Should I consider a golf themed cruise as a non-golfer?

ewlj

We're considering a particular Asian cruise next year, however I found out it's a 'Golf Theme' cruise. We are not golfers and I've read that theme cruises are not advisable if you aren't part of the theme (i.e. Knitters, yoga, gay, wine, etc.) Has anyone done a golf theme cruise who is not a golfer? Would you not recommend it for any reason? Thank you.

Which cruise are you considering? We were part of a golf cruise last year (my husband golfs, I don't), and are taking another one in April (both on Azamara). The majority of passengers weren't part of the golfing group, and I think with the exception of a British Open cruise, the number is quite small. For example, our cruise next month only has 25 golfers, and ship capacity is 690. I think you'd be fine.

• 4 months later...
We're considering a particular Asian cruise next year, however I found out it's a 'Golf Theme' cruise. We are not golfers and I've read that theme cruises are not advisable if you aren't part of the theme (i.e. Knitters, yoga, gay, wine, etc.) Has anyone done a golf theme cruise who is not a golfer? Would you not recommend it for any reason? Thank you.

All ‘golftheme cruises’ welcome non-golfing travel companions. An exception to the rule issmall ship and river boat ‘golf theme cruise’ charters.