Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

Yes, Princess allows door signs, I did on my last cruise. I am bringing a cactus to put on the door for my cruise in 2 weeks. I live in AZ so I thought the cactus is appropriate. Go to the party store or a Michaels/Jo Ann's craft store to get ideas of what you want to do for your door. Make it fun.

are the doors magnetic so you can jus slap up a magnetic graphic or do items have to be taped?

Does carnival allow it?

Usually they are magnetic so magnets will work. They can be taped too. When you see door signs, they're usually fun to look at! I've seen them on every cruise I've been on...Disney, Princess, Carnival, Holland America and Royal Caribbean.

We have a door sign on most cruises and have had everything from shiny (flat) palm tree or tropical fish to a “Congrats Graduate” for our son’s grad cruise. For our 28th anniversary we picked up a “just married “sign at the party shop and wrote “28 years ago today” on it. We had a small group last year and bought some “the party starts here” banners for each door.

Just run though the isles of your local party store for great ideas.

M

I've found some cute signs at the dollar store. Since I had booked my cruise early, I was able to find some tropical themed things (including hats and leis) for our decorations.

-----

Navigatior of the Seas 5/8/06

Carnival Inspiration 11/06

Carnival Liberty 10/13/07

I have made up signs for our door with our Flag on it. Ours has the Canadian flag on it & my parents has the Danish flag. I also have all the names we go by.. ie 1st Names...Grampa & Grandma, Mom & Dad... etc.

It is kinda neat to see it on the doors & most people stop & read it. My parents go by the Danish "Grandma & Grampa" which is "Mormor & Morfar" & "Oldemor & Oldefar" which is the terms for Great Grandparents.....so we get asked what it all means. It is a fun way to meet your neighbors.

When our BIL & SIL cruised with us.. I put "future Grandparents" on their sign....we had them concerned as none of their children we even in relationships at that time & they were worried that we knew something they didn't!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be decorating our door with Colorado Rockies stuff to show our support. Since we leave on day 4 of the World Series, I'm hoping they will turn things around from the first 2 games! But regardless, at the very least, they will still be the National League Champs!!

GO ROCKIES!!

• 1 month later...
Actually they are metal so your magnets will stick!!:)

LOLOLOL! :D Loved the piccie you chose.

I will have 3 cabins on an Alaska cruise with adult kids and their spouses and this thread has given me some great ideas!

Thanks everyone!

Winnie <-----> off to find some great signs for cabins

• 1 month later...

Why not put up a large sheet of blank paper with a message reading "For everyone onboard - Please sign your name and where you live" Then at the end of the cruise, you'll have a one of a kind souvenir. You could even ask for their email address if you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually make a sign with our Last name on it and where we are from. Since my hometown is called the Cowboy Capitol of the World, I try to get something cowboy related. When my kids are with us, it really helps them spot our room sooner. I think door signs show your personality!!!:D

Stolen from another poster........

Try your local hardware store. They have 3" and 4" wide rolls of yellow or red plastic tape with things like "DANGER", "CAUTION" and "CONSTRUCTION ZONE" on them. If you know someone in law enforcement. you can get a roll of tape from them of "DO NOT CROSS - CRIME SCENE".

You can take the tape and wrap it around the door, taping the ends together inside.