Paradise Beach and Shopping

travelling_txgal

We are traveling to Cozumel via Carnival in May. We'll be in port from 9:00am - 6:00pm. We've decided to do Paradise Beach for half the day and shopping for the second part. Looking for some experienced recommendations on the best way to spend our day.

For example, if we do the beach in the morning, spend a few hours lounging, change and then taxi to shopping, which areas are best for shopping? What areas would be the closest in distance from beach to shopping to back to port? I am very cautious about time so I am looking to be back at the ship no later than 5pm. If anyone could share their timeline or tips on what worked for them, I'd appreciate it! :)

My wife and I have been to Coz 5 or 6 times. We do the routine posted here every time. You will have plenty of time to do beach and downtown. First head for the beach of your choice. $12 per cab not per person from pier to beaches. Hang until 1:00ish. Then grab a cab in front of beach, and go to San Miguel (Downtown). Cab from downtown to the pier is 10 or 15 minutes tops. There are a ton of cabs lined up in front of downtown to run you back. Try to enjoy one of the sidewalk cafe's by the park. The food is great and people watching is fun also. You are also in the middle of a ton of shops. Don't just hang near the waterfront, go into town a bit. Better prices in there.

Taxi fare to most of the popular beach clubs - Paradise Beach, Sanchos, Playa Mia, etc. -- will be closer to $17 each way, not the $12 figure posted above. Current fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier; there are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel -- be sure that you go back to the correct pier (it can be a challenge after 10-11 margaritas :rolleyes: )