I've decided I want a balcony cabin, do I have to cancel my current reservation?

justhappy

It's not yet final payment date yet, I want to go from my current inside to a balcony. Can I just pay the difference or will I have to cancel and rebook? Also they are now offering OBC, my original reservation didn't have that. Will I need to cancel and rebook to receive that?

It's not yet final payment date yet, I want to go from my current inside to a balcony. Can I just pay the difference or will I have to cancel and rebook? Also they are now offering OBC, my original reservation didn't have that. Will I need to cancel and rebook to receive that?

No need to cancel and rebook. Just call your TA, or the NCL 800# if you booked direct and they will handle it. This happens all the time and is not a big deal at all.

Thanks to all that answered. I did book direct with NCL, but now I'm wondering if I'll be better off money wise to wait till after final payment and see if the price drops. Even though I wouldn't get OBC, the difference in price might be lower. It's an eastern Caribbean cruise that's been changed to Grand Cayman, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay in late January.

I know it's a gamble, and I don't want to do the upgrade bidding since I want to be able to pick a cabin to stay near friends we are traveling with. It's their first time with NCL.

Thanks to all that answered. I did book direct with NCL, but now I'm wondering if I'll be better off money wise to wait till after final payment and see if the price drops. Even though I wouldn't get OBC, the difference in price might be lower. It's an eastern Caribbean cruise that's been changed to Grand Cayman, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay in late January.

I know it's a gamble, and I don't want to do the upgrade bidding since I want to be able to pick a cabin to stay near friends we are traveling with. It's their first time with NCL.

Why don't you just call NCL - there's no penalty to ask.

Don't count on prices dropping after final payment. It occasionally happens, but they are just as likely to continue to climb as they are to drop.

As above....call and ask. They may accommodate you, if there are any complications or uncertainties then just cancel and re-book at that time.

We are booked in a spa Mini-suite for a Christmas cruise. After final payment, this cat cabin is now available for $1,060 less for new bookings. There seems to be a large number of M9 cabins available. NCL is sticking to their policy of no changes without cancellation fee of total amount of first cruise. One would think they NCL would prefer to keep customers coming back rather than alienating them.

We are booked in a spa Mini-suite for a Christmas cruise. After final payment, this cat cabin is now available for $1,060 less for new bookings. There seems to be a large number of M9 cabins available. NCL is sticking to their policy of no changes without cancellation fee of total amount of first cruise. One would think they NCL would prefer to keep customers coming back rather than alienating them.

So many people think that after final payment they are simply going to pay the difference based on the new booking price... NOT the way it really works. They will roll penalties into the price of your upgrade. It does kind of suck, but I can understand their logic for doing it that way.