Nynashamn to Stockholm

Hi will be docking in Nynashamn in July and would most likely go to Stockholm for the day, can anyone enlighten me to the best DIY method of getting there and which tickets to get and where to get them from.

Would consider staying in Nynashamn but what is there to do in and around the area?

The easiest way to do it yourself would be to take the train. It"s roughly a 15 minute walk from the port (follow the blue line painted on the sidewalk - it will lead you straight there), and you can buy a transit pass from the tourist information booth.

The trip lasts one hour.

When you head back, make sure you're in the first car (or can move over). When hubby and I did this, we were advised to do this because, at some point, the train releases some of its passenger cars as most of its passengers will have departed before Nynashamn.

The train is certainly the least expensive method but I am not sure the easiest. You could also just use the cruise lines OYO bus as a transfer mechanism. The Stockholm HoHo also generally runs a few buses out to The port as well. You need to check their website and see if you can prebook. Not a lot in Nynashamn itself. In Stockholm don’t miss the Vasa.

Thank you. We like to use public transport as locals would so will most likely take the train. Can we by-pass tourist information and get a day ticket to cover all of Stockholm from the station or pre purchase online.

Thank you. We like to use public transport as locals would so will most

likely take the train. Can we by-pass tourist information and get a day ticket to cover all of Stockholm

from the station or pre purchase online.

Online-purchase is not available. I have never been to Nynäshamn but there is supposed to be a kiosk at

the railway station that will sell tickets but I don't know at what time it is open. I also think there are ticket

machines on the platforms. SL also have an app (Smart phone ticket app) but I have not used it. It will require

you to provide your credit card details to be able to do purchases.

https://sl.se/en/fares--tickets/