Just a few more questions...

Jeffrey1950

Well I'd be surprised if anyone can answer this, as it can often be any on side, port or starboard, It depends on which side the ship approaches the pier. In those Caribbean ports , pier/shoreside is often shared with two ships, one on the right and another on the left.

Well I'd be surprised if anyone can answer this, as it can often be any on side, port or starboard, It depends on which side the ship approaches the pier. In those Caribbean ports , pier/shoreside is often shared with two ships, one on the right and another on the left.

That is what I thought. That is why I said things can change. I guess it is just a waiting game to see. No big deal though, thank you for responding !!

Hi Jeffrey1950

Last November/December QM2 in the Caribbean it was: Starboard, Port, Port, Tender, Port.

This year... who knows :confused:, sorry.

Hope this helps (a little!).

Photos of last year via the link below.

Best wishes and Happy Sailing,

Trying to remember which one (at Christmas) ever docks to starboard - was it St. Maarten?
On my cruise it was.

Often, when there are many ships in port that will all try to leave early evening, or in a popular bay which will be crowded with small boats come evening, I feel they often dock to make the departure as easy and safe as possible with the ship facing towards the open sea.

Or, put another way; It is often easier and far safer to go astern when docking in the quiet morning, rather than go astern in the busy evening.