Classic drinks package - i am becoming brain dead

hampshirelad

Help - I have trawled through the Celebrity web site and as usual the devil is in the detail

Can someone explain the finer points of the Classic Package before I become Brain Dead. Despite looking, I cannot find a bar menu

1. Can you actually purchase , beer , wine, cocktails, for 9$ USA ? or is this an allowance against the cost.

Do this include ordering a glass of wine in the dining room or do you have to purchase a bottle ?

2. Is the Gratuity of 18 % then charged to your shipboard account regardless of the drink ?

3 I presume that the amount of 55 USA$ is the max amount each day which they can see form the bar records ?

I ask that for information only as I have no wish to be smashed the whole cruise.

4. Do Elite members still get free drinks between around 6pm and 7pm in the Observation lounge or similar.

Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated .

Many thanks

Help - I have trawled through the Celebrity web site and as usual the devil is in the detail

Can someone explain the finer points of the Classic Package before I become Brain Dead. Despite looking, I cannot find a bar menu

1. Can you actually purchase , beer , wine, cocktails, for 9$ USA ? or is this an allowance against the cost. Not an allowance, you can order drinks up to $ 9. If you order a beverage over $9 you pay the difference plus 18% gratuty on the difference.

Do this include ordering a glass of wine in the dining room or do you have to purchase a bottle ? Wine by the glass.

2. Is the Gratuity of 18 % then charged to your shipboard account regardless of the drink ? If you recieved the package as a perk for booking then tge gratuty is included. If you purchase the package then you are charged 18% at the time you purchase.

3 I presume that the amount of 55 USA$ is the max amount each day which they can see form the bar records ?

I ask that for information only as I have no wish to be smashed the whole cruise. Notsure what you mean??.

4. Do Elite members still get free drinks between around 6pm and 7pm in the Observation lounge or similar. Yes, from 5-7 except on embarkation night and the evening of the Sr Officers function. Drink menu is limited.

Many thanks

Hope this helps!

1. Can you actually purchase , beer , wine, cocktails, for 9$ USA ? or is this an allowance against the cost.

Do this include ordering a glass of wine in the dining room or do you have to purchase a bottle ?

2. Is the Gratuity of 18 % then charged to your shipboard account regardless of the drink ?

I ask that for information only as I have no wish to be smashed the whole cruise.

4. Do Elite members still get free drinks between around 6pm and 7pm in the Observation lounge or similar.

Many thanks

The $55 per person per day covers drinks to the $9 and it will include 18% gratuity automatically. There is a selection of drinks, beer and wine at most bars (except World Class Bar) available in that range. Nothing premium if you like good liquor. Also soda and premium coffees. You can drink as much or as little as you want. No limit when you reach $55. You can order a drink for more and just pay the difference. If you order a $12 dink you will be charged $3 plus gratuity. On the Celebrity web site you can find what is included in the Classic Package. Yes Elite members get free drinks (from a limited menu) between 5-7pm or on some ships get 3 drink coupons per night. As for the dining room, stop at a bar before you go in and get a glass of wine to bring with you.

I think the OP is misunderstanding how the packages work. You perhaps have cruised on other lines where their beverage packages work differently than Celebrity's.

Let's start from square one.

If you buy the classic package, it costs $55 per day per person plus 18%. If you get it as a perk of booking, you receive the package and the tip both.

For that you can buy unlimited drinks up to the allowed price point. They are not monitoring the number of drinks you buy. It is unlimited. Whether or not you choose to be smashed throughout the cruise is up to you. Remember that the package includes coffees, soft drinks, bottld water, juices. It include glasses of wine in the dining room.

If you buy a drink the price of which exceeds your price point, you pay the difference in cost plus 18%.

To find the details of the Classic Package from the Celebrity web site:

Click on Menu- upper left

Click on Onboard Experience

Click on Onboard Packages

Click on the picture for Beverages Packages

Click on the picture for Premium, Classic and Standard

Scroll to Classic package, then click Learn More

You will see a pop up with a list of everything included in the Classic Package

The $55 + 18% gratuity is the daily price of the package. As others have said, if you get it as a perk of booking the perk also includes the gratuity. There is no limit to the number of drinks you can have in one day or which venue you can purchase them in. So, if you want 2 drinks, 2 specialty coffees, and 2 bottles of water in one day you would have paid $55 for them. Conversely, if you want 5 drinks (within the limit of the package), 5 specialty coffees and 5 bottles of water in one day you still paid $55 for them.

It's real easy. Get drink package (buy or perk)

Hand seapass card to any bartender, server or waiter and order drink

(if it's more than $9 you pay the extra plus tip on the difference)

Receive drink

Consume drink

repeat as desired.

