer on-line is the same but that was our experience.

We were also on Equinox 9/15, but sad to say we goofed up when we were offered the " manager authorized $35 flat fee" at lunch mid way through the cruise.

My son jumped at it, then we looked at all four of us and said how are we going to eat $140 worth of Sushi?. Thankfully we had OBC that we wern't burning through so it wasn't too bad a hit.

So they do certainly offer "sales" during the week, and as you can see above everything is negotiable. For $20 per head I see it as a value, for $35, not so much. And for sure, the $20 wouldn't be a cover charge to gain entrance, it has to be food included. No one is going to pay just to walk into this "diner" type atmosphere. Its an ok room, but not stunning, more a nice casual spot.

I would do al a carte given the choice. Rolls were about $10 and the apps were roughly $8. So if each person had an app and a roll you are in the $20 ballpark. Anything consumed above that puts the "all inclusive" option in a value play

Food was OK, nothing amazing. I did like the gyozas and the a couple of the rolls. The lobster "potstickers" were a bit over seasoned and a tad sloppy in my opinion. They do have sashimi ( no rice) and nigiri ( rice) available as well, priced by the each so if you were a heavy hitter on the fish you could get your moneys worth that way ( all inclusive)

Edited by grimace95120
spelling

I looked on cruise planner and the fine print says for the $20 you get up to $35 worth of food at sushi .

What I read said that the $35 was if you used one of the multi-dinner packages to go to Sushi on Five. I saw some other fine print that said something like "we will be glad to make your reservation and credit $20 toward your a la carte choices".

So what I actually think that $20 buys you is just a reservation and a credit of $20 to spend on a la carte items at the restaurant. Which seems rather pointless.

The way it is worded, though, is remarkably confusing, so maybe I am wrong. Regardless, Celebrity ought to clarify it on their website. If it really was order whatever and as much as you want for $20, I would definitely buy it!

I just spoke to a Celebrity rep and she verified that it's $20 for all you can eat. She said that if only specific items were included, it would state that in the fine print. Although, I don't know about her reliability because she seemed a bit spaced out lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just spoke to a Celebrity rep and she verified that it's $20 for all you can eat. She said that if only specific items were included, it would state that in the fine print. Although, I don't know about her reliability because she seemed a bit spaced out lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The problem is that the reps really are not well informed and often give inaccurate info. One of the most irritating parts of the Celebrity experience (along with the website!) :(

While on Summit 14 night Canada New England cruise we were amazed at how few passengers were in Sushi on 5.

We never saw more than two couples as we walked from Blu to the theatre nor at other times of the day.

On Summit Canada/NE now. We dined at Sushi-on-5 for lunch and it was pretty busy on our first At Sea day. Fewer people at dinner. All we could get was a 20% discount off the bill. No $20 all inclusive package on board. We did ask!