twizzy tours

pattyk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got back from Bonaire and we had a group of 10 do the Twizzy Tour. All 10 of us LOVED it! And nowhere else in the Caribbean can you do this!

They are small, two-seater, electric cars. They go up to 60 mph and are SO FUN to drive!!! We paid $55 per person and all think this tour was the best money spent throughout the cruise!

Hans, the owner/operator, was an awesome tour guide. Very informative! He's straight from Germany, so his English isn't perfect, but he's totally understandable.

We had plenty of stops for pictures, we stopped at a local distillery for some cactus liquor tasting, we stopped at the flamingo sanctuary in the National Park, and we stopped at the Eden/Spice Beach Club at the end for some AWESOME snorkeling and swimming. Delicious food and a full bar were available for lunch too!

10835023_382051055302988_5075852435554317320_o.jpg

I just got back from Bonaire and we had a group of 10 do the Twizzy Tour. All 10 of us LOVED it! And nowhere else in the Caribbean can you do this!

They are small, two-seater, electric cars. They go up to 60 mph and are SO FUN to drive!!! We paid $55 per person and all think this tour was the best money spent throughout the cruise!

Hans, the owner/operator, was an awesome tour guide. Very informative! He's straight from Germany, so his English isn't perfect, but he's totally understandable.

We had plenty of stops for pictures, we stopped at a local distillery for some cactus liquor tasting, we stopped at the flamingo sanctuary in the National Park, and we stopped at the Eden/Spice Beach Club at the end for some AWESOME snorkeling and swimming. Delicious food and a full bar were available for lunch too!

Thanks for posting .. we have it booked for April and I am really looking forward to it.. its our only booked excursion. I saw this picture on his facebook page and was hoping someone who had been on would come and comment here. Glad to hear it was fun and worth the money. For what he described and the length of time compared to ship excursions it does seem like you get more for your money- and a small group! :D

This does sound like fun! Is there much room inside - like for someone tall or someone overweight? Are the seats one in front of the other? If so can the person in back see very much? I didn't find any helpful pictures on the website.

Thanks, Sherry

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the seats are one in front of the other. Tall people are OK. Overweight may be a problem, depending on HOW overweight. You can see in the photo we're all pretty much "overweight" but we all did fine in the Twizzy's.

Here is a photo of my husband in the back seat. He's about 5' 10" and 200 lbs:

photo.php?fbid=10155289795350651&set=p.10155289795350651&type=1&theater

And my brother and his wife. She is about 5' 10" as well:

photo.php?fbid=10155289802150651&set=p.10155289802150651&type=1&theater

Back seat can also see well, and gets a much better breeze! Front has less breeze blowing and gets a little warmer.

Edited by Reenwad

• 3 weeks later...

Do you pay in advance? All I saw online was an e-mail contact, but wondered about payment and possible refunds if we miss the island. Thanks, We are on the Journeys cruise on Glory and there are so many ports, trying to pick the best excursions.

They look like fun. Wee have just booked them for our Pride cruise in January 2016. What. Beach did you go to at the end of the tour.m It was $75 for the driver and $35 for the second adult. Thanks for the suggestion. I had never heard of this tour before ou posted?

You were able to book the 4-5 hour tour for $110 per couple they have advertised on their website? We have emailed them twice but they said they do not offer the 4-5 hour tour to cruise ship passengers unless it is within a month or two of sailing. They are only offering an 8 hour combo van/Twizy tour for $90pp that is not even listed on their website.

Thanks

You were able to book the 4-5 hour tour for $110 per couple they have advertised on their website? We have emailed them twice but they said they do not offer the 4-5 hour tour to cruise ship passengers unless it is within a month or two of sailing. They are only offering an 8 hour combo van/Twizy tour for $90pp that is not even listed on their website.

Thanks

Cool Breeze Cruiser, I just noticed we are on the same cruise. I sent an e-mail just now and will let you know what I get as a response. As of now we are the only ship in port that day so I hope we can reserve one of the 10 cars.

Cool Breeze Cruiser, I just noticed we are on the same cruise. I sent an e-mail just now and will let you know what I get as a response. As of now we are the only ship in port that day so I hope we can reserve one of the 10 cars.

Thanks. We have sent them several emails over the last month or so but they keep telling us they are only offering the 8 hour tour for cruise ship passengers & I don't think we are interested in that. I think there are 8 of us in our group interested in the 4-5 hour tour if they offer it.

Thanks. We have sent them several emails over the last month or so but they keep telling us they are only offering the 8 hour tour for cruise ship passengers & I don't think we are interested in that. I think there are 8 of us in our group interested in the 4-5 hour tour if they offer it.

Well, even though we are in port long enough for the 8-hour tour, that's more time than I want to spend on just that. Maybe if he sees the response to the shorter tour he will offer that to Glory pax. Here's hoping!:D

Are you on the CC roll call or the other one? I usually do CC, but so far I've just lurked. I joined the other one and though it is not real active(yet) there are about 76 members.

Cool Breeze Cruiser, Got an e-mail from Hans and he only mentioned the longer tour. :mad: I think he should take down the shorter one if he isn't offering it. I wrote back that we weren't interested in snorkeling or a long stay at the beach and that we wanted the four hour trip that toured the island. If it was offered, I said, we'd consider it.

Now I'm looking at bonaire vista tours dot com. No cute little cars, but it's a three-hour tour for $35 per person. I think it's limited to 15 pax

The tour site mentions that an "average" adult fits in the back seat, what about the larger than average adult? Since you've been in one of the vehicles, in your opinion do you think someone who is overweight (approximately 240 lb man) will be able to do this tour? Thank you :)

Cool Breeze Cruiser, Got an e-mail from Hans and he only mentioned the longer tour. :mad: I think he should take down the shorter one if he isn't offering it. I wrote back that we weren't interested in snorkeling or a long stay at the beach and that we wanted the four hour trip that toured the island. If it was offered, I said, we'd consider it.

Now I'm looking at bonaire vista tours dot com. No cute little cars, but it's a three-hour tour for $35 per person. I think it's limited to 15 pax

Sorry that you can't get a shorter tour:( I find that interesting he's changed it - would make more sense for shorter tours for cruisers. Esp being concerned with getting back to ship ontime etc.

I booked back in December for my April cruise -I will have to confirm to make sure that did not change from what he sent back.

Hopefully you enjoy which ever one you go with. :)

I just reviewed my email to him and it specifically said I was interested in the 4-5 hour tour . I mentioned that my husband would be the driver and I would be the second adult.( Our ship is in port from 8 am until 11 pm.). he emailed back that he had reserved our spot and we should email him back in December for specific details about time, ect. Now I am a little worried after hearing what your email said.

Sorry that you can't get a shorter tour:( I find that interesting he's changed it - would make more sense for shorter tours for cruisers. Esp being concerned with getting back to ship ontime etc.

I booked back in December for my April cruise -I will have to confirm to make sure that did not change from what he sent back.

Hopefully you enjoy which ever one you go with. :)

Would you please let me know what you find out? He said he reserved our spot on the 4-5 hour tour in the Twizzy vehicles, for January 2016, but he did not request a deposit. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Would you please let me know what you find out? He said he reserved our spot on the 4-5 hour tour in the Twizzy vehicles, for January 2016, but he did not request a deposit. Thanks.

I sent an email and he confirmed it was all the same, price, time etc.

and I did not pay a deposit either. He said pay cash at tour.

• 3 months later...

I'm emailing him and he answers quickly but with his broken English it's tough to know what you'll actually be doing on which tour.

I want to do salt mines, slave huts, flamingos, shopping, beach and Twizy. I think I'd need to do the van and Twizy Tour to get to everything.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing this Tour in Oct. Did you bring a swim bag with your towels and swimsuits? Or did you wear your swimsuit under your clothes? Also is there a lot of walking on this tour? What kind of shoes are best? Thanks

Thanks

They said in their email to contact them in December for more details. Now I am second guessing whether they wait to see if they have spots available. I am thinking of booking something else. I do not want to be scrambling to find something at the last minute.