Parking for cruise out of Boston

doones2

Does anyone know what the price is to park at the pier in Boston? I know there’s a parking garage across the street but I also know there’s a shuttle from another parking lot that will take us to the ship. Not sure which is the best way to go.

Does anyone know what the price is to park at the pier in Boston? I know there’s a parking garage across the street but I also know there’s a shuttle from another parking lot that will take us to the ship. Not sure which is the best way to go.

It looks like they have changed the Cruiseport parking options once again.

For the 2018 season it appears there are 2 options. You can pay in advance $21/day and park at 501 Congress St up by the Seaport Hotel and take a complimentary shuttle to the pier or pay $30/day at the EDIC garage by the pier.

Parking paid for in advance is $21 per 24-hour period for select dates. To purchase your cruise parking in advance, please visit FlynnCruiseportParking.com. There will be a complimentary shuttle offering transport between 501 Congress Street and Flynn Cruiseport Boston. Parking paid day of is $30 at the EDIC Lot. Cash, Visa or MasterCard are accepted at both locations. The EDIC lot is located at 12 Dry Dock Avenue.

I see that you are in Boston. If you can manage your luggage, the T could be a good option for you as well depending on what station you are close to. Rates at stations which allow overnight parking now range from $6-15/day.

https://mbta.com/parking/stations-and-rates

For my Sep cruise I will get dropped off at Alewife and spend only a T fare for the accessible trip to Black Falcon on the Red Line and Silver Line.

For the 2018 season it appears there are 2 options. You can pay in advance $21/day and park at 501 Congress St up by the Seaport Hotel and take a complimentary shuttle to the pier or pay $30/day at the EDIC garage by the pier.

Parking paid for in advance is $21 per 24-hour period for select dates. To purchase your cruise parking in advance, please visit FlynnCruiseportParking.com. There will be a complimentary shuttle offering transport between 501 Congress Street and Flynn Cruiseport Boston. Parking paid day of is $30 at the EDIC Lot. Cash, Visa or MasterCard are accepted at both locations. The EDIC lot is located at 12 Dry Dock Avenue.

I saw that on their website! Last July we parked at the port lot for a 7 day cruise.

We have a 15 day cruise in June and that jacks up the parking fees a lot. And the hotels are wanting an arm and a leg too!

What's my best option?

Driving from NJ.

Considered renting a car both ways and staying one night pre cruise in a hotel.

Looked at the park sleep cruise places as well.

Edited by Arzeena

I saw that on their website! Last July we parked at the port lot for a 7 day cruise.

We have a 15 day cruise in June and that jacks up the parking fees a lot. And the hotels are wanting an arm and a leg too!

What's my best option?

Driving from NJ.

Considered renting a car both ways and staying one night pre cruise in a hotel.

Looked at the park sleep cruise places as well.

There's no easy answer for a 15 day cruise.

What would it cost to do two one way rentals? Where exactly would you have to pick up and drop off the car? Sounds easy, but have you ever driven in downtown Boston or around the airport?

On trinityreservations.com I'm seeing the Holiday Inn in Saugus for $158 tax included for a room and 14 nights parking with $12/day after that. The reviews for this hotel are expected for this kind of airport hotel offering. Not the most convenient coming from NJ, but you can circle around Boston on route 128/I95. They have a free airport shuttle which means you could take that to Logan and transfer to the FREE Silver Line SL1 bus to the INDOOR World Trade Center stop where you transfer via elevator across the tracks to the SL2 bus to Black Falcon Terminal or get off at the OUTDOOR WTC stop to take Uber/Lyft or a cab from the Seaport Hotel to the pier, which is only blocks away. Just reverse the process to get back to Saugus. The Silver Line has one step to get on - no worse than any airport shuttle bus. Outbound to Logan it costs $2.75/pp.

There's no easy answer for a 15 day cruise.

What would it cost to do two one way rentals? Where exactly would you have to pick up and drop off the car? Sounds easy, but have you ever driven in downtown Boston or around the airport?

On trinityreservations.com I'm seeing the Holiday Inn in Saugus for $158 tax included for a room and 14 nights parking with $12/day after that. The reviews for this hotel are expected for this kind of airport hotel offering. Not the most convenient coming from NJ, but you can circle around Boston on route 128/I95. They have a free airport shuttle which means you could take that to Logan and transfer to the FREE Silver Line SL1 bus to the INDOOR World Trade Center stop where you transfer via elevator across the tracks to the SL2 bus to Black Falcon Terminal or get off at the OUTDOOR WTC stop to take Uber/Lyft or a cab from the Seaport Hotel to the pier, which is only blocks away. Just reverse the process to get back to Saugus. The Silver Line has one step to get on - no worse than any airport shuttle bus. Outbound to Logan it costs $2.75/pp.

Thanks Carol.

Crunching the numbers now.

We were just looking into the same thing for a 7 day on Norwegian Dawn on June 8. The garage website actually lists the total cost by cruise; ours would be $147. We're considering UBER, the estimate on the UBER website is $53-$71 for a 1-way UBER -X from our house (on the RI border) to the port. On the high end it would be same as the garage but door to door.

I wonder if they are trying to persuade cruisers to not use the EDIC garage? A lot more business is opening in the area and probably need the spaces. The offsite with the shuttle is still a decent deal, considering what it costs to park in Boston.

I wonder if they are trying to persuade cruisers to not use the EDIC garage? A lot more business is opening in the area and probably need the spaces. The offsite with the shuttle is still a decent deal, considering what it costs to park in Boston.

