Recommendations for tours in Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas

Travelerfromva

We will stopping in Acapulco and Cabo in January and would appreciate recommendations for tour providers. Would like to avoid the ships large bus tours if we can find something more interesting. Also suggestions about what not to miss in each place--we will have somewhat limited time in Cabo.

We haven't been to Acapulco in ages!! I think when we went there we walked to the fort but i'd check with the Acapulco forum on Trip Advisor(the sister site to this one for land vacations) and see what the folks there say.

We often don't bother to get off the ship in Cabo since we are not really beach people.

I'd probably take a tour of a taxi to San Jose del Cabo which is smaller.

OP: what interests you? As noted above, you'll be in Cabo during the heart of the whale migration season. We were there in very early February this year, and had a fantastic morning with Whale Watch Cabo; they are a terrific outfit, and I highly recommend them.

http://whalewatchcabo.com/

We totally lucked out on our tour -- got to see a mother humpback teaching her three-week old calf how to breach! Baby was having a great time:

enhance

enhance

enhance

And so was mama:

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was awesome!!

(photos by turtles06)

• 2 months later...

This review is too late to help you, but might be of interest to someone else who has a similar question.

We went on a Panama Cruise in November, 2017, with a stop in Acapulco. We booked an Acapulco City Highlights Tour through a local company, acapulcoforall. by Sebastian Hernandez. Sebastian was easy to book with and provided a great experience for the four of us for a reasonable price. His van was already fully booked, but he set us up with another driver and guide and we had an enjoyable day seeing many interesting sites. The highlights of the day were the baby turtle release and the cliff divers.

We ended our tour with a delicious lunch in the company of Sebastian, our driver and our guide.

• 3 weeks later...
OP: what interests you? As noted above, you'll be in Cabo during the heart of the whale migration season. We were there in very early February this year, and had a fantastic morning with Whale Watch Cabo; they are a terrific outfit, and I highly recommend them.

http://whalewatchcabo.com/

We totally lucked out on our tour -- got to see a mother humpback teaching her three-week old calf how to breach! Baby was having a great time:

enhance

enhance

enhance

And so was mama:

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was awesome!!

(photos by turtles06)

These are the best pictures of a whale sighting I've ever seen. Discovery channel couldn't have gotten better. WOW

• 1 month later...

This review is too late to help for the Jan 2018 cruise, but should be able to assist someone else who has a similar question.

We just returned from a NCL Panama Cruise, April, 2018, with a stop in Acapulco. I booked for 8 of my fellow CC shipmates a tour booked with Acapulco for All, owned and operated by Sebastian Hernandez. Our highlights of the day were the baby turtle release and the cliff divers. The Tour was called Acapulco City Highlights Tour, Sebastian was easy to book with and provided a great experience for the four of us for a reasonable price. He was able to book a second van to join our group with an awesome guiand we had an enjoyable day seeing many interesting

We ended our tour with a delicious lunch in the company of Sebastian and Roberto, our driver and our guide.

We recently toured Acapulco with "Acapulco for All". This tour company is run by Sebastian Ricardo Hernandez and was EXCELLENT. We had a 21 passenger van for 20 of us. Clean and air conditioned. Our guide, Roberto Alarcon was fantastic and our driver, very good. We wanted for nothing. This was a 6 hour tour that included the Cliff Diver's show, Chapel of Peace, mosaic murals, Baby Turtle release and the best taco lunch I have ever eaten! Beer and water were provided constantly - even when we went to the restaurant for lunch. I would do this tour again in a minute, it was just that good. Roberto was one of the best guides we have ever had; so knowledgeable and interesting. Very thankful for him.

At no time did we ever feel unsafe while in Acapulco. I would highly recommend this tour company. Sebastian can be reached at: acapulcoforall@yahoo.com

We were in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas in May 2018.

In PV, we took the Signature Taco tour via vallartaeats.com. It was outstanding. We met at 10 a.m. and proceeded to eat and a number of very small taco stands that you probably would never notice or stop at on your own. First stop, for breakfast, we had 2 beef tacos-one soft, one crispy served with a warm beef broth and hibiscus flavored water to drink. Stop 2 was a carnitas taco-probably 15 local folks in line at the stand in front of us upon arrival-it was my wife's second favorite taco of the day. Stop 3 was for fried mahi mahi tacos-my favorite of the tour. Then we stopped by a store that raised their own pigs and sells associated products. We had pork rinds-not my favorite but good to learn about local tastes. Our cab driver on the way back to the ship loved them and we left 2 packs for him. Next stop was a small store that processes and makes their own corn tortillas-we ate them fresh off the line. We then went through a small fruit and vegetable store that was very interesting and our guide gave us a lot of information on the food and their use. We then went to our 4th taco stand for a ceviche chalupa-watch the spices you can use. I got a hot one and had to drink a ton of water and I love spicy food. Our 5th taco stand served quesadillas-my wife went crazy; she's still talking about how wonderful they were. Our guide bought us a lemon with mint drink and we wish we could have brought gallons back with us. We ended the tour with a stop for ice cream. They had coconut, mango, passion fruit, pineapple popsicles. And, this was all by 1 p.m. Really did not need dinner on the ship that night.

In Cabo, we tendered into the marina from the ship. There are a lot of "glass bottom boats" that kind of stretch the definition but they are fine. The glass bottom is about 2 feet wide and 4 feet long but the water is so clear you can see fish off the side of the boat. For $15 per person, the guide took us out around and past Lands End and the Arch with a couple of short stops to view fish and then over to Medano Beach to drop us off and they returned about 3 hours later to take us back to the marina. They charge $10 round trip to the beach and back so that was a no brainer decision to go out to the Arch for $5 more. At the beach, we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for the beach time for $15. Our guide bought us beer before we left the marina-$7 for 10 beers (Tecate). He got the locals price versus our price. :)The water at Medano is beautiful. :):):):)