Which Gaudi building to visit?

wilson4

Please can anyone give me their opinions about which Gaudi building you would recommend. We have already been to the Sagrada and would like an alternative for our forthcoming visit to Barcelona. We were thinking maybe Casa Batllo or Case Mila?. Any advice on these or any other Gaudi buildings would be greatly appreciated.

I would also put Park Guell and Mila at the top of my list. I wonder how long it has been since your last visit to Sagrada Familia. We returned about 5 years after our first time and it was fabulous to see a second time and to see the progress that had been made.

I would do Casa Batllo over Casa Mila since the self guided tour in Batllo was more immersive and I thought you got to go through more varied architecture. Mila has the neat attic museum but if you go to some of the other Gaudi buildings then it you've already seen it all...

Park Guell (huge amount to see) and Palau Guell (early Gaudi) are both excellent. I loved the roof of Palau Guell over any of the other roofs.

If I had to put an order I would suggest Park Guell, Casa Batllo, Palau Guell, and then Casa Mila.

I would also put Park Guell and Mila at the top of my list. I wonder how long it has been since your last visit to Sagrada Familia. We returned about 5 years after our first time and it was fabulous to see a second time and to see the progress that had been made.

You have raised an excellent question for the OP in terms of when their prior visit to La Sagrada Familia was. We first visited in 2010; the interior was a construction site. We returned in 2014 -- what a difference! The interior had been completed and was astonishing to see. And of course, there is constant work being done on the exterior.

It was 2013 that we visited the Sagrada. It was beautiful inside. We also visited Park Guell.

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. It seems we can't go wrong whichever option we take.:)

I would do Casa Batllo over Casa Mila since the self guided tour in Batllo was more immersive and I thought you got to go through more varied architecture. Mila has the neat attic museum but if you go to some of the other Gaudi buildings then it you've already seen it all...

Park Guell (huge amount to see) and Palau Guell (early Gaudi) are both excellent. I loved the roof of Palau Guell over any of the other roofs.

If I had to put an order I would suggest Park Guell, Casa Batllo, Palau Guell, and then Casa Mila.

I'm glad to see a vote for Palau Guell. We will be in Barcelona in October, with our final night of the cruise overnight in Barcelona. We don't arrive in port until 1:00 pm, so time is limited. I had decided to take Viking's included excursion bus ride/walking tour that ends at the Gothic Quarter, and then have tickets for the Palau Guell on our own. Your comments make me think I have a good plan!

I'm glad to see a vote for Palau Guell. We will be in Barcelona in October, with our final night of the cruise overnight in Barcelona. We don't arrive in port until 1:00 pm, so time is limited. I had decided to take Viking's included excursion bus ride/walking tour that ends at the Gothic Quarter, and then have tickets for the Palau Guell on our own. Your comments make me think I have a good plan!

It's also the closest to the port which makes it easy on you. Good plan.

It's also the closest to the port which makes it easy on you. Good plan.

We have been to Sagrada Familia, and would love to see Park Guell, but that just seemed too rushed. I figured a simple plan was the best, so I was glad to see that Palau Guell was well regarded.