Excursions on Rerouted Itineraries

HokiePoq

Would appreciate feedback from any who have been on rerouted cruises this fall and others who are on upcoming ones as we are.

There is only ONE excursion total listed for our 11-27 Jade cruise. We booked it.

I hope to use ship's excursions as it is unclear whether we will tender at all the ports or not and it would be simpler in this case. Were excursions available in the new ports?

Do other scheduled cruises have excursions listed on myncl?

Thanks in advance....in the "making the best of it" stage now.

We are on a re-routed cruise in January. Yes, excursions for the new ports are available on the NCL site. I am not sure why it is "unclear" as to whether you will be tendered in unless there are more ships than piered berths or there might be.

Would appreciate feedback from any who have been on rerouted cruises this fall and others who are on upcoming ones as we are.

There is only ONE excursion total listed for our 11-27 Jade cruise. We booked it.

I hope to use ship's excursions as it is unclear whether we will tender at all the ports or not and it would be simpler in this case. Were excursions available in the new ports?

we are leaving Nov 11 and nothing updated yet on my NCL Just one excursion in NYC which is where we are leaving from

We don't have any excursions listed for our 3 new ports on our 11-28-17 Sun cruise, someone from our roll call did state that they had called NCL and they were told excursions may not be available to book until we are onboard the ship.

Thanks so much and also to the other posters who reported their experiences.

We are on a re-routed cruise in January. Yes, excursions for the new ports are available on the NCL site. I am not sure why it is "unclear" as to whether you will be tendered in unless there are more ships than piered berths or there might be.

Perhaps you know where to find this information about tendering versus docking? It is not on my vacation summary/itinerary on myncl. I have seen it on other itineraries in the past but it is not on the one I have right now. We have all new ports. Our two remaining ports were taken away and an all new itinerary created.

Same issue here. Our Dec 3 sailing out of San Juan had two ports replaced and no excursions are showing for the new ports on myNCL for booking. We received the new itinerary two weeks ago and our itinerary has been updated online, just not the excursions.

You need to be aware that all ships tender at Grand Cayman. There are usually plenty of tours available there after you get ashore.

Same issue here. Our Dec 3 sailing out of San Juan had two ports replaced and no excursions are showing for the new ports on myNCL for booking. We received the new itinerary two weeks ago and our itinerary has been updated online, just not the excursions.

I am on this cruise and will take the wait until I am on board to book the excursion.

Observations.

We were rerouted at the last minute and had to book all shoreex on the ship.

NCL does NOT run shore excursions. They buy the services from local tour companies. Pulling your ship into a port requires that contracts be signed with local agents. You have to find companies hat will offer sufficient variety and capacity for your ship.

Our experience is that because of capacity issues, most shoreex sell out quickly, so book quickly.

I am on the 1/6 sailing on the Dawn. I called NCL excursions yesterday to book some for our ports that didn't change. I was told that I could expect to see excursions for the new ports about 6 weeks before sailing (mid November).

Observations.

We were rerouted at the last minute and had to book all shoreex on the ship.

NCL does NOT run shore excursions. They buy the services from local tour companies. Pulling your ship into a port requires that contracts be signed with local agents. You have to find companies hat will offer sufficient variety and capacity for your ship.

Our experience is that because of capacity issues, most shoreex sell out quickly, so book quickly.

Yes, I know they don't run excursions...and concerned as you mentioned about capacity. Since we are last minute additions and only one seems to be available now, it is a worry, especially in a port like Ocho Rios where it is not recommended to pick up an excursion on the dock. Appreciate knowing all the ships in our position have the same situation regarding booking excursions.

Hope someone who has returned can tell us there were excursions indeed available to book onboard.

Just an FYI (I didn't know this until I called today). We had previously booked an excursion through NCL in Nassau.. $234 total and I saw it come off my vacation summary when our itinerary changed, but never saw it refunded to my card. I called today and the person on the phone with the shore excursion department said I had to request a refund - that they just assumed we would book other excursions and use the credit towards that. I didn't realize that so I'm glad I called. They said it should be refunded in 7-10 business days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an FYI (I didn't know this until I called today). We had previously booked an excursion through NCL in Nassau.. $234 total and I saw it come off my vacation summary when our itinerary changed, but never saw it refunded to my card. I called today and the person on the phone with the shore excursion department said I had to request a refund - that they just assumed we would book other excursions and use the credit towards that. I didn't realize that so I'm glad I called. They said it should be refunded in 7-10 business days.

Thanks for the info. I had my TA call about our refund as I didn't want to book new excursions/new $$$ without seeing a credit for the two from canceled ports...either on our credit card or myncl.

Supposedly they were to refund my credit card at the TA's request. We shall see. Meanwhile I booked another one and ran up a charge on the card that is to be credited.

Also on the 11/27 Jade. Booked all our excursions off-ship. What is your hesitancy about doing that?

I usually do a lot of that but the new itinerary has canceled the ones I'd booked for the old itinerary. Folks have recommended ship's excursions for Jamaica for security reasons. That is the main one I'm concerned about. I really want to go to Dunn River Falls. Have a number I could book through TA..have done that in the past, but am not sure about tendering, what dock the Jade will be at, etc. or even if there is more than one docking location as there was in St. Thomas. Those with TA have you going to the provider's location which may or may not be near the dock. Don't want to have to take a cab to get to an excursion.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Are you on roll call Cindy?