Shore Excursioneer?

rjm11

Has anyone used this company? I have only used Island Marketing in the past but they don't offer the tour I'm interested in. I'm hoping to use Shore Excursioneer to book the Royalton Sands AI in Jamaica, and the Beach Hopping Blue Room Cave Snorkel in Curacao. Feedback on either of these options welcome as well! I also posted on the ports of call boards about those specific tours.

Buyer beware! Check out their Facebook page. I would recommend you find another operator. We booked with 14 people in Roatan. We were met as indicated and then told that our tour was cancelled. The man with the sign for our excursion called someone and then told us that there was nothing they could do for us.

After months of planning including 2 follow up calls before leaving the US, we were out of luck. When we returned home, we did receive our deposit back. But, Shore Excursioneer would not take our calls. We received an email telling us that it was the operators fault...and we were basically out of luck.

Has anyone used this company? I have only used Island Marketing in the past but they don't offer the tour I'm interested in. I'm hoping to use Shore Excursioneer to book the Royalton Sands AI in Jamaica, and the Beach Hopping Blue Room Cave Snorkel in Curacao. Feedback on either of these options welcome as well! I also posted on the ports of call boards about those specific tours.

I used them, would never use them again, they offered a Belize cave tubing for 45pp it ended up costing me 130, they had hidden costs such as "their fees" 10% extra if you pay by Credit Card. I also used Viator, which had no hidden cost at all.

Buyer beware! Check out their Facebook page. I would recommend you find another operator. We booked with 14 people in Roatan. We were met as indicated and then told that our tour was cancelled. The man with the sign for our excursion called someone and then told us that there was nothing they could do for us.

After months of planning including 2 follow up calls before leaving the US, we were out of luck. When we returned home, we did receive our deposit back. But, Shore Excursioneer would not take our calls. We received an email telling us that it was the operators fault...and we were basically out of luck.

I am with you, I would never use them again, they are deceiving their customers, I booked a Belize Cave tubing and what should have cost me 90 ended up being 130. Never again

I had booked a tour through them before our itinerary was changed. Got a refund for that one right away and then booked 2 more through them for the new itinerary. I also have one booked through discount excursions as I had heard good things about them too.

Facebook is not nearly as reliable as Trip Advisor for reviews. On FB, people tend to post less if they had a good experience.

I've used them many times and indeed have three tours booked with them for my next Cruise. They have within my experience been trustworthy but they don't have control of what happens on the tours since they don't run the tours they simply act as a middleman to book the tours. If it ends up that you don't enjoy a tour or there's any problem with the tour then you simply need to report back to shore excursioneer the difficulty because I'm sure if they received enough complaints about a particular tour they would exclude it from their site.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I rarely (read NEVER) use a facebook page to determine if a business is good. If we did that we would NEVER use any business that has a facebook page. BTW if you got your money back what more did you want done? Also how were you out of luck since you got a refund? :confused:

shoreexcursioneer false advertise, they charge you a down payment, once this is done, you receive you excursion paper, where they finally disclose for you to bring cash to pay for the rest of the excursion. If you pay the rest by CC you will incur another 10% fee. I will stay with Viator in the future, who did not deceive me. My cruise was just a week ago and I will NEVER use these liars again.

shoreexcursioneer false advertise, they charge you a down payment, once this is done, you receive you excursion paper, where they finally disclose for you to bring cash to pay for the rest of the excursion. If you pay the rest by CC you will incur another 10% fee. I will stay with Viator in the future, who did not deceive me. My cruise was just a week ago and I will NEVER use these liars again.
Viator also tells you to pay the rest in cash at the excursion. That's what the 3rd party tour company wants. And they're the ones who may accept a credit card for an additional fee if you don't want to pay in cash. I've had tours from both companies where that's how it works. Both are the same. Not sure how it's false advertising when they tell you to pay the rest in cash.

I'm still scratching my head how a $45 tour ended up costing you $130 because you incurred a 10% fee. Maybe my calculator doesn't work. Shouldn't it cost you like $50?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Why are you so upset about my bad experience, it was suppose to be $90 and ended up being 130. Do you work for them? I don't want this to happen to anyone else.
Do you work for Viator? Math still doesn't work.

But I still haven't had any problems with either company.

