Finally Platinum Status.. But.. Will I go on NCL anymore?

NyYankees2k3

LONG POST. Read if you are bored OR interested in my comments :cool:

I am finally Platinum status on NCL. I actually got it back in June, but haven't booked any upcoming cruises yet on NCL. My next cruise will be next year on Princess (will be 2nd time with them). I do love NCL, as most of the 15 or so cruises I have been on has been with them and have always recommended them to my friends. However, the more and more cruises I have been on recently with them (5 in the last 2.5 years), I am starting to take my business elsewhere. Overall, I think their service is declining and they keep nickel and dimeing their customers (this bothers me the most). I am curious how others are feeling and their opinions on recent travel. I'll describe a little bit about myself / experiences lately, to get a better understanding of where I am coming from. My goal out of the post is to share experiences / opinions good or bad.

Me - 31 year old male. Travel with wife last several cruises. Normally book Balcony, sometimes inside if Balcony is super expensive. Always try to upgrade to Balcony. I like to drink when I am on vacation. 99% of the time I DO NOT get stupid in public and behave myself ;p. I also like to dress up at night and go the majority of the shows on board. I'm NOT, what I like to call a chronic vacation complainer. Someone who will complain about everything while on vacation and no matter what you do for them, they can't be pleased.

Disclaimer - Trust me, I realize NCL needs to make a profit and make money for their shareholders. But, my question is how far will they go, until they are going to start to loose customers. My gripes listed below are focusing on how the last few years NCL (in my opinion) has gone excessive when it comes to charging more, and losing benefits. I am not saying I won't go on NCL anymore, but in the past they always seemed to be "the best bang for your buck" with the best service, and now I don't think so.

My recent "gripes", no particular order -

1) No more salmon lox at buffet.

Don't know how long this has been going on for, but last trip I went on, we went to buffet (normally do sit down) and they did not have it. I asked one of the head waitresses and she was nice enough to get some for me. She did bring out almost 1.5 lbs worth was insane. I felt bad not eating it all.

2) No more lobster tails at regular dining.

I know this has been gone for a while? But I purchased the dinning package last time, and paid even more money for the lobster at Ocean Blue, and was not impressed. The lobster tail for "free" at the regular dinning in the past was better than that one. Everything else at Ocean blue was great, and the service was excellent!

3) Alcohol package prices / drink prices

Recently the price going up has bothered me. It does mean you have to tip more now since base went up. Plus, what if you didn't want it and paid for drinks. Regular drink prices on NCL are INSANE. Carnival and Princess still have reasonable prices without package. Not sure about RCCL, haven't been on them in a while. Also, it was nice when the gratuity on the alcohol package was included. It still is on Princess. Have used the "free" package on Princess last year, and also will use it next year. Plus theirs, includes all coffee and bottled water!! To comment further, they now have a surcharge for "super premium", that was included when they first started the package. Also, certain wines now (the more expensive) or only availble on the drink package in the more expensive dining locaitons. What's going to be next? How far will they go?!?

4) Quality of service

Personally I think the service quality has gone down.

Drinks - I remember back in the day, when you go on the ship, they would be in your FACE trying to get you to buy a drink. I feel like now with the alcohol package, it can be harder to get a drink, during peak times. I did find it was hit or mess, if you were laying out by the pool, someone would come by and get you a drink. That was really nice, when that would happen. Honestly, I didn't really care too much, consdering the bar is about 20 feet away, and I am not that lazy. I won't say this is with everyone, there are so many great bartenders still on the ships and I know they work hard.

Dining - The last few times we had long waites while sitting down for dinner. By this, I mean we were already sitting down, waiting for the wait staff to come by to get a drink, or place our food order. It wasn't all the time, but the last 2 cruises, I thought it was longer than normal. I didn't complain or say anything. I am wondering about similar expereinces?

Interested in your comments, hopefully you didn't fall asleep reading this.

I am finally Platinum status on NCL. I actually got it back in June, but haven't booked any upcoming cruises yet on NCL. My next cruise will be next year on Princess (will be 2nd time with them). I do love NCL, as most of the 15 or so cruises I have been on has been with them and have always recommended them to my friends. However, the more and more cruises I have been on recently with them (5 in the last 2.5 years), I am starting to take my business elsewhere. Overall, I think their service is declining and they keep nickel and dimeing their customers (this bothers me the most). I am curious how others are feeling and their opinions on recent travel. I'll describe a little bit about myself / experiences lately, to get a better understanding of where I am coming from. My goal out of the post is to share experiences / opinions good or bad.

