Lost Luggage on the Dream June 25, 2017

Hollydugg

I was on the Dream on June 25, 2017 and when I debarked my luggage was not there. I have posted everywhere I can think of and someone mentioned this page to me. I have filed a claim with Carnival. I'm just putting this out here in case anyone knows of something. Also, can someone help me to find the roll call page for this cruise? I've tried but can't find any for cruises that have happened already. Thanks!!!

Not a direct answer but check with your homeowners insurance. You may have some coverage you don't know about. OR did you have cruise insurance?

I will check with my homeowners insurance. I didn't have the travelers insurance as I did not pay for the trip it was a present to me and sadly the person who bought it didn't purchase it

Wouldnt Carnival be responsible for the lost luggage?

I filed a lost luggage claim with Carnival and the lady handling my claim was very nice. Unfortunately not having travelers insurance there is not much they can do for me unless my luggage is found

I filed a lost luggage claim with Carnival and the lady handling my claim was very nice. Unfortunately not having travelers insurance there is not much they can do for me unless my luggage is found

Since it was under their care why are they not responsible if luggage is not found?

Usually people take others luggage that looks like theirs by accident. Do you know if another claim was put in? Someone's luggage should have been left over and it would be quite easy to trade.

Very odd that no luggage was left, as they would have yours. So sorry this happened to you.

With all the look-alike luggage we worried about this happening so I ended up getting a big, wide roll of brightly colored ribbon at the craft store and tied matching BIG bows on the handles of all our luggage. If someone walks off with a piece of ours ... it would have to be deliberate. BTW the porters love the big bright bows - they can quickly round up our bags in the terminal.

I was on the Dream on June 25, 2017 and when I debarked my luggage was not there. I have posted everywhere I can think of and someone mentioned this page to me. I have filed a claim with Carnival. I'm just putting this out here in case anyone knows of something. Also, can someone help me to find the roll call page for this cruise? I've tried but can't find any for cruises that have happened already. Thanks!!!

Someone probably took by mistake and your only hope is the person calls Carnival to return it.

Wouldnt Carnival be responsible for the lost luggage?

Yes they SHOULD but its been over 3 months and no response. Same thing I got when they destroyed a brand new piece of luggage. There were tire tracks on mine and they denied they did it when it was still in the debarkation area with all the other luggage. The entire frame was smashed. I now carry my own off the ship. The OP will more than likely not hear from them again. I #1 filled out the paperwork at the pier #2 waited a month then #3 called them, #4 called again, #5 called again, #6 wrote another letter #7 filled out another claim form.....yadda, yadda, yadda. It went on for 6 months and I finally gave up. I didn't look into my homeowners since it was just the luggage. I had all my clothes. Good luck to the OP

Someone probably took by mistake and your only hope is the person calls Carnival to return it.

It's been nearly 4 months. No one is going to return it. Hell it could still be sitting on the back of baggage claim. Thats where one of mine was. We were the last people out of the baggage area and they said there was no more luggage. All had been claimed. I showed them the picture of my bright pink suitcase on my phone. They looked again and found nothing. Finally my husband forced his way into the back and there it was sitting all by itself in plain sight. Makes me wonder about theft at the docks. Our next cruise is when that pink suitcase had tire marks and was destroyed. I buy brightly colored pieces so no one can mistake mine. We travel probably 6 or 7 times a year and have no trouble since then. But we also now carry our own off the ship.

It's been nearly 4 months. No one is going to return it. Hell it could still be sitting on the back of baggage claim. Thats where one of mine was. We were the last people out of the baggage area and they said there was no more luggage. All had been claimed. I showed them the picture of my bright pink suitcase on my phone. They looked again and found nothing. Finally my husband forced his way into the back and there it was sitting all by itself in plain sight. Makes me wonder about theft at the docks. Our next cruise is when that pink suitcase had tire marks and was destroyed. I buy brightly colored pieces so no one can mistake mine. We travel probably 6 or 7 times a year and have no trouble since then. But we also now carry our own off the ship.

How terrible that they would just lie to you about no luggage being back there. Several pieces of luggage have been destroyed by Carnival over the years and they have given us some money back. Since than we pay cheap rolling duffels and they have worked for us.

You will get nowhere and nothing from Carnival. They will tell you they are not responsible. My luggage was missing a gallon ziploc bag of exercise shorts when I got my bag back upon embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. There was a note in the bag telling me they had searched my bag, but nothing was found. I filed a claim immediately. The desk agent was rude and insinuated I was lying. Meanwhile, I went the whole cruise with nothing to use for the fitness center, and no coverups for my swimsuits. Pretty much had to wear dress, pants, or swim suit. When we got back home, I went straight to my bedroom to see if the Carnival Wisdom was correct, that I *must have forgotten to pack the ziploc bag in the first place.* Nowhere to be found. I knew I'd packed it anyway. Later received a letter to tell me they are sorry I misplaced my items, or some such silliness.

How terrible that they would just lie to you about no luggage being back there. Several pieces of luggage have been destroyed by Carnival over the years and they have given us some money back. Since than we pay cheap rolling duffels and they have worked for us.

The staff where you claim your luggage are not carnival employees they are dockworkers. And I also now buy cheap and brightly colored luggage. I have a bright orange one now there's no mistaking that when it comes around a carousel at the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The staff where you claim your luggage are not carnival employees they are dockworkers. And I also now buy cheap and brightly colored luggage. I have a bright orange one now there's no mistaking that when it comes around a carousel at the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rather annoying you trust your stuff to a company and someone somewhere took it and there is noone to take responsibility.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. What a bummer.

You might find this helpful:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2564/~/damaged-or-lost-luggage

Usually people take others luggage that looks like theirs by accident. Do you know if another claim was put in? Someone's luggage should have been left over and it would be quite easy to trade.

Very odd that no luggage was left, as they would have yours. So sorry this happened to you.

They lady at Carnival has been very helpful and looked to see if someone had a claim too. I know it was taken by accident just would be nice if they were honest people to give me my stuff back. I would even pay for postage

With all the look-alike luggage we worried about this happening so I ended up getting a big, wide roll of brightly colored ribbon at the craft store and tied matching BIG bows on the handles of all our luggage. If someone walks off with a piece of ours ... it would have to be deliberate. BTW the porters love the big bright bows - they can quickly round up our bags in the terminal.

This was suggested to me after my luggage was lost. Next time I will put bright ribbon on it and take it off the ship myself!!!

They lady at Carnival did tell me that it could take a couple of years to get it back if I get it back at all. All my cruises from now on I'm carrying my own luggage off!!!

You will get nowhere and nothing from Carnival. They will tell you they are not responsible. My luggage was missing a gallon ziploc bag of exercise shorts when I got my bag back upon embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. There was a note in the bag telling me they had searched my bag, but nothing was found. I filed a claim immediately. The desk agent was rude and insinuated I was lying. Meanwhile, I went the whole cruise with nothing to use for the fitness center, and no coverups for my swimsuits. Pretty much had to wear dress, pants, or swim suit. When we got back home, I went straight to my bedroom to see if the Carnival Wisdom was correct, that I *must have forgotten to pack the ziploc bag in the first place.* Nowhere to be found. I knew I'd packed it anyway. Later received a letter to tell me they are sorry I misplaced my items, or some such silliness.

Sorry for your loss but you are right I got nowhere with carnival!!