Here is the breakout for 2 people booking through these crooks

Down payment = 17.98

Receipt shows down payment plus balance due of $70.00

Belize excursion charge to my Cc 110.97

I apologize for rounding to 130.00

Shore Excursioneer are crooks and the good thing about all this, I have proof of the charges and it's only a little more than a week this happened.

Down payment = 17.98

Shore Excursioneer are crooks and the good thing about all this, I have proof of the charges and it's only a little more than a week this happened.

So what were the charges that brought it from $70 to $111? 10% would have been $77.

Something sounds fishy with your story. Sorry Mr. Viator.

Down payment = 17.98

I've seen many independent tour operators charge a fee for credit cards and request balance paid in cash. Now charging you $110 when $70 is due isn't that. I would dispute with my credit card personally, especially if you have a receipt showing the balance.

Easiest way to deal with this issue, however, is to just pay in cash. That's what we generally do on independent excursions anyway and have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Down payment = 17.98

I understand that you were charged more than you expected to be for the tour but indeed that charge was by the tour operator itself not by Shore excursioneer who are more of a booking agent for the tours. More than likely the extra charge on your credit card was probably a foreign transaction fee rather than a service charge. In other words your credit card company may have been the ones who charged you the fee rather than the tour operators or the booking agent. Unless the deposit you paid to Shore Excursioneer was a larger amount then what you had been promised you can't really blame them for the credit card charge entered by the tour operators. Oh and in case you did not know Viator is also a tour booking agent and not the operator of the tours they represent.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Down payment = 17.98

A chunk of this was probably the upcharge by the credit card company for the foreign exchange conversion. I highly doubt the credit card machines used by these tour companies bill in various local currencies, and depending on your credit card and their fees it can easily add an additional 3-5%.

But all of that is a beef with the local excursion company and your credit card. I've used shoreexcuresioneers numerous times and never had a single issue. At the end of the day, all they are is a 3rd party booking agency. They partner with well established local companies that treat their customers right. They don't actually lead any of the excursions themselves.

• Like 1

Somewhat related question: Is there a particular reason why an excursions through SE would be blocked from certain cruise lines? NCL doesn't offer the same thing so it's like like they're competition in any respect. And is there any reason I couldn't just say I was on another ship that will be coming and going at the same date/time?

Somewhat related question: Is there a particular reason why an excursions through SE would be blocked from certain cruise lines? NCL doesn't offer the same thing so it's like like they're competition in any respect. And is there any reason I couldn't just say I was on another ship that will be coming and going at the same date/time?

Not sure what you are asking exactly; but some operators have non compete clauses with some cruise lines. So if you are with that cruise line they won't let you book with them. Can you just say you are on a different ship? Yes, only problem is that if there's a deposit. If your ship misses the port and the ship you said you were on doesn't; you'll be SOL on getting it refunded.

Down payment = 17.98

That not rounding that's adding $20 for the heck of it

Rounding in your case would have been $111

$17.98 + 70= $87.98 + 10% or $8.80

$87.98+ 8.80= something like $97 so if you rounded ok say $100 if you must

So even $110 is too much nevermind $ 130

Not sure what you are asking exactly; but some operators have non compete clauses with some cruise lines. So if you are with that cruise line they won't let you book with them. Can you just say you are on a different ship? Yes, only problem is that if there's a deposit. If your ship misses the port and the ship you said you were on doesn't; you'll be SOL on getting it refunded.

To be more clear, I'm looking at a catamaran to Stingray City off Grand Cayman + Snorkel stop ($54/$9 deposit). The closest thing Norwegian offers involves a dolphin encounter/swim tied in and a "motorized boat" ($129/$159). So unless NCL is going to add something similar there's no real competition involved between the two. There's also several options with different amounts of snorkeling/adding in the turtle farm that are perfectly available but not the catamaran. :confused:

Perhaps something I should contact Excursioneer about.

Shore Excursioneer offers excursion for almost every port and cruise NCL offers.
It's the third party local tour companies that would have the exclusive agreement with NCL. I've seen this more and more lately where you can't even call the tour operator directly and book if you're on a cruise line which has an exclusive contract.

Shore Excursioneer is just a booking agent for that local company. But they can't book a tour where the local company made an arrangement that bars them from selling tours to NCL passengers.