What is your favorite/least favorite Celebrity show?

tbmrt

We're thinking of spending more time in other locations around the ship on our December 8, 2017 Reflection cruise rather than attending every show as we usually do.

What shows and entertainers are your favorite/least favorite?

Can't remember the name of show on Reflection last year but it was bad. The show had really loud music and the plot was bad too, something about Good vs Evil, we would have walked out but were stuck in the middle of the aisle seats.

Can't remember the name of show on Reflection last year but it was bad. The show had really loud music and the plot was bad too, something about Good vs Evil, we would have walked out but were stuck in the middle of the aisle seats.

All the ones this past August on Reflection were dire. The one you describe sounds like one of them - no idea what the performance was about :confused:.

The show kids work hard in every show. Some show themes are not my cup of tea. I pass on these shows, but always go to the Broadway themed shows. You can always asks the activity staff about the shows on the ship and make your own choice as every show has its good and bad points.

All the new shows are wierd...plots not much to get hold of....but cast works hard to make the best of them,

All the lobby events are not worth it....dancing and prancing..nice costumes, recorded sound tracks.

The Billy Joel tribute performer is excellent!

Every since they started to produce their own production shows, the three on the Silhouette are the worst we've seen in 440 days at sea. The first time we saw them we walked out early on everyone of them. About six months later we tried them again and left 15 minutes after the start of the first one and that was it. The performers work hard but like they say "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

Every since they started to produce their own production shows, the three on the Silhouette are the worst we've seen in 440 days at sea. The first time we saw them we walked out early on everyone of them. About six months later we tried them again and left 15 minutes after the start of the first one and that was it. The performers work hard but like they say "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

I have to agree. My comment above was not directed at the performers, who do work hard, but at the non existent storylines. The shows we saw were a complete mishmash; many pax walked out.

Some of the new shows were cancelled as soon as they appeared. The original Pearl was just, IMHO, awful. A good opening that simply died after the first 10 minutes. No plot and just a string of unrelated songs. They did a major rewrite and improved the production, but I would rate it as improved to "fair". I'm just waiting for Celebrity to announce a new pay for view productions as the current productions cost $$$ and yield no revenue. The emphasis on building the bottom line might lead Celebrity to consider extra charge shows as others have tried.

All of them...

Chandelier, Topper, Life... not one of them was as enjoyable or as memorable as the former Broadway shows.

We enjoy guest entertainers more than any of the in house produced shows not because of the talent but because there is lots to do about nothing.

I think we have watched a few minutes of all the celebrity produced shows. We tend to leave early. I feel sorry for the performers because to paraphrase what Sheldon said to Howard on the big bang theory - you’re good at what you do, it’s just what you do is not worth doing.

After sitting through 10 minutes of “who knows what” at one of the production shows, we left and never went to another show. We prefer the small venues with live music. I feel for the performers but whoever is staging these silly shows needs to be fired.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In general, we no longer even bother with production shows as they are awful - worse than ever. Guest performers vary. Just saw Carole's Kings on Infinity and loathed it - like fingernails on a blackboard with their silly shtick. And if I see one more person hanging from a swatch of silk I may just jump overboard!! But we have seen other performers that were just great like Savannah Jack. Jane Curry is also amazing. Sorry, can't recall all the names. The nice part is you didn't pay extra so if you don't like an act or show you can just walk out (which we have done for some of the production shows when we used to still try them). Ok, I guess since it's factored into the cruise fare in a sense you are paying, but just go to a bar somewhere and enjoy something else you are paying for:)

I was a voice major in college and I worked with youth in a music and drama group for 25 years (which makes me a wee bit of a decent critic) and I know several "kids" who have degrees from fine universities in performing arts and they are really really talented. One was offered a 6 month gig on a cruise ship (I think one of the big RCCL mega ships) and turned it down for a month gig in a Pittsburgh theatre. Better for her career. I've been in the passenger choir a few times when it's offered and have had conversations with the vocal teams on board, and for the majority they are vocal performance majors, they really are fine singers. Here's my take on the ship's production shows: I think the singers and dancers are really talented but they don't get to do their own choreography or music - they only can do what they're hired to do. And very often the really really good ones are pursuing different careers. We do not like the new shows, particularly Chandelier and Topper. I do like the production shows but we've given them a pass of late. We usually pass on the magicians and the jugglers, but we do like the tribute bands and the individual musicians. I wish they had a play on one night. I wish there were more comedians late at night, and not just the same one repeated.

However, we do find other things to do in the evenings if we don't go to the show. I think a piano bar would be a great idea - hope it's something offered on Edge.

We will soon be going back to a Celebrity cruise (21 days on the Reflection) which will likely be our last Celebrity cruise for the foreseeable future (and we are Elite Plus folks who cruise 70-100 days a year). The production shows are only a small part of our problems with Celebrity...but they are part of the problem. We agree with all the others about Topper and Chandelier (possibly the worst show we have seen in the past 25 years). If either of these are still on the Reflection we will let our a scream and perhaps watch a sales person (in one of the shops) try to sell jewelry to a naive purchaser (better entertainment then the shows). Or perhaps we will listen to one of the faux art experts tell us why we should buy a a near worthless glycee for a thousand bucks (the art folks are sometimes the best comedy show on Celebrity).

HAL is in the process of starting what they call "Exp" cruises which are supposed to be more in-depth on certain regions of the world (where they are cruising). Our understanding is that HAL is not going to have any production shows (or even a production team) on those cruises...and will replace the shows with lectures and local guest entertainment. When we heard about this concept our reaction was, what....no production show! And we quickly signed up for one of those cruises.

For those that loved the old Broadway/Movie based shows I would only offer this comment. We cruise a lot on a lot of cruise lines...and they all did that old format with the typical Broadway/Movie music. On one cruise we remember hearing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" performed more then 6 times on a cruise (by both production shows and Guest entertainers). So we do give Celebrity some credit for trying to develop some innovative shows! That being said, one can be both innovative and good! Celebrity missed the mark!

Hank

I understand you are not a loyal Celebrity cruiser, so I'm not sure it will matter in any way, shape or form, but you might consider writing a letter to Celebrity including your comments given above. I have written in the past and have found that changes were made that were expressed in my letters. Surely, I wasn't the only one to write for the changes to happen.

I am encouraging all Celebrity cruisers with comments to write to Celebrity, not just include your comments in reviews and conversations with fellow passengers and crew. Emails are fine, but people that take their time to write an actual letter seem to carry more weight with their suggestions.

I have traditionally loved the theatre shows held each evening. That changed a couple of years ago.

I really appreciate great singers matched to great music. However, it seems the singers aren't chosen to match the music or they are horrible at a lip sync. Nothing against the odd lip sync in case they aren't feeling well or their vocal isn't strong that night.

Trouble is I haven't seen an amazing show in years. I will say the Celebrity rythmic gymnastics artists are pretty amazing.

From now on...I will look for an aisle seat in case I choose.to leave.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app