A Viking Air question - business class

golfguyhhi

Viking offered an attractive rate for business class to Bali and back from Auckland, so I took it. I notice that the documentation I received points out that business class is for international travel only, and domestic flights are in coach. I know other cruise line's air arrangements are the same -- except for when the domestic leg is on the same airline as the international leg(s). When that happens (as it has happened to me several times) all flights are first class domestic and business class international.

If you have used Viking Air business class, and if you were on the same airline from start to finish, were you in the front of the plane for both domestic and international legs?

We have reserved business class for a 2019 cruise. I do not like that idea of Viking using coach for domestic flights. We may change our minds and book our own tickets.

I have done that before. I go with Viking Air when I book and then as things get closer and I check out flights and pricing on my own. Then, I will decide whether to keep my flights with Viking or book on my own. Sometimes, if the transfers are complicated, I will stick with Viking Air but use what I learned to book similar flights through Viking (using Custom Air).

I have done that before. I go with Viking Air when I book and then as things get closer and I check out flights and pricing on my own. Then, I will decide whether to keep my flights with Viking or book on my own. Sometimes, if the transfers are complicated, I will stick with Viking Air but use what I learned to book similar flights through Viking (using Custom Air).

Thanks for your reply, our plan all along has been to compare our own flight research with Viking air. How early can you get their flight information? We usually book as soon as the airlines allow bookings, about 330 days out I think.

Thanx Tubeamps. You are correct.

What I am trying to find out is whether Viking Air Business Class upgrade option includes the domestic legs if you are on the same airline for the entire flight. In my case, Delta for the Savannah to Atlanta leg, which connects to Delta for the Atlanta to Inchon, Korea, and then Delta code-share on Korean Air for Inchon to Bali. And after United (Air New Zealand code-share) Auckland to Houston, will it be United first class from Houston to Savannah?

Has anyone taken Business Class through Viking Air?

No, you are right, I don't need to know this now. I'm just curious and if I don't find out until closer to the cruise, the world will continue to spin in orbit.

Golfguy, we used Viking business class last July Atlanta to Amsterdam to London. Return was Bergen to Amsterdam to Paris to Atlanta.

All the over ocean flights were standard lay flat business class on a KLM code share operated by Delta.

The connecting flights in Europe were the euro version of business class which is 3 seats across with the middle seat left vacant.

We will be using Viking business class for our Southeast Asia cruise 4/2019

Atlanta to Bangkok, Hong Kong to Atlanta. No idea on the carriers or routing yet.

Thanks for your reply, our plan all along has been to compare our own flight research with Viking air. How early can you get their flight information? We usually book as soon as the airlines allow bookings, about 330 days out I think.

I always use Viking Custom Air, so that I have some say over which flights we are booked on and because it is the only way that you can have access to flights early in the process. We start talking with them about 300 days out to see what they offering and then I look at what I have found and decide which way to go. Sometimes, we decide to stay with Viking because of the transfers.

We are on our first Viking Ocean cruise in July from Greenwich to Bergen with the extension to Oslo and booked their business air as a place keeper. Last month I booked our air for $1600 per person less than their cost. I had been periodically checking and figured this was too good a deal to pass up. No worries about how the doestic legs will be handled. But it was nice to know if I couldn't find anything cheaper I had thiers available.

Very much looking forward to our first time on Viking.

• 2 months later...

We had a discount on Viking air so paid for custom air and booked flights 300 days out that I knew in advance I could upgrade with United miles. So far so good. Biz/first domestic and intl for every flight that has it available. Some CRJs do not.

Viking's business class upgrade was more expensive than buying the entire ticket directly from the airline. They quoted $2999 @ for the upgrade on top of a economy ticket. Through major carriers (Delta, American, BA, etc.) I was able to purchase for $2675 WITHOUT buying an economy ticket first. I chose my flights, seats, etc. and most important-if there are any travel irregularities, I can deal directly with the airline instead of having to go through Viking or my travel agent.