Clothes for the PG

mmarche

Good Morning,

My husband and I are sailing on November 11th. We have a full day layover in LA before we depart for Tahiti. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a place to buy summer clothes (Or appropriate clothes to wear on the PG). As we are coming from Canada, so only winter clothes are instock right now.

Thanks.

Morgan

I'm not to sure where in canada your from I live in the surrey area, but I had a lot of experience buying my summer clothes from places like Ross dress for less, Burlington coat factory and marshals. They usually have their summer stuff in the clearance section now. When you get to lax you can try those stores too if your still missing some pieces Good luck and have fun on your cruise. We did the sept cruise and can't wait to go back

I'm from Ontario and I've often gone to Tommy Bahama for a few pieces and The Bay on-line has a lot of selections still and their delivery is very quick. We're going in January so I've been constantly looking.

Hello mmarche, we are also going on the November 11 sailing with an overnight in LAX, flying into Papeete on the 10th with an overnight at IC Tahiti. I think our cruise is sold out and was surprised not to see more postings about our date. Look forward to seeing you there.

Good Morning,

My husband and I are sailing on November 11th. We have a full day layover in LA before we depart for Tahiti. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a place to buy summer clothes (Or appropriate clothes to wear on the PG). As we are coming from Canada, so only winter clothes are instock right now.

Thanks.

Morgan

You are in sunny Southern California ... I would suggest a drive up the coast stopping along the way in Venice, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades and Malibu. Malibu is 25 miles long, take it as far north as Point Dume Beach. Along that stretch of coast line you you will go past several clothing stores filled with solid selections.

Just north of Pepperdine University as you come back along the coast you will come to Malibu Seafood, you can't miss it as there is a cartoon lobster sitting in a lounge chair with a Mai Tai. Great place to eat causally. You don't come to this place for the dinning room, you come for the food ... order Halibut and chips ;)

I'm booked on the November 11 cruise as well, flying out of LAX on the 11:05 pm flight on the 9th and spending the day and night of the 10th at the Intercontinental Tahiti. In addition to taking advantage of having a day in southern CA, you can also find some summer clothes on amazon. I've already bought a few things (Tommy Bahama shirt, reef shoes) through Amazon, and might even buy a few more things over the next week or two. I'm hoping the weather is decent for our cruise, as I hear November is the beginning of rainy season.