Pre-buying items on Carnival like wifi and water?

Produce123

I just bought water and the card I used was charged at checkout. I'd rather have the water there since I have to bring juice (my son loves certain juices).

Don't forget that those juices have to be in cans or cartons. You can't carry bottled water (or anything in bottles) on any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Plus, they don't charge the 15% gratuity on the water if you preorder.

I am not if this happens on all pre-orders, but my last order, they added the local state tax to the bill. In FL, it is 7%.

Just saying....:)

I am not if this happens on all pre-orders, but my last order, they added the local state tax to the bill. In FL, it is 7%.

Just saying....:)

Interesting, I have never had to pay sales tax at all for pre-orders (I'm in Ohio). It's like ordering anything online, if you don't live in a state where the company has nexus, you don't pay the sales tax.

Edited by Schoifmom

Interesting, I did not have to pay sales tax at all (I'm in Ohio). It's like ordering anything online, if you don't live in a state where the company has nexus, you don't pay the sales tax.

I was charged tax on our liquor order and I presume it was Florida tax since it was charged before I put in where I live. I don't believe that I was charged tax on my water order but I would have to look.

I pre-purchased a case of water which was paid at time of order and waiting in our cabin. With three ports of call, we didn't need it all. Disappointing to leave most of the sealed bottles behind. Ask yourself whether the the complimentary water correlated to the color of your ship card/level of nights at sea will be sufficient. In our case, it was and I won't bother ordering in future.

I was charged tax on our liquor order and I presume it was Florida tax since it was charged before I put in where I live. I don't believe that I was charged tax on my water order but I would have to look.

I just verified that I was charged 7% tax for Miami for the liquor and I did not pay any tax for the water.

The same was true for us - no tax on water and I believe 15% for Crown (isn't 15% standard room service fee?)

I do this for every cruise - water at least. We also pre-ordered the internet package for our 09/30 Glory cruise. The internet was horrible - we complained and were refunded our money and got free internet which continued to be horrible for the whole week. I couldn't complain then since it was free.

I also ordered 6 gingerale and 6 diet coke. We drank all the g-ale but had 4 diet coke left. I leave what's left of the water and pop - I think I read on cc that the staff can take it - which I hope they can and do.

hello there. I would like to order wifi and water etc online this week for a cruise that happens in late November. Does my credit card attached to my checkin online get charged right away or when my cruise is over?

You pay now.