If you order drinks within the package you will never get a piece of paper to sign or be charged anything extra, it's a total no worry system. Most drinks are included with the exception of Martinis, World Class Bar cocktails, some specialty cocktails or some of the top shelf liquor. They don't use any horribly cheap booze so unless you are a booze snob the classic is fine. If you like sinlge malt scotch or high end Vodka, then upgrade to the premium (an extra $11.80 a day). If you are particular about your wine (wind snob) or like desert wine then upgrading might be worthwhile.

does anyone have a bar menu so I can see what drinks are under $9. First cruise on Celebrity!!!

Just about everything except Martinis at the Martini Bar, specialty cocktails at the World Class Bar or high end whiskeys etc are included. Most of the standard cocktails are included (Bloody Mary, G&T, margarita, mohito, pina coladas etc).

We just got off the Infinity a couple weeks ago, and had the Classic package as a perk for booking. They swiped the card for each drink, but did not have any paper to sign except for a couple martini's at the Martini Bar (for the difference over $9). VERY simple and easy! Don't underestimate the fact that bottled water is included. They charge $2-$3 (?) for a small bottle otherwise, so we would often order at same time as a glass of wine, and before leaving the ship while in port - to stay hydrated. We probably consumed about $12-$15 in bottled water per day (if we did not have the package). The coffee/latte's at Cafe al Baccio are wonderful as well, but would cost $4-$5 per drink without the package.

Yes having the bottled water (non premium brands) included is a great perk of the Classic beverage package!

I do have a question - are there only special drinks in the World Class Bar or can you get beer and wine?

Thanks!

At the world class bar you can only get the specialty cocktails on their menu. If you want a glass of wine or a beer you can get those a few steps away at the Cafe.

At the world class bar you can only get the specialty cocktails on their menu. If you want a glass of wine or a beer you can get those a few steps away at the Cafe.

Ok thanks for the info. I don't remember this bar on the Reflection or Connie when we sailed - but it has been 2 years.

Yes having the bottled water (non premium brands) included is a great perk of the Classic beverage package!

I do have a question - are there only special drinks in the World Class Bar or can you get beer and wine?

Thanks!

On my previous Celebrity sailings this was by far the least used bar, never saw it busy.

On my previous Celebrity sailings this was by far the least used bar, never saw it busy.

It has a small but loyal "fan club". The drinks are good but it can take a while to get one because many of them are complicated and take a while to make. Some people can't handle the wait. It's usually busy for about an hour prior to each dining time (5:30 to 6:30 and 7:30 to 8:30). Then it thins out. On our June Equinox cruise it was much busier than I've seen it on other sailings. I think it's main problem is the location. It's almost hidden, I think most people walk right past it and never notice it.

If you like the classic drinks you will like this bar. They take the old classics and put a modern spin on them. The Xacapa old fashoined the JW Citrus Gold, and "the buck stops here are my favorites (I like whiskey). I would head down there before dinner as my wife was getting herself beautified ;p

Thanks so much everyone. I love that you can pay the difference. I really like my wine and often find the better ones are $11 and up, so it will be great to pay the difference on them.

If you like more expensive wines you may wish to purchase the upgrade to Premium. The breakeven glasses of wine per day are:

10 glasses of $10 wine

5 glasses of $11 wine

3 1/3 glasses of $12 wine

2 1/2 glasses of $13 or greater wine (since Premium only covers the first $13 per glass)

Recommend you wait and see what you like at what price and make the decision after you board.

The $55 per person per day covers drinks to the $9 and it will include 18% gratuity automatically. There is a selection of drinks, beer and wine at most bars (except World Class Bar) available in that range. Nothing premium if you like good liquor. Also soda and premium coffees. You can drink as much or as little as you want. No limit when you reach $55. You can order a drink for more and just pay the difference. If you order a $12 dink you will be charged $3 plus gratuity. On the Celebrity web site you can find what is included in the Classic Package. Yes Elite members get free drinks (from a limited menu) between 5-7pm or on some ships get 3 drink coupons per night. As for the dining room, stop at a bar before you go in and get a glass of wine to bring with you.

So you are saying that you can't order a drink from your package in the dining room?

Some bars have different choices. Even day to day, the wine choices might change a little due to "running out". Not all beer choices are in all bars either.

If you like a certain kind of wine, your sommelier in the mdr can recommend something that is available.

So you are saying that you can't order a drink from your package in the dining room?

Of course you can. ;) Anywhere they offer drinks, including the buffet. ( not room service, tho)

Some like to carry one in so they don't have to wait for someone to take and deliver their order at the table.