Labadee coaster

Staying Focused

I know you have control of your speed but how necessary is the brake throughout the ride? I guess what I'm asking is do you even need to use it at/is there a safety concern if you chose to only use it to stop at the end? And, for those wanting to go slower, maybe enjoy the view a little more, is there concern with someone coming too fast behind you and potentially hitting you?

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

No need to brake at all if your goal is to go fast. In fact, if you push the brake lever all the way down, you can go even faster. They have warning lights on the track to tell the cars that there is someone in front of them, so if the person is responsible in the rear car, a collision is not likely. However, there is always a chance. For the car in front, they prohibit stopping on the track and discourage you from going too slow to enjoy the view - for exactly the reason you stated above. All in all, I would not worry about any type of a collision, but, as with all things, act responsibly and always be aware of what is going on around you.

Gotcha' - No, there is no risk of the car jumping off the track, unlike the traditional Alpine Slides, if you go too fast. The brake is to control your speed - not to keep the coaster on the track!

No worries. There is a safety video that they make you watch before they let you go and we ended up watching it A LOT. So many times I can't even remember what it said. I am pretty sure it does not tell you that you can go as fast as you want and the coaster has no chance of coming off the track, however. But I did specifically ask that question and the person that was working there told me that. I actually asked two different people (I am a need to know type too!) and I got the same answer from both of them.