Visas for Americans traveling to Jordan and Oman and Dubai.

zwho

I am going on a MSC cruise this November. One of our ports is Petra, then 3 stops in Oman and disembark in Dubai and will stay a few days. I'm very confused as to what I need to do. Should I get Visas for Jordan and UAE before I leave or can I do it when we dock? Also, do I need 1 for Oman? And my last question is, if I need to get them before I leave what is the easiest and least expensive way to get them? Thank you in advance. Mary

Oman has introduced an e-visa system earlier this year. For arrival into the country by air you need to apply via the website of the Royal Oman Police. Be prepared to upload scans of your passport and passport photos. Cost around 15 OMR.

THAT said, it is normal for passernges arriving and leaving by cruise ship to get special free entry permits for the day. That's usually handled by the cruise lines prior to arrival. Several friends did this.

For the UAE you get visas on arrival.

I am going on a MSC cruise this November. One of our ports is Petra, then 3 stops in Oman and disembark in Dubai and will stay a few days. I'm very confused as to what I need to do. Should I get Visas for Jordan and UAE before I leave or can I do it when we dock? Also, do I need 1 for Oman? And my last question is, if I need to get them before I leave what is the easiest and least expensive way to get them? Thank you in advance. Mary

You do not need to get visas in advance for any of those countries as US nationals are elegible for visa on arrival in all of them, and this is usually handled onboard the ship by the cruise line... MSC have been doing cruises to and within the Middle East for several years now so there should be plenty of info available on the MSC board. With regard to staying in the UAE post cruise, the visit visa granted on arrival is valid for stays up to 30 days.

Anne

Oman has introduced an e-visa system earlier this year. For arrival into the country by air you need to apply via the website of the Royal Oman Police. Be prepared to upload scans of your passport and passport photos. Cost around 15 OMR.

THAT said, it is normal for passernges arriving and leaving by cruise ship to get special free entry permits for the day. That's usually handled by the cruise lines prior to arrival. Several friends did this.

For the UAE you get visas on arrival.

Cruise ships are an exception to the e-visa requirement and entry permits are still granted on arrival, processed onboard the respective ship as they were prior to the introduction of the online e-visas... That was certainly the case in May this year when friends had port calls in Muscat and Salalah on a cruise from Dubai to Rome...

Anne