Laundry Services on Costa

Shetlander

I'm thinking about taking a Costa cruise for the first time and was wondering about options for laundry. In the past we have used the all-inclusive laundry option on HAL and just wondering what the options are on Costa as I haven't managed to find a pricelist online. Thanks!

Costa has a laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service, two turn around, if required same day then 50% surcharge. Shirt used to be €3.50.

Costa also has wha it calls "Magic Bag", 25 pieces for €19.99, this used to be offered towards the end of a cruise, on a particular day. Last year this service could also be booked online for a certain date (or dates). I do not know if this was available for all cabin categories or if it is still available.

Costa has a laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service, two turn around, if required same day then 50% surcharge. Shirt used to be €3.50.

Costa also has wha it calls "Magic Bag", 25 pieces for €19.99, this used to be offered towards the end of a cruise, on a particular day. Last year this service could also be booked online for a certain date (or dates). I do not know if this was available for all cabin categories or if it is still available.

Thanks. The "Magic Bag" seems like good value - do you know if you can also book it on board or if it has to be booked online in advance of departure?

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
The magic bag can’t be booked

The cabin steward places it on your bed a few days into the cruise

Caryl ( a Shetlander) :cool:

Just spotted your post. We're now back from our cruise and we did in fact book it before we sailed. It came up as one of the options on the cruise personaliser, although I can't remember whereabouts! We were told to simply use one of the normal laundry bags and write in "Magic Bag". This we did and everything came back the next day together with a letter inviting us to take another "Magic Laundry bag" which we did! Great value in my opinion.

Just spotted your post. We're now back from our cruise and we did in fact book it before we sailed. It came up as one of the options on the cruise personaliser, although I can't remember whereabouts! We were told to simply use one of the normal laundry bags and write in "Magic Bag". This we did and everything came back the next day together with a letter inviting us to take another "Magic Laundry bag" which we did! Great value in my opinion.

We travel Int`l with 22" bags and backpacks. We`ll be spending a few days in Venice before boarding. It`s essential that we get laundry done 2nd or 3rd day. Did you do that and how long till you got it back. On the Costa Site, it says "The Magic Bag" is available a couple of days before "end of cruise" Really need to know this one. All other Europe cruise lines, it was mid cruise which worked out perfect!

Thanks in advance!

Every time we have had the magic bag it has been at the end of cruise. Our last cruise left it to the 2nd last day which was good for getting most of your clothes washed but we were hoping it came back on time. Our cabin steward went to the laundry for us at lunchtime on the last day when we asked him when we would get it.

Caryl

We travel Int`l with 22" bags and backpacks. We`ll be spending a few days in Venice before boarding. It`s essential that we get laundry done 2nd or 3rd day. Did you do that and how long till you got it back. On the Costa Site, it says "The Magic Bag" is available a couple of days before "end of cruise" Really need to know this one. All other Europe cruise lines, it was mid cruise which worked out perfect!

Thanks in advance!

Hi

It was one of the items you could purchased on the cruise personaliser and you could select it for any day of the cruise. We selected it for the second day. As this was our first cruise with Costa once we boarded we asked how this worked and whether we would receive a special bag. We were told to just use the normal laundry bag and write in "Magic Bag".

We left it in the cabin when we went to dinner on the 2nd night and it was returned the next day.

There was a letter inviting us to use the service again. This we did a few days later and again our clothes came back the next day.

This was our only experience of Costa but it worked fine for us.

Fantastic value and I’m glad you could pre book. Sorry for wrong info, but I have never had an opportunity to pre book this before

How was your cruise? Hope you enjoyed it

Caryl

No worries. We have used HAL's unlimited laundry in the past and this worked out just as convenient.

This was our first cruise with Costa and we had a great time. The food was great and most port stops were quite short which worked well for a 7 night cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We travelled transatlantic on the Pacifica in April and booked the Magic Bag for a date about halfway through. The cabin steward told us that we could have it done at any time during the cruise and that there would be a second opportunity towards the end. It was a good service.

It is a really good service and they make such a nice job of the ironing.

It’s so much easier to pack the small pile of ironed clothes than a bundle of dirty clothes.

Caryl

Do they actually iron it? I haven't used it as thought it was just wash and fold.

On Carnival wash and fold is all washed in hot water so I don't send anything special.

• 4 weeks later...
Do they actually iron it?

Yes Mariann, the do iron, I use the Magic Bags during longer sailings. The only limitation is that they only do washing, ironing and folding, but no dry cleaning or something else within the Magic Bag. Such a service you can order by piece only. Done this with a silk waistcoat after I decorated it with sauce and they did a good job. The price was different of course, but not to bad at all.

Yes Mariann, the do iron, I use the Magic Bags during longer sailings. The only limitation is that they only do washing, ironing and folding, but no dry cleaning or something else within the Magic Bag. Such a service you can order by piece only. Done this with a silk waistcoat after I decorated it with sauce and they did a good job. The price was different of course, but not to bad at all.

Thanks for that info Stefan. Plan to use the Magic Bag next time.:cool:

• 7 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, TNCruzer56 said:

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am going on the Venezia on 8th March from Trieste. I have already pre-booked two magic bags as you can book particular days on the My Costa site in  COMFORTS, ENTERTAINMENT AND SERVICES. 

Jeanette

Edited by jcw911
Spelling errors