The Seaport District is booming. As they build more buildings, the outdoor lots will disappear and parking costs will go up even if new structures have underground parking.

It looks like they increase the rate from $20/day to $30/day at the EDIC garage by the pier, from 2017 to 2018.

Great info! I went to this site https://bostonparking.spplus.com/Destinations/Boston-Flynn-Cruiseport-Parking.html

I found my Serenade cruise and selected it. Cost came up as $147. I put Cruise18 in the promo code ( no other details) and hit "Apply". The cost changed from $147 to $126.

Just wanted to THANK YOU for this promo code! It worked for my NCL Dawn cruise in April!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting information. I thought I’d try it for my Serenade cruise on Tuesday Sept 11 and it doesn’t exist! I checked the Cruiseport schedule and they think we’re departing Wed Sept 11. This should be a very interesting cruise...!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting information. I thought I’d try it for my Serenade cruise on Tuesday Sept 11 and it doesn’t exist! I checked the Cruiseport schedule and they think we’re departing Wed Sept 11. This should be a very interesting cruise...!

Cooncat_mom - I tracked down someone at Massport Parking for you.

1). I told them about the error you noticed on the Cruiseport schedule

2). The parking options are not yet finalized. The ones currently being offered to reserve on the web site are the cruises whose volume will support a shuttle to Black Falcon Terminal.

3). For shorter or low volume cruises, they expect to offer a parking option without the shuttle transportation, but details are not finalized at this time.

4). They are expecting the South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center to open sometime during the cruising season with 1500 parking spaces.

5). http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?p=310007

6). If no shuttle is offered your choices to get to Black Falcon Terminal from this parking would be Uber, cab from the Seaport Hotel cab stand on Seaport Lane, Silver Line SL2 accessible bus from the World Trade to Black Falcon, or walking.

So bottom line for your Sep 11 cruise is to be patient for a while and wait to see how this develops.

I will post back when I get more updates.

Following this thread. We are driving in from Ontario Canada and am currently researching parking near the port. I see that our October cruise is listed on the Boston parking site noted above but no discount using the Cruise18 code.

Following this thread. We are driving in from Ontario Canada and am currently researching parking near the port. I see that our October cruise is listed on the Boston parking site noted above but no discount using the Cruise18 code.

$21/day is still a good price. Maybe not what you would like, but still very reasonable for Boston where other parking in the Seaport area is running $30/day.

We were just looking into the same thing for a 7 day on Norwegian Dawn on June 8. The garage website actually lists the total cost by cruise; ours would be $147. We're considering UBER, the estimate on the UBER website is $53-$71 for a 1-way UBER -X from our house (on the RI border) to the port. On the high end it would be same as the garage but door to door.

Are you near a commuter rail stop? If so, you could take the commuter rail in to South Station and then grab the silver line from there...

I just got off the phone with Bra-Edic parking garage at 12 Drydock ave across from cruise terminal. It is $25.00 per day on first come basis or you can reserve online and be guaranteed a spot for $30.00 a day.

That's in line with the info I got. Bra-EDIC parking would probably work for any cruise leaving on a weekend day, but given the parking pressure in the Seaport District, I would never recommend it for the NCL Friday sailings unless parking the night before or early in the morning. Perhaps someone who uses the garage daily will see this and post their advice.

Hopefully the new Massport garage with 1500 spaces will open soon. Certainly not as convenient as Bra-EDIC, but still an option with the Silver Line available for a ride to the port.

I was thinking I’d park in Quincy or Adams garages, and Uber to the port. It sounds so simple to me; am I overlooking something??

That's definitely an option as well. These garages have overnight parking for up to 30 days. However, the big question is whether they fill up on a weekday morning. Quincy has 2500+ spaces and Adams has 1100+. Alewife has 2600+ spaces and is usually full between 8:30-9:00 am.

That's definitely an option as well. These garages have overnight parking for up to 30 days. However, the big question is whether they fill up on a weekday morning. Quincy has 2500+ spaces and Adams has 1100+. Alewife has 2600+ spaces and is usually full between 8:30-9:00 am.

Good point. Get there early. I’ll just drive up to that area the day before and get a hotel close to Quincy garage. No sleeping in for us!!!!

There are hundreds of options. No one size fits all. It depends on what's important to you, convenience, cost, traffic into Boston. For me convenience is more important than cost. If I have to pay more to park to be within walking distance of the ship so be it. Parking cost is part of the vacation expense.

I have to agree. To me, I'd rather pay for the convenience of getting off the ship, getting my luggage, loading the car, and hitting the road. By the time you deal with transportation to an off site lot, or the T to a subway garage, its just not worth it.

Cooncat_mom - I tracked down someone at Massport Parking for you.

1). I told them about the error you noticed on the Cruiseport schedule

2). The parking options are not yet finalized. The ones currently being offered to reserve on the web site are the cruises whose volume will support a shuttle to Black Falcon Terminal.

3). For shorter or low volume cruises, they expect to offer a parking option without the shuttle transportation, but details are not finalized at this time.

4). They are expecting the South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center to open sometime during the cruising season with 1500 parking spaces.

5). http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?p=310007

6). If no shuttle is offered your choices to get to Black Falcon Terminal from this parking would be Uber, cab from the Seaport Hotel cab stand on Seaport Lane, Silver Line SL2 accessible bus from the World Trade to Black Falcon, or walking.

So bottom line for your Sep 11 cruise is to be patient for a while and wait to see how this develops.

I will post back when I get more updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums