Sir Bani Yas Island

suron

We are on MSC Fantasia 17th Dec and will be calling at Sir Bani Yas Island. I am aware that this is a new port of call for cruise ships although it would seem that Seabourn and Island have already had visits to the island.

There is very little information available on the MSC website and it would seem there is no opportunity to arrange one's own excursions (As advised by the islands information link) so it seems you are facing expensive shore excursions!

If there is anyone who may have visited the island with on Seabourn or Island could you please let me know what you did at this port of call. Grandsons are keen to do the jeep safari - is this worthwhile?

Any tips/information would be most welcome

Suron (Bristol,UK)

• 2 weeks later...

We have taken the decision to go ahead and book for the Jeep Safari whilst visiting Sir Bani Yas Island when our cruise docks there on 22nd December 2016.

There are, we felt, very few options for the kind of things we would want to do and the other excursions on offer did not appeal. The Jeep Safari is a very short tour but hopefully when this is over we will have access to other places on the island to enjoy.

If any of you have other suggestions for this port of call I would be very grateful.

Suzanne

• 2 months later...

We'll also be on the MSC Fantasia in March 2017 for its last one week cruise of the Persian Gulf followed by the repositioning cruise from Dubai to Genoa. With this B2B we'll have two stops at Sir Bani Yas in which we'll probably dedicate to beach time. We'll be in Yacht Club so as I understand it we'll have a separate area there with VIP treatment.

Unfortunately Suron, we'll have to wait for reports of the first cruisers to visit this island resort. Besides MSC, also Costa will be have port calls there but on a different day. I think the various cruise lines each have a specific day to have the resort for themselves.

We'll also be on the MSC Fantasia in March 2017 for its last one week cruise of the Persian Gulf followed by the repositioning cruise from Dubai to Genoa. With this B2B we'll have two stops at Sir Bani Yas in which we'll probably dedicate to beach time. We'll be in Yacht Club so as I understand it we'll have a separate area there with VIP treatment.

Unfortunately Suron, we'll have to wait for reports of the first cruisers to visit this island resort. Besides MSC, also Costa will be have port calls there but on a different day. I think the various cruise lines each have a specific day to have the resort for themselves.[/quote

Yes, we will I agree have to wait for reports to come back from the first cruisers to Sir Bani Yas Island. During a conversation with MSC UK earlier this week I was told that, as you suspect, various cruise lines will have a dedicated day for visiting the island (Costa and Thomson will also be having this as a port of call). As no private excursions can be arranged unless you are actually staying at the hotel resort we will have to book things through MSC but I was told that the islands facilities are available to all - no mention was made as to what the various charges might be. It is a case of watch this space!

Paid our final balance today for our Dec 17th cruise on Fantasia so the countdown now begins - I fly out on 7th Dec to start a five week stay with son and his family and am looking forward to escaping the wintery weather here. It was 38C in Dubai yesterday - a bit better than the soaring heat I had there in June (48C on several days!)

Good Luck with your plans

Suzanne

Hi all, On our March cruise we call in at sir bani yas island and we have been able to book an excursion through the cruise site.I am posting what was available and prices in case anyone's interested. I suspect different cruise lines will have differing prices and excursions.

safari adventure, 1.5 hours, 52€

kayak in the mangroves, 1 hour, 39.95€

Dhow cruise,1.5 hours, 44€

snorkel on the beach, 1.5 hours. 44€

Not a lot of choice really, i guess most people will be happy to do beach stuff.

We're going on the safari. Hope this is useful. Happy cruising. :)

• 1 month later...

My family and I are on the 17th Dec MSC Fantasia cruise. We have booked the jeep safari at Sir Bani Yas Island.

I had to contact MSC regarding a query and the lady I spoke to told me she had recently done the jeep safari and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Just thought I would post this for anyone who has booked this tour.

Suzanne

Hi redlondon

Yes, according to this article on the MSC website the drinks packages will be in use on the island:

In true MSC Cruises style, on the island guests will be able to enjoy a selection of fresh and authentic food options, with a range of cooking stations serving small delights from the region as well as international favourites. Guests can also expect to see beachside charcoal BBQs serving light dishes and snacks, and exotic cocktails served from one of six beach bars. Ship food and drink services, such as the Allegrissimo drinks package, extend onto the island to ensure that the guest experience between the ship and the island is completely seamless.

Rest of article can be found on this link:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/About-MSC/News/Sir-Bani-Yas.aspx

Sound wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi redlondon

Yes, according to this article on the MSC website the drinks packages will be in use on the island:

Rest of article can be found on this link:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/About-MSC/News/Sir-Bani-Yas.aspx

Sound wonderful!

Thanks Vino123 :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi

We really enjoyed our day on Sir Bani Yas. The only rocky bit I noticed was when walking into the sea. The sand is lovely.

fe58c18d8fa453601c60808c10b6a99b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Forums mobile app

Was there much travelling involved? Those ships look a long way out if tendering and if that was the case how far was the beach from the tender drop off point?