Quick 3 day cruise??

crazycruzer68

My sister wants to try cruising but is afraid to start on a long one. I thought about taking her on a 3 days the Bahamas, what activities do they have on a 3 day? Anyone have fun times?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't help you with any Fun Times, but I would ask if your sister's personality is well suited to a 3 day? A lot of people try them thinking that they are "starter" cruises and get turned off on cruising because they are more of a booze cruise. Maybe a 5 day would be a little better for her. They typically have people who want to cruise but can't take enough time off work to do a 7 day (I.e., those who can't get more than 1 week off work).

Ditto! The 3-day cruises are usually filled with people who are drinking LOTS. Unless you cruise Disney, and that's a whole different 3-day experience.

My daughter just returned from a 3-day Quinceniera cruise on Royal, and even at 14 she noticed and stated "Oh my gosh--there were so many drunk people on the ship."

CeleBrat

I did a 3 night carnival to Cozumel and agree with the rest of the posters....It was a booze cruise. We had only been on one cruise before that and it was a 7 day princess cruise so we were very surprised at the difference but we had a great time anyway! Everyone was drinking and dancing and it having fun so if you are into that kind of thing it may still be fun. Just remember a lot of the 3 day cruises are on smaller and older ships so they may not be quite as "pretty" or sail as smoothly as some of the newer state of the art ships do.

Another vote for booze cruise. We also have found that to be the case with 4 days, and even some 5's. More so if they are Caribbean as opposed to Canada cruises. A balcony helps if you are looking for relaxation, or perhaps a spa cabin on a ship with a nice spa...

We have done Liberty both 4 and 3 days and didnt find it to be a booze cruise at all. Best of all it is out fitted with most of the good stuff unliike some of the older, smaller ships. Its a beautiful ship with friendly crew. We have another cruise booked on it because we live close and its a wonderful get away option between longer cruises.

I too, would recommend a 4 or 5 day cruise, out of Tampa, or perhaps Port Canaveral. Three day cruises just aren't long enough to get a real feel of cruising. Everything is rushed, and there is very little opportunity to relax, and enjoy the cruise. There are some excellent short cruises, if you are just a bit selective. Good luck, and perhaps I'll see you aboard one of these days.

"SKY"

Thanks for your comments everyone, not worried about it being a booze cruise she will fit right in!!! She's worried about not seeing land and freaking out, I would much rather have 3 days of her panicking than 4 or 5. If anyone has fun times I would love to see them