Cabin upgrade without paying more

bogofman

Anyone managed to upgrade a cabin without paying more due to price drops.

Our current cruuse has droped a huge amount, so that aqua cabins are £800 less than our invoice price, for a guarentee balcony.

If we cancel we lose the $300 OBC and our £300 deposit, but will they upgrade us if we don't cancel.

Are you before or after final payment? If after final payment you can only upgrade if you want to move to a category selling for at least $1 more. Unfortunately you cannot upgrade to a "higher" category if it is selling for less than you paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our current cruuse has droped a huge amount, so that aqua cabins are £800 less than our invoice price, for a guarentee balcony.

If we cancel we lose the $300 OBC and our £300 deposit, but will they upgrade us if we don't cancel.

My math says to cancel the cruise. You will lose your deposit and OBC that is way less than £800. So you will end up saving £800 - £300 -$ 300 to get a AQ cabin and may also get some OBC from the TA.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Call and ask. It never hurts to ask.

Is that price including all perks? If it's not, you might be able to upgrade AND get all perks for a minimal increase. I'm sure they'd let you do that.

Before you take the upgrade to AQ check to see what cabins are available. On theS class ships some of the Aqua cabins are under the fitness center, whirlpools, and areas of the pool deck that can be noisy.

On the M class the AQ cabins on deck 9 have noise from being under the buffet or pool.

We were able to upgrade on our 17-24 September 2017 Infinity cruise. Originally we booked an OV cabin (category 04) on deck 7. Approximately 50 days prior to our sailing date I noticed a balcony cabin (category B2) on deck 8 was less than what we paid for our OV. I called our TA and we were given the B2 balcony cabin on deck 8. Also got to pick the balcony cabin of our choice. All originally perks stayed with the upgrade. Call whoever you booked with and ask. Sometimes it pays to ask.

Are you before or after final payment? If after final payment you can only upgrade if you want to move to a category selling for at least $1 more. Unfortunately you cannot upgrade to a "higher" category if it is selling for less than you paid.

Sorry but this info is false. I just talked to an agent at Celebrity about upgrading my 1A to a CC2 which is on sale and she told me that as long as it’s the same cost or LESS than what I paid I can upgrade no charge. I’m after final payment.

Then all I can say is Celebrity is consistent in their inconsistencies!! Not only have I been told that is not possible after final payment, I have also been told that Exciting Deals or sale prices after final payment are only available to new bookings.

Then all I can say is Celebrity is consistent in their inconsistencies!! Not only have I been told that is not possible after final payment, I have also been told that Exciting Deals or sale prices after final payment are only available to new bookings.

Agree. That's why we were surprised when our request for the upgrade on our September 2017 Infinity cruise was allowed.

Different country different rules, here in MX for my Eclipse cruise March/18 I was able to upgrade from Inside to Veranda 2C and $30 less, I call my TA asking for the change then she calls me back its done :)

And during our Rhapsody OTS My TA upgraded us from inside to AFT balcony without asking for it she only calls me and ask if I want to upgrade. :)

No loss of deposit

I did it last year and again this year. Last year I went from a 2A to CC2 (they offered a CC1 but I was afraid of soot) and this year from a 2C to a 1A all because of price drops after final payment.

It could be that if it's within a certain time before sailing they'll do it. From a marketing and PR prospective it's easier to reduce prices on lower level cabins to get them filled as opposed to higher priced cabins.

This just proves that there are upgrades, and then there are upgrades! One has to know where one is going before the upgrade. Some cabins have all sorts of issues, so be very careful with your ships and locations!!!

An update, we managed to upgrade to aqua for the current price without loss of deposit (uk booking) and save alot of money,

Phone up today and was put though to the US agents, who said we could take advantage of the price drops without loss of deposit, just a small admin fee

I got prices for current cabin and also a few upgrades. I made the mistake of saying I needed to study the options and get back to them,

However when I called back I was put though to the UK call centre who said the only way to take the price drop was to cancel and lose deposit, I said I had previously been told otherwise , luckily the US rep had put our conversation on file and after speaking to a manager they honoured what the US rep had quoted me.

Hence it looks like UK pax can get the price drops. If they say no , phone back and yiu could get a US rep who does say yes.

I hope she does not get in trouble

My travel agent is contacting Celebrity today about taking advantage of the Elite perk of upgrading from C3 to C2. Waiting for them to get back to me.

If there are C2s available you should get it for the price you paid for a C3. That’s what the Captains Club offers its members as a perk. Period.

Come back and let us know how you make out.:)

Yesterday, I requested and received a free upgrade from 2C Sweet 16 to a corner FV aft with a huge balcony. This is on Summit Nov 18 out of San Juan

They are practically giving away cabins on this cruise right now so that probably helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

That is awesome! I paid slightly more for a balcony upgrade but was offered a decent free upgrade for my original interior cabin guarantee. I saw the prices on your cruise are CRAZY low. Ours have been lowered a bit but still stuck a little higher. I'm hoping for them to go down last minute so I can ask for a free upgrade again. :cool:

That is awesome! I paid slightly more for a balcony upgrade but was offered a decent free upgrade for my original interior cabin guarantee. I saw the prices on your cruise are CRAZY low. Ours have been lowered a bit but still stuck a little higher. I'm hoping for them to go down last minute so I can ask for a free upgrade again. :cool:

Forgot to say that I'm on the October 28th sailing.

Hope that you booked with a good travel agent. Let your travel agent call and explain your position. If you are unhappy and cancel, you may not rebook. You might just book something else. When a cruise line gets a guest angry or upset, they could lose your business forever. Don't be afraid to express your position. Remember a cruise line or travel company needs your booking. They know that an unhappy consumer can and will not book with them. With all the travel options available, nobody needs to be unhappy. I have had some negative experiences with travel companies. You can be sure that I won't book with them again. Remember going on a cruise is a luxury. Treat me right, I will return. Treat me badly, I will not return.