Veendam power sockets

English_in_Spain

Can anyone tell me what electric sockets are in the cabin - Neptune Suite on Veendam.

We have a lot of things we need to plug in from time to time and, of course, they are European plugs and voltage.

On our last HAL cruise on the Noordam there was one European socket. At that time we did not have so many appliances to charge so we managed. We now have two phones to charge (we will be using these as our cameras), my netbook, two kindles. This is in addition to hair curling tongs.

I know we cannot take a multi socket extension onto the ship and although the ship has them for us to use they will probably all be US sockets.

Any other European/UK people on here who can tell me how they manage.

What HAL objects to is power strips with surge suppressors. If you bring a multi-socket simple extension cord in your carry-on baggage I think it would be allowed.

Also, it is likely that the phone, netbook, and kindle chargers are dual-voltage and all you would need with a HAL-furnished 110v power strip are some simple plug adapters. Check the labels on the chargers.

Edited by catl331

What HAL objects to is power strips with surge suppressors. If you bring a multi-socket simple extension cord in your carry-on baggage I think it would be allowed.

Also, it is likely that the phone, netbook, and kindle chargers are dual-voltage and all you would need with a HAL-furnished 110v power strip are some simple plug adapters. Check the labels on the chargers.

Thanks, I will check my chargers to see if they will work on 110v.

Which of these types of plug would I need?

PS I love the second socket. It looks like an emoticon for surprise - lol

electricity-tiles-type-A-200-px.jpg

electricity-tiles-type-B-200-px.jpg

The power strips would most likely accept either the 2-pin or 3-pin types, but definitely the 2-pin would work.

I thought of another possibility: for 10 to 15 Euro or so, order a 110v multi-USB port charger for the phones from Amazon or similar company.

The power strips would most likely accept either the 2-pin or 3-pin types, but definitely the 2-pin would work.

I thought of another possibility: for 10 to 15 Euro or so, order a 110v multi-USB port charger for the phones from Amazon or similar company.

I looked on Amazon and found a multi USB adapter which will work on US, European or UK sockets so I have ordered one. Apart from travelling it will also be useful at home for all our charging.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

How about bring a few plug adapters ? That is what I do with my U.S. plugs when I go to Europe.

51y2UYcm-DL._SY355_.jpg

Following catl331's advice, this is what I have ordered from Amazon. It has US, UK and European plugs.

This will take care of our phones and kindles. I will bring a couple of adapters for anything else I need to plug in which is dual voltage. Not all of my electrical appliances are dual voltage so, assuming there is a European socket, I will use that.

51y2UYcm-DL._SY355_.jpg

Following catl331's advice, this is what I have ordered from Amazon. It has US, UK and European plugs.

This will take care of our phones and kindles. I will bring a couple of adapters for anything else I need to plug in which is dual voltage. Not all of my electrical appliances are dual voltage so, assuming there is a European socket, I will use that.

Got to look for that! Seems like everything we have now, except for camera battery chargers and our wireless noise canceling headphones, are USB. We’ve got iPhones, iPads, and Fitbits that all require USB so that’s six devices at least.

Got to look for that! Seems like everything we have now, except for camera battery chargers and our wireless noise canceling headphones, are USB. We’ve got iPhones, iPads, and Fitbits that all require USB so that’s six devices at least.

They do a larger one with 6 USB ports. Have a look on Amazon.

Mine is called Penzo-Travel charger reference B06Y2SSKCB but bear in mind I am using Amazon Spain

Got it and they do sell that off of Amazon US. Thanks! Now have to decide about getting one or two. We’re thinking of using them at home too.

Can anyone confirm that there is a European/220v socket in cabins on Veendam?

I can think of at least three readily available 220V sockets. One on the dressing area vanity and at least two out in the main cabin. Probably more but it wasn’t until we started cruising the Med that we actually acquired or started paying attention to dual voltage chargers, curling irons, converters, etc.

Carol - Got the USB chargers today. I’ve already set up my charger station to try it out before our cruise. My plan is to use them full time anyhow as they really save space. Early impression is great product. (y)

Haven't got mine yet - delivery in Spain is always very slow. I won't get it now until at least next Thursday as we are going away for a few days - not a cruise this time.

I am also planning on using mine at home all the time. With two phones and two kindles everything can be charged in one place.

Haven't got mine yet - delivery in Spain is always very slow. I won't get it now until at least next Thursday as we are going away for a few days - not a cruise this time.

I am also planning on using mine at home all the time. With two phones and two kindles everything can be charged in one place.

My wife the engineer is usually a bit ambivalent about my gadgets. When I told her I was ordering these chargers I kind of got that “OK dear, sounds good, whatever” response. She set up her little charging area yesterday evening and she’s already a fan.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from an amazing 18-day Rome to Dubai cruise and loved our USB chargers. Set up two stations using the available 220 outlets and they worked wonderfully. Back home now and one of the first things we did was put our two charging stations back together. Highly recommend these for anybody having a number of USB charging devices like iPads, iPhones, Fitbits, etc. Not only great on a cruise but also for home use.