Me - 31 year old male. Travel with wife last several cruises. Normally book Balcony, sometimes inside if Balcony is super expensive. Always try to upgrade to Balcony. I like to drink when I am on vacation. 99% of the time I DO NOT get stupid in public and behave myself ;p. I also like to dress up at night and go the majority of the shows on board. I'm NOT, what I like to call a chronic vacation complainer. Someone who will complain about everything while on vacation and no matter what you do for them, they can't be pleased.

Disclaimer - Trust me, I realize NCL needs to make a profit and make money for their shareholders. But, my question is how far will they go, until they are going to start to loose customers. My gripes listed below are focusing on how the last few years NCL (in my opinion) has gone excessive when it comes to charging more, and losing benefits. I am not saying I won't go on NCL anymore, but in the past they always seemed to be "the best bang for your buck" with the best service, and now I don't think so.

Don't know how long this has been going on for, but last trip I went on, we went to buffet (normally do sit down) and they did not have it. I asked one of the head waitresses and she was nice enough to get some for me. She did bring out almost 1.5 lbs worth was insane. I felt bad not eating it all.

I know this has been gone for a while? But I purchased the dinning package last time, and paid even more money for the lobster at Ocean Blue, and was not impressed. The lobster tail for "free" at the regular dinning in the past was better than that one. Everything else at Ocean blue was great, and the service was excellent!

Recently the price going up has bothered me. It does mean you have to tip more now since base went up. Plus, what if you didn't want it and paid for drinks. Regular drink prices on NCL are INSANE. Carnival and Princess still have reasonable prices without package. Not sure about RCCL, haven't been on them in a while. Also, it was nice when the gratuity on the alcohol package was included. It still is on Princess. Have used the "free" package on Princess last year, and also will use it next year. Plus theirs, includes all coffee and bottled water!! To comment further, they now have a surcharge for "super premium", that was included when they first started the package. Also, certain wines now (the more expensive) or only availble on the drink package in the more expensive dining locaitons. What's going to be next? How far will they go?!?

4) Quality of service

Drinks - I remember back in the day, when you go on the ship, they would be in your FACE trying to get you to buy a drink. I feel like now with the alcohol package, it can be harder to get a drink, during peak times. I did find it was hit or mess, if you were laying out by the pool, someone would come by and get you a drink. That was really nice, when that would happen. Honestly, I didn't really care too much, consdering the bar is about 20 feet away, and I am not that lazy. I won't say this is with everyone, there are so many great bartenders still on the ships and I know they work hard.

Dining - The last few times we had long waites while sitting down for dinner. By this, I mean we were already sitting down, waiting for the wait staff to come by to get a drink, or place our food order. It wasn't all the time, but the last 2 cruises, I thought it was longer than normal. I didn't complain or say anything. I am wondering about similar expereinces?

Going on my 1st NCL cruise in 18 days. Lol. No lox, not a problem. UDP is usual a free at sea promo, no problem. Nickel and dime, no problem. Will see myself shortly. As a platinum you should have lots of extra perks your won't find on other cruise lines. My TA highly recommended princess. But don't want to fly to take one as only get a week off at a time. So Im limited to CCL, RCCL and NCL. Still lucky to be able to only have to drive under 3 hours to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I don't think you are off base. My thoughts on your points:

I question how much ended up going bad and having to throw out. While I don't doubt it's ultimately about scaling back, I suspect high cost/high waste items are always first to go. I'm guessing Lox for breakfast is for a pretty small subset of cruisers. I usually have it a few times, and am bummed about the news, but I get it.

Totally agree. Lobster and cruising were pretty synonymous and a big deal for a lot of cruisers (not me...it was a nice option, but it wasn't great lobster).

I find it hard to book an NCL cruise and NOT get a free drink package these days.

4) Quality of service

I agree that it has changed service. I don't miss the drink pushers, but I know some people could sit in their lounge chair for four hours and are annoyed at having to go get their own drink. I get it. Again, cruising has a certain association, and drinks being served to your lounge chair is one of those. I remember when they even had cool water misting bottles. Ahhhh.

I agree that it's obvious employees have a bigger "customer load" these days, and thus service suffers a bit. I still generally have great service on board, though. Once I had poor steward service and usually once per cruise I'll have a longish wait in the MDR. I don't worry about slow alcohol service in the MDR, because that's usually when I skip a drink and just have water (after spending too much time at the bar in the afternoon and there's still a long night ahead). I certainly understand how it would bother other people (the slow service, not my drinking. I'm downright delightful).:D

Replies in red.

You got it, and more than you needed, so isn't that problem solved?

I have never understood the obsession with lobster. I'm not that fond of it, so that's most of the issue, I'm sure, but I don't understand a week's vacation "ruined" because one food item was not available. Times change. Supplies change.

I am the wrong person for this because I don't drink enough to justify paying the service charges on the free package (we take dining or WiFi.) I'm also confused by people constantly complaining that other lines have something that Norwegian doesn't. So, why are you sailing on Norwegian? If included coffee and bottled water are that critical, then research should show this is not the line for you.

4) Quality of service

I think the mega ships tend to have more overworked staff, and I avoid them whenever possible. We've had no issues on the Jewel-class ships.

I'm not really a pool person, so I either sit at the bar or at a table close by (for indoor bars.) A dollar here or there tends to speed service.

I think we expect US-level service everywhere, so when we get proper service, it's confusing. Cruise line dinner pacing reminds me of European pacing - the courses are in courses, there is time between them to relax, nothing is rushed. I don't mind the pace of service. Also, you can usually scan the area around you, spot the tables that are demanding faster service, and feel sorry for them. You're on vacation, why are you in such a rush?

OP, it sounds like you could use a change. When too many things are not to my liking, I always change.

As far as your numbered items. One and two, do apply, since I don't eat either, but will say due to the over abundance of lox and lobster I saw people taking, I would have discontinued it as well. Number three, I've always gotten the UBP as a perk. I wouldn't purchase the UBP, because being a light drinker it wouldn't be financially prudent. Four, I think the service is exceptional; I've never had an issue getting a drink and the service in the specialty restaurants (I don't eat in the MDR) has always bee awesome.

You also mentioned "nickel and diming" - I don't see NCL nickel and diming any more than other cruise lines.

I hope all your future cruises are more to what you are looking for.

On my last cruise on the Breakaway I had similar issues, at a late seating for breakfast I had asked 3 times for a cup of coffee. They were busy trying to change over to lunch mode and were all busy doing all that is needed for this transition. Asking one of the Officers that oversee all the waiters and still nothing, got to the point I got up and went to a group of 3 officers chatting away about this and the next thing you know I had 3 carafes of coffee on my table with 2 different waiters now waiting on me hand and foot. Felt bad about it and left a $10 tip on the table and when leaving saw the 2 waiters splitting it. Felt that it was more an issue with management than the waiters.

The next night who was my waiter in the Manhatten room? Yep, one of the two and he was so attentive. He made sure I had coffee right after dinner, again, left some more money but that's how they should be. I think management looses focus on the customer sometimes.

A following night after a great evening my wife and I were getting ready for bed and I had the balcony door ajar and noticed a smell of something burning. Being we were nowhere near land I looked outside and on the 8th deck saw water shooting out by the front of the boat. I called the 911 number and informed them that I smell paper burning and see what may be a water fire extinguisher shooting water on deck 8.

I was told by the operator that this number is reserved for emergencies. I replied back that isn't a possible fire an emergency? I was dumbfounded. I went to investigate myself and was met in the hallway by an officer walking down my hallway investigating my claim and I explained it to him and we went down to deck 8 to find nothing burning and that the maintenance crew was power washing the deck, hence the water I saw shooting out.

They attributed the smell to possibly being someones cigarette that ended up extinguishing itself, but the day I paid a visit to the customer relations desk and let them have it about their 1am 911 operator. They were appologetic but I have definetely seen a decline over the years unfortunately.

Tomorrow will be week 3 of not hearing back on their '2 week itinerary change' that I should have received. My cruise leaves 3 weeks from tomorrow and still have no idea if I still have a vacation. A couple cruising with my wife and I called them to try to get information that was a joke, they said to check with my Travel Agent. How can the TA know what they are doing till they change the itinary?

NCL still has the best bang for the buck but may be looking at trying some other cruise lines on the next vacation.

Replies in red.

About the lox.. the point is that they took it off the buffet, likely because it's the highest cost item, and as someone else said, it can become wasteful. Therefore, with that in mind, I was surprised when the person brought out a HUGE amount. Again, very nice they did that.. and maybe I could have specified the amount (next time I will.. she didn't ask), but that kind of defeats the whole point.

I appreciate everyone's comment's so far. It's interesting to hear other people's perspectives. Again, I am not bashing NCL here. They have always been my favorite cruise line. I would say I am personally disappointed, in the direction they are going and am taking business elsewhere for my next cruise.

Alcohol Package:

This has been one of my main reasons for sticking with NCL in the last few years. From a business perspective, it will be interesting to see where cruise lines in general are going. I know NCL has offered all in pricing in Europe that I have see. Even the all in pricing on the Sun/Sky now. Celebrity has consistently had the alcohol package included and promotions. Their most recent promotion I saw was the first time it's not just balcony and higher. Princess has offered it, I believe 2 times now. Both of them have more features than NCL, less limitations, etc. Also, in general their drink prices on their own without the package are more reasonable, and the package cost themselves is also more reasonable.

Going on my 1st NCL cruise in 18 days. Lol. No lox, not a problem. UDP is usual a free at sea promo, no problem. Nickel and dime, no problem. Will see myself shortly. As a platinum you should have lots of extra perks your won't find on other cruise lines. My TA highly recommended princess. But don't want to fly to take one as only get a week off at a time. So Im limited to CCL, RCCL and NCL. Still lucky to be able to only have to drive under 3 hours to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am sure you will have a great. I still have STILL always had a good time on EVERY cruise. My points again are how far will they take it. The platinum perks are okay. I was most looking forward to priority boarding. There's also a few other freebies.

Regarding the UDP. It has changed over time, my points were how far will they "squeeze".

At was first no change for gratuity charge, drink limit was $10 (but drinks were less expensive)

Then they charged gratuity, increase drink limit to $15 per drink (cost of drinks just went up)

Super Premium drinks used to be included, but now they are not. For example, no more Woodford Reserve, Patron, included.

Wines are limited in Main dining room. You have to pay to go to specialty to get the "included" wines. I know they did do some of that to limit how many wines they offered in main dining room to increase service.. So that's good.

You should try other lines. Read there boards, their regulars are also complaining about cutbacks, and nickel and dimming! We will be platinum at the end of October, after our escape cruise and next cruise is on the carnival Vista! I don’t understand the ultimate loyalty some people have! We just like the NCL product and price! Our Vista cruise is more $ then our cruise on the escape. We will have to buy drinks and specialty dinning on carnival so it has become a lot more expensive then NCL.

I switched to Ncl this year from Carnival.

They cut the staff to the point of almost no service.

Poor service for everything.

Drinks took 25 minutes to get.

Food in MDR is now cold when served due to server and waiter cuts.

When the tablecloths left the Dining room ___so did I.

Love Ncl for the old experience of service.

I cannot judge for what they did before . No experience .

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

My wife and I are in our 60's and are also platinum. We also feel like a change. We always cruise in either the Haven or suites. The suite experience is more expensive and not as good as it used to be. It used to be that you would truly enjoy freestyle cruising with a concierge who would almost always get you a reservation for dinner when you wanted even with fairly short notice. Now it's not a sure thing because so many people receive SDP as a perk. Our last cruise this summer on the Pearl, the concierge wanted us to write down our dining requests for the entire week in the embarkation lounge before even boarding the ship. We tried Silversea and found them to be less crowded, have better food, and better service for a lot less than the Haven. We have a Haven Penthouse (S5) booked on the Gem out of New Orleans for January of 2019. Apparently the Breakaway is replacing the Gem on this voyage. The S5 is smaller and the balcony is 1/2 the size on the BA. If they offer me the same fare, we will pay about $12000 plus tips for the Butler and Concierge for 11 days in the Haven. If we change to Silversea, we can do a 14 day cruise for $10000 with everything, including all gratuities, except specialty dining and shore excursions. It seems like to me that there have been some improvements in the MDR menu and I think the perks packages on the whole are good for most. However, the very special experience of the "suite life" has eroded and the cost has exploded. Unless I'm made an offer I can't refuse, it's good-bye for now NCL.

Gold status but getting close to Platinum. They did serve lox on our last cruise in a small amount. This may be because it was Alaska and salmon was everywhere lol. We slip the servers a couple dollars here and there and have no issues getting a drink. A few times we left our table to dance and found fresh drinks when we sat back down. We love Norwegian, it's the only line I've used but Mary has been on a few others.

