Iceland - FAB Travel

Morning everyone.

We're heading to Iceland and Norway soon and I've been researching some Golden Circle tours in Reykjavik.

One I've found that looks interesting is FAB Travel (Free As a Bird) but they're difficult to find reviews on Tripadvisor for.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

reyjkavik excursions was very good

We used Reyjklavik Excursions too and were extremely pleased with their tours. So very convenient and efficient with pick up right at the airport and drop off at hotel or return to airport.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I've had a look at both websites and unfortunately they both start their excursions at 9am and don't get back until 5pm. Our ship docks at 11am on the first day and departs at 3pm the next day, so neither of these tours fit in with our schedule.

FAB Travel allows you to choose a pick up time, so we can say 1pm on the day we arrive, and then we have no worries about what time we're getting back.

http://www.fabtravel.is/en/cruise-ship/cruise-ships-in-reykjavik-2012

http://www.fabtravel.is/en/tours/day-tours-from-reykjavik/index/tours-from-reykjavik-day-tours-bus-tours-day-trips-private-tours-golden-circle-gullfoss-geysir-thing/golden-circle-day-tour-bus-tour

Someone else mentioned IG Tours, and I believe a lot of people from our ship are doing this. Their website mentions specific cruise ship tours too, and is cheaper than FAB (but I think this is due to the fact that FAB is effectively a private tour)...

http://www.igtours.is/eng/catalog/tour76.html

I think we may go with the majority and go with IG Tours...

• 4 years later...

I wanted to report back on my trip with FabTravel on my Disney Norway Iceland cruise this June. I booked the combo package with Akureyri and Reykjavik. The instructions were they would meet us 30 minutes after docking which was 8:15 in Akureyri and 12:30 in Reykjavik. Both meet ups were extremely smooth, the company was right off this ship holding a sign for both and it was very easy to walk right over to the buses. I was amazed by how knowledgeable and friendly both guides were. Of course the sights in Iceland were spectacular but their knowledge and extra information was fantastic. I learned an Iceland horse can never return if it leaves the Island! Every site was visited and easily accessible. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this company. I want to go back for Northern lights at some point and will book a tour with them again. We easily got back to the ship in time in Akureyri and we had another day in Reykjavik, so that was not an issue.

I wanted to report back on my trip with FabTravel on my Disney Norway Iceland cruise this June. I booked the combo package with Akureyri and Reykjavik. The instructions were they would meet us 30 minutes after docking which was 8:15 in Akureyri and 12:30 in Reykjavik. Both meet ups were extremely smooth, the company was right off this ship holding a sign for both and it was very easy to walk right over to the buses. I was amazed by how knowledgeable and friendly both guides were. Of course the sights in Iceland were spectacular but their knowledge and extra information was fantastic. I learned an Iceland horse can never return if it leaves the Island! Every site was visited and easily accessible. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this company. I want to go back for Northern lights at some point and will book a tour with them again. We easily got back to the ship in time in Akureyri and we had another day in Reykjavik, so that was not an issue.

Thank you for your review! We've booked the same tours with FAB for our cruise next month, so I was very happy to hear you had a good experience. :)

• 8 months later...

s

Glad to hear it, we booked the Golden Circle tour with them in August when we arrive on Disney Magic.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the Reykjavik and Akureyri tours with FAB three years ago. Couldn't be happier. The guides at both locations were knowledgable and friendly. The buses were small (16 passengers at most) so we went to more places than the ship's tours did, and for a much more reasonable price. In Akureyri we had time to go to the Myvatn nature baths (not as commercial as the Blue Lagoon), which was a lot of fun. We liked our cruise stops in Iceland with FAB so much we returned last year on a land-based vacation.

• 1 month later...
When booking the combo, do you schedule your first port day? I'd like the discount, but the different ports on different days has me stumped on their website. It's not really clear which you're supposed to do, if order matters, etc.

Thanks.

I too found it confusing. Therefore I emailed them with my name, email and mobile phone number as well as name of the ship, dates and times of arrival. They did a manual booking and sent me the tickets by email, we pay them on arrival. The price is shown on the confirmation. Was very easy.

I too found it confusing. Therefore I emailed them with my name, email and mobile phone number as well as name of the ship, dates and times of arrival. They did a manual booking and sent me the tickets by email, we pay them on arrival. The price is shown on the confirmation. Was very easy.

I'll do that then. See you there.

Thanks much!