B2B cruise, day in Miami

teamflames

Hi we are doing an NCl Panama Canal cruise followed by a TA, so will have the day in Miami which we have never visited before (except for a stay in the hospital). I think we would just like to hang around south beach for the day. Are there buses from the port or even HOHO? Appreciate any feedback

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are several hop-on/off bus tours that you can catch -- closest stop from POM is likely Bayside Market. You can Uber to SB from POM for the day - lunch, beach, drinks, people watching, etc.

I envy you for having enough time off to take two great cruises B2B -- one of these days I'll get there. ;)

There is a hop on/hop off, but this is very different than just hanging out at South Beach.

How much walking do you want to do? I'd suggest getting dropped off at South Pointe Park, walk the park and the water, pier, etc. Then wander Ocean Drive and connect to Lincoln Rd. You will have seen pretty much the hot spots on South Beach if you do that.

There is a hop on/hop off, but this is very different than just hanging out at South Beach.

How much walking do you want to do? I'd suggest getting dropped off at South Pointe Park, walk the park and the water, pier, etc. Then wander Ocean Drive and connect to Lincoln Rd. You will have seen pretty much the hot spots on South Beach if you do that.

thanks all - we love walking and would be preferable to a HOHO (unless we are going to miss some major sights).

thanks all - we love walking and would be preferable to a HOHO (unless we are going to miss some major sights).

You will miss the major sites outside of South Beach. But for south beach alone, you don't need a bus or guide.