Anyone LIVE on the SUN

deec

If anyone is on the SUN now and in a V or DV cabin will you please post a picture of the inside of the closet. I have heard that they have put a couple of drawers in the closet to provide more storage space.

Curious before we board for 4 months!

thanks

LOL, I read the title of the thread and thought: No we live on planet earth, too hot on the Sun

Then I thought, Oh, there are folks who live on the Cystal cruise ship for years, but the Viking Sun is a new ship.

Finally, after my sip of coffee I read your post. ;)

Good question.

Wonder if there are other changes for this new Viking ship

If anyone is on the SUN now and in a V or DV cabin will you please post a picture of the inside of the closet. I have heard that they have put a couple of drawers in the closet to provide more storage space.

Curious before we board for 4 months!

thanks

Deec, just in time for the world cruise!! I hope what you heard is correct.

if no one post by then maybe you will meet someone who would post a picture or at least a description of the drawers!

thanks, for the offer to answer other questions once you board....I am sure you will have an great time!

Thank you...do the drawers go to the top of the closet so that the closet is NOT as long from side to side? Do you have trouble pulling out the drawers with the night stand so close?

Who is the cruise director?

Have a GREAT cruise!

The drawers are on the left side of the closet only halfway up so you have plenty of room to hang shirts in the closet on that side. The nightstand is on the right side of the closet so it does not interfere with the drawers. My cruise director is my wife. I have no idea who the ships cruise director is. Haven't heard them talk yet.

Thank you...do the drawers go to the top of the closet so that the closet is NOT as long from side to side? Do you have trouble pulling out the drawers with the night stand so close?

Who is the cruise director?

Have a GREAT cruise!

My guess is that it is Aaron Syfert, who took out the Sea in 2016 and was headed to the Sky in the fall to take her out as well.

My cruise director is my wife. I have no idea who the ships cruise director is. Haven't heard them talk yet.

That really made me laugh!! ....and my husband laughed too as his cruise director me LOL.. We will be on our 1st Viking Cruise in February 2018 so all this info is invaluable.

We will be on the Sun next week, but PV room. Hopefully someone can comment next week! But I’ll be available for other questions. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will sail on the Sun for the World Cruise, also in a PV stateroom. When you do embark on the Sun I would really appreciate knowing how wide is the closet, are there are any drawers in the closet and if so how much width space do the drawers take up.

We will be on the ship for four months and every inch of storage will be close to gold in value, we are thinking of rigging a second hanging bar in the closet and knowing how wide it can be will be great knowledge.

Thanks so much, Paul

ps - if you prefer please email me directly at plmesq@hotmail.com

We will sail on the Sun for the World Cruise, also in a PV stateroom. When you do embark on the Sun I would really appreciate knowing how wide is the closet, are there are any drawers in the closet and if so how much width space do the drawers take up.

We will be on the ship for four months and every inch of storage will be close to gold in value, we are thinking of rigging a second hanging bar in the closet and knowing how wide it can be will be great knowledge.

Thanks so much, Paul

ps - if you prefer please email me directly at (email removed for privacy)

Paul,

Absolutely! I'll set a reminder to get back with you on closet spaces. My iPhone has that new Augmented Reality thing, so I'll see if it's worth a darn as a ruler :)

Edited by AdventureGal79
Fixed quote

Thanks so much, Paul

ps - if you prefer please email me directly at plmesq@hotmail.com

We were on the Sun last week in a DV6 cabin and thought that if we had done the world cruise we would struggle for space in the wardrobe etc.

It will take some organization and a commitment to tidiness (a place for everything etc) but with free laundry we are not really planning anymore than 2 weeks of clothes and no really cold ports so no boots or heavy coats! We were on SKY for 3 weeks and did fine...the new drawers will help and will keep little used things under the bed in suitcases.

We're currently on the SUN and I write this post from a sun-drenched balcony overlooking Katakolon.

The SUN is by some distance the best ship we've been on, with service levels above our hitherto favourite, Azamara.

Much of the impression may be because everything is so new and obviously unused, but I should say it also suits so well because we are aboard only 1 week.

We have a superior deluxe balcony cabin on deck 6, and no way is there sufficient storage space for a world cruise. In all honesty we would struggle for our preferred 14-20 day period.

That quibble apart, it's wonderful.

Just in case the folks monitoring the TellUs email address don't get back to me, is there anyone in-the-know that can tell me what the spa/pool area attire rules are?

Can women wear athletic-type swim trunks / t-shirt (or other athletic shirt), or is a bathing suit required? And can one go barefoot, or do I need to wear flip flips, sandals, etc?

Just in case the folks monitoring the TellUs email address don't get back to me, is there anyone in-the-know that can tell me what the spa/pool area attire rules are?

Can women wear athletic-type swim trunks / t-shirt (or other athletic shirt), or is a bathing suit required? And can one go barefoot, or do I need to wear flip flips, sandals, etc?

Brilliant idea! Much better than my suggestion. Maybe someone on board now can take your post to the spa and ask them.