Don't know how long this has been going on for, but last trip I went on, we went to buffet (normally do sit down) and they did not have it. I asked one of the head waitresses and she was nice enough to get some for me. She did bring out almost 1.5 lbs worth was insane. I felt bad not eating it all. Do not eat salmon lox so no issue for me. We loved the Escape's buffet and did not find anything not to like and plenty to choose from. We thought it was the best buffet we have seen on a ship.

I know this has been gone for a while? But I purchased the dinning package last time, and paid even more money for the lobster at Ocean Blue, and was not impressed. The lobster tail for "free" at the regular dinning in the past was better than that one. Everything else at Ocean blue was great, and the service was excellent! Again we do not eat lobster tails so no issue for us. I would love to see crab legs on a cruise but the only time we have seen that is on Disney. All the food we had in the specialty restaurants we went to (Cagney's and Moderno's) was excellent. In fact DH said his Prime Rib at Cagney's was the best meal he ever had.

Recently the price going up has bothered me. It does mean you have to tip more now since base went up. Plus, what if you didn't want it and paid for drinks. Regular drink prices on NCL are INSANE. Carnival and Princess still have reasonable prices without package. Not sure about RCCL, haven't been on them in a while. Also, it was nice when the gratuity on the alcohol package was included. It still is on Princess. Have used the "free" package on Princess last year, and also will use it next year. Plus theirs, includes all coffee and bottled water!! To comment further, they now have a surcharge for "super premium", that was included when they first started the package. Also, certain wines now (the more expensive) or only availble on the drink package in the more expensive dining locaitons. What's going to be next? How far will they go?!? I truly think most people on NCL get the UBP as a promo so the prices going up only increases the amount we pay in tips slightly. I really don't have a problem paying a tip on the package if the whole cruise cost including that tip were in the range that I wanted to pay for our cruise....which it was on the Escape. We tend to look at the whole picture of what we are paying for in total vs what we are getting when making a cruise choice.

4) Quality of service

Personally I think the service quality has gone down. I so did not see this on the Escape.

Drinks - I remember back in the day, when you go on the ship, they would be in your FACE trying to get you to buy a drink. I feel like now with the alcohol package, it can be harder to get a drink, during peak times. I did find it was hit or mess, if you were laying out by the pool, someone would come by and get you a drink. That was really nice, when that would happen. Honestly, I didn't really care too much, consdering the bar is about 20 feet away, and I am not that lazy. I won't say this is with everyone, there are so many great bartenders still on the ships and I know they work hard. DH and I always went to the bar to get our drinks and never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get. I guess I never really looked for waiters to come with me except in the dining room where they were always there to get our drinks. I was simply amazed at how fast the bartenders were on the Escape. They seemed to be flying at times.

Dining - The last few times we had long waites while sitting down for dinner. By this, I mean we were already sitting down, waiting for the wait staff to come by to get a drink, or place our food order. It wasn't all the time, but the last 2 cruises, I thought it was longer than normal. I didn't complain or say anything. I am wondering about similar expereinces? I don't recall waiting for our waiters at all during our meals. But we always went to eat at 6 pm. Maybe you went at peak times? We never had an issue with this on Escape.

I just got off the NCL Escape and quite frankly, both DH and myself agreed, that it was our best cruise ever. This was our 16th cruise, 4th on NCL. We have sailed 9x on CCL, 1x on Princess, and 2x on Disney. We had an Angle Balcony with UBP and 4 meal SDP as Promos as well as a $200 OBC from our TA. I disagree with the nickel and diming. We weren't nickel or dimed for anything on the Escape. We didn't even have a picture taken of us nor were we even asked to have our picture taken. The only on-board purchases made was for 2 Cruise Next Certificates and 2 T-shirts for $20....same price I would pay on any other line. Our OBC paid for our Daily Service Charges. See above for my other responses to your "gripes" (your word not mine). Believe me when I say we will be putting our 2 Cruise Next Certificates to use in the next 4 years. Preferably sooner rather than later :cool:.

We will be platinum after our upcoming cruise in November, and I have been wondering if I really want to cruise NCL after this trip.

First, let me say that I am fairly easy to please, unless something is seriously wrong, I do not complain about things while I am vacationing. While the lack of lox and lobster tails doesn't bother me at all, I agree with you that the service and quality of food has declined since we first began cruising. I was especially disappointed with the customer service I received this past week when I called about the status of our ship sailing out of San Juan....total lack of concern on the representative's part.

I enjoy the entertainment on a cruise, however I am growing tired of NCL's shows. It doesn't seem as though they change them frequently. We have been seriously considering RCCL as an alternative.

My thoughts on your issues:

#1 - I do not eat salmon lox so it is of no concern to me. You do and go got some by requesting it so problem taken care of.

#2 - Lobster - I agree with your 100%. Eating lobster on a cruise ship is what it is all about. I get the SDP as one of my promos and have the lobster in LeBistro.

#3 - Drink Prices - UBP, covers my drinks. Yes, I do have to pay the 18% service charge but feel it is a small price to pay for my drinks. I do think it is terrible that bottled water is not included. Since it is not included it should at least be reasonably priced., which it is not.

#4 Quality of service - IMO, the larger the ship the poorer the service. We had no issue at all with our last cruise on the Gem. BA it was much harder to get drinks.

I do agree with you about having better pool bar service on other lines. We primarily cruise NCL, but have cruise Princess a few times. My DH had the beverage package on our last cruise with Princess and he never had to wait or ask for a drink. They knew what he was drinking and there was a drink there whenever he wanted one.

I do not feel you can compare NCL to Princess in most aspects. The cost of our next NCL cruise is much lower than Princess , especially if you figure in the cost of drinks and specialty dining - the promos we took.

Before last May, my only NCL cruise was on the Norway, at least according to Lattitudes. My real first time was on the Sunward ll in 1978. Anyway, I was a RCCL regular, with an occasional Carnival thrown in. In May we went on the Jewel in Alaska and were totally impressed. Even though a smaller ship, the entertainment was pretty good, the service excellent, and the prices in line with the other main stream lines.We were so impressed that we are now booked on the Escape for this December. The prices for some items seem a little high, but nobody is forcing me to buy what I don't want. It will be the same on board. We fully expect to have a great time on this cruise. It is whatever you want to make it.

4) Quality of service

and I could say many of your complaints are either nit picking or a matter of opinion. Yes, the lox in the buffet breakfast is a disappointed. That started about a year ago, so guess you haven't cruised NCL for awhile. We discovered this on our Epic cruise last November. like you said, all you have to do is ask for lox, they will bring them to you or eat in the MDR.

Drink prices: I have not found them to be much different than on other lines, maybe a tiny bit, by tiny I mean cents, not $$s higher than Princess. But remember for those of us who drink much at all we have choses the UBP which covers our liquor.

Service, again, for the most part I disagree with you. The service has been similar to years past. We have found the mega ships service not as good as the mid sized ships; why I don't know. And as for waiting for a table we have had no problems or no more than in years past. The service in the MDR is not that great, but we think it is 100% better than Princess.

As for Lobster, yep too bsf it is gone, but never thought it was even decent quality. So no loss for us.

Drink service, the first time we had the UBP the service was slow, since then then we have had no problems. As by the pool, we just go to the pool bar to get our drinks.

I guess I could go on and on. I am sorry you don't think, after working so hard to get to platinum you want to sail NCL again. That is your choice. Vacation are like food, very subjective and what one person thinks is great another will think is below par. So far I don't think NCL has lost anymore passengers than they have added. the ships usually go out full with most guests being repeat customers

Edited by newmexicoNita

We are platinum with NCL but haven't cruised in a couple of years. We are booked on the Epic in December and even though our itinerary has been changed from eastern Caribbean to western Caribbean we are still very happy to be cruising. We are loyal NCL cruisers because they have never given us a reason to leave them and sail with anyone else. Are they perfect? Certainly not but we have no complaints about how they have treated us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Relatively new to NCL but all lines seem to be going downhill on food and service. Right now Ncl seems to be coming up w more bang for buck than rccl when I'm comparing.

I haven't sailed princess but reviews declining there too. Mixed success w carnival but a little wary of some reports of declining food there and more crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was/am loyal to Royal - over 20 years!

A few Carnivals in between -

I've been on 1 NCL cruise in the Haven and have another booked (Haven)

I believe what your stating is happening throughout the cruising industry; I see (and feel) the same opinions.

I have felt booking a higher end experience exceeded our expectations (it does come with the higher price tag though). I had no "loyalty status" on NCL - but received it with the Haven.

I agree with the others, perhaps you may be more satisfied trying Princess or Celebrity. My RCCL status reciprocates with Celebrity so perhaps that an option with NCL's sister company?

If I'm cruising on the cheap... I remind myself that any sea day is a break from work and